WorkingMans Redneck Paradise

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by WorkingMan, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Hard at here in The Heartland.
    Clearing driveways, snowing like hell. 
    Tents kicking ass, Rooms are kicking ass.
    I'm smoking Maui.
    Life is good for an old Redneck.

2. What do you think?
    Male or Female? 

Attached Files:

3. Just a little photo update.

Attached Files:

4. ill read up to present, but i now understand let the lil guy go! Man you workin it !👍👍

5. Thanks, 
    I love a project that involves lots of learning, free medication, and makes me and mine smile...  :)

Right now I'm just keeping things on track, planing the summer grow, and getting the process flow up to speed. I'm aiming for a organic living soil mix, I just don't see the need for bottled stuff in my medication, IF I can avoid it. I'm not fully there yet, it's just to cold for the soil mix to get up to speed, so I'm cheating just a bit using the same food we have used in the garden for 20+ years.

Please look through and offer any advice or ask questions, (I've been known to do stupid stuff)

Last year was my first serious attempt, and it went splendid, BUT, it was pure grace from Mother Nature, and lots of reading here. OP, Brass, yourself, and others have solved most of the problems, A smart man just reads and follows, remembers what his Father taught him in the garden, and knows that there is no substitute for Work. He may even pray to his long departed Grandma for a little protection from time-to-time.  :)

Y'all take care, 
    I have to go get the slush off the driveway before it turns to ice. 

6. Hey brother, congrats on 30 years with the woman.

Boy does the time fly.....:smoke:
    ~ poke

7. Morning all.
    Project is still coming up to speed nicely, No finished product yet, but I expect to be cutting the Cheese and Afro automatics soon. Maybe starting today? They are taking forever to start turning reddish, and the leaves are just now starting to die back. The first srog of headband is filling out nice, but it will have to get better, there is some wasted room on it. 

Yesterday I started sorting out the seed cracking stuff for the outdoor grow, as well as working on the site plan. I intend to grow a few less plants this year, and just do a better job raising them. I'll be adding a strain or 2, but I think I'll be concentrating on the Maui, C99, Kali (She takes forever to finish, and I have just the perfect spot picked out for her, room for 6 plants, good Sun, wonderful overhead cover, and easy to drape if we get frost) and then some headband or other fast finisher, and a couple Cheese and Critical's. I may throw in a couple of Autos, just to get some early smoke, but who knows. Last year they were more of a novelty, and provided some much needed mid-summer smoke. Maybe a couple? 

I intend to transplant them into the field later this year than last year, I'll follow OPs lead and find a protected spot to harden them, then put them in the holes around 6-1-15. Last year they went in earlier and we had 5+ days of rain and cold.. Grrr

I'll be heading to the woods in the next couple of weeks to top a few trees that were stealing sunlight, start killing a couple more that I want as standing dead for the cover, feed the holes some manure, and whatever. I need to stack some brush in strategic locations as well. In a couple of months I'll start setting the trap and clearing out some of the unneeded varmints that uprooted my girls last spring. (Possum) 

No cages this year, they were a waste of time, only got in the way. 

Major changes in my trimming methodology this year. I didn't cut near enough lower limbs off, far to many little tiny buds there. On a few, I'm going to let them go straight up for awhile, then tie them over and see if I can grow a cola bridge. Just a big arch with colas running the length of it. 

Pest and fungus control will be more proactive, less reactive this year, (I hope). 

All right, time to go do something, y'all take care...

8. Okay, just a quick photo update:

Attached Files:

9. Didn't cut any plants yet, close, but not ready.  :(

10. sucks having to wait wm nice grow subbing up here fo sho

11. Seed starting test run 15.01is a success, so I cut a few clones to throw in with them for an additional test using rock wool. Tonight I'll start the next germination test, paper towel then straight to Solo cups, eliminating the rapid rooter/wool. (Bag Seeds) I'm way ahead of schedule, but I'm seriously considering starting all the seeds early, so I can pull some clones and set them in the flower room to verify sex, or better yet, get the clones going and set the Mom in the flower room so I can get an early taste of that C99 and Maui. 

I'm running low on Maui already. I gave to much away at Christmas....  :(

12. Seeds started and clones taken.. Spring run plants should go out this week to finish mid May..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Coupla questions:
    You are getting all of that growth under one t8 tube? 
    Why do we trim so much off of the leaves as we are cloning? 

As always, You Kick Ass...

14. #455 BrassNwood, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015
      It is a 2 tube T5 High Output with a couple of 6500K bulbs.. Home Depot has the light and the hydro shop had the right color lamps.. 40 for the light and 10 each for the lamps.. I've long needed some way to put more height on my veg plants and finally got off the stick and did something about it..

I didn't have any luck taking larger more leafy clones.. They all died without putting out a single root.. I'm not in any hurry for the clones and can wait for them to grow.. Our very low humidity also plays a role for me and without a dome I have zero results.. The smaller leaf keeps the cutting from doing much Photosynth and in theory promotes rooting.. Mostly it lets me cram the cloner with as many cuttings as I can knowing I will have some fails and some that take to long and are out of sync with the rest of that cycle.. This round I'm taking 3 cuts of all strains..

15. Dude im sorry app is messin with me atm 1425422899410.jpg 1425422918338.jpg

16. #459 WorkingMan, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2015
    Rough Morning, 
    I woke up irritated about my project. Someone has infected me with negative energy. Bad. 

Edit,

I love to grow and build things, I do this for the positive affects. Not for Drama. Not to give someone an opportunity to spout negative energy into my world.

But I am in this position for a reason, it is up to me to discover what the reason is, and take on that responsibility. 

I think it is to help my friend learn that Drama is something we have been unwittingly trained to enjoy, just look at what we watch for entertainment, Drama filled news, Reality TV, hell even the Bikers are made out to look like Little Bitches these days. Everyone complains, no one sits back and looks at the gifts they have been given, only what they don't have, waiting on someone else to make the World right for them. Everything has to be an issue to rant about. 

But then again maybe the reason I'm put in this position is for me to learn not to let it happen to me again. It's like my Dear Old Grandmother used to say, "Fuck 'Em." You can't control how people act, only how you react to them. 

Ya wanna know what the real problem is, I'm The WorkingMan, NOT The WhineyLittleBitchMan for a fucking reason.

Okay, 
    I needed to write this just to get it out of my soul and out where the wind can blow it away. Thanks for giving me a place to rant.

Onward....

17. I feel you,wm! for sure, there it went gone with the breeze now on to bigger better things...i love your attitude the only one that can really hold any of us back is ourselves! Unless we give up that power by way of our reaction!