WorkingMans Redneck Paradise

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by WorkingMan, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Another order for Attitude came in, lots of freebies, enough to send a few to a friend in Georgia that's broke. 

I shoulda ordered more autos..... 

One more order yet to get here than I'll go over them all closely, go over the sites, and spend a few more days looking around, just to see what the ground thinks... :)

Shoulda bought more autos...

I'm outta smoke, and outta cash... a really bad combination... 

2. Hey workinman,

Pullin up a chair!

:smoke:

3. I can relate on the broke part. I'm about to order more autos myself. Then I'm taking money I could use now for other things but I look at it as a investment with excellent payout though.And ppersonal that I would spend a fortune on if I didn't grow. So win win. Can't wait to see your progress coming up workingman. I got a test buddha magnum that sprouted and got 4 others germinating right now. I am gonna get pics and start a grow journal within the next day. I wish us both luck this season brother.

4. Good thread ... your lucky to have the snow gone where you are . I'm in northern canada and have went out a few times already trudging through 4 feet of snow to find and clear a couple sites .. lol not even really worthwhile yet but have been so excited about this years grow I haven't been able to stay inside and wait.

Sent from my LG-C555 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I went out looking around a bit today to find a nice spot for an experiment and another stand of photos. And I was hoping to see a sign. Well I had a spot I cleared out years ago, in a stand of young trees that were tall enough to have dead lower branches, but young enough that the brush still had a good foot hold for cover. I cleared the brush into a pile, cut out a few trees with big tops, and then for some reason, walked away. (It may have been the year the wife and I were not seeing eye to eye so much and I abandoned all gardening ventures, She was starting the change, it was HELL)

Anyhow... As I'm headed around the path that leads to this spot I find a yellow tinted feather. To long for a finch, never seen a bird that this would come from around here before, and I've been here near 3 decades.. Odd, I'm thinking here's my sign... So I muck through the woods to this spot and I'm looking at the tree cover and the sun, the pile of brush that needs moved, some water standing here and there, you get the idea right? Well I look down at my feet, and there is another yellow feather, WTF? So now I have 2 tasks, dig more holes, and figure what these feathers came from.....

IMAG1179.jpg

6. Waking and Baking, gearing up to go do some Digging and Dragging. 

7. Good luck on the venture man. Woud definitely do some short flowering afghan based crosses or heavy indicas.

8. Shoot me some good examples please... Remember, I'm a Old Bag Seed guy.  :)

9. you get alot of rain inur area and whats avg temps over the summer?

10. Averages in the high 70's, moderate rain, Think something like Indianapolis Indiana or along that weather.

11. good luck this season. im gonna try to put out one large plant this season. cindys blue cheese

12. Worn out... I had things going on but I snuck out and got 3 holes dug in the thicket. Only 2 more to go in there but I'm shot. (I went riding with the neighbor kids and decided to take the TW into a creek bed.)

I'm thrilled with what I found, 12-18" of rich dark worm infested topsoil before I hit the clay.  Who hoooo... :)

Attached Files:

13. Woke up to Heavy Frost here. 2 Mugs of Maxwell House and Breakfast Bowl later, I'm gonna go dig a few holes. One spot has a deer trail through it now, I'm going to test a couple ideas to move them away today, and see if it works before I'm being reactive rather than proactive. I've also got a wheel barrel of wood ash under tarp that I need to get deposited, but I have to many holes to finish up to get them all dug today.

I sure hope these holes stay hidden, I can't be digging like this every spring.

Later,

14. Use fishing line to make a fence around grow spot or to divert the deer off the path . I used it last year in a couple spots just ran it tree to tree .. one line maybe 2 feet high and another at 4 or 5 feet high . Then hang a couple sticks off of it so they can see it in their way

15. And id sudgest going bigger with those holes .. 4 or 5 times bigger even if you have to use a lot of the natural soil to fill em back in.

You're right... I'm just getting tired of digging. I'll open them up some more when I have a good day. I'm just happy to be ahead of the game for once, this forum is a big plus for me, I can get up, drink some coffee and get medicated, while reading what everyone is working on, then I'm motivated... 

I have 15 holes already, double that and I'm golden.

17. Good to see someone out there working hard already ... I have so much to do aswell and probably won't be able to start for atleast a few weeks .. spring just won't come this year its minus 20 today and snow won't melt a bit : (

18. Ideally u want a 3x3x3 foot hole thats perfectsize. Then build a super soil fill the hole and let it cook for 4 weeks minimum. Then u can plant and ur off to the races.

19. I was hoping to get out early today and do some digging... No Freaking way.. Woke up to snow on the ground and cold air. Maybe in a couple hours, I'll let it warm up a bit and head out for a hour or 2 before I head to the J-O-B.

20. Good thing bout the cool weather is it keeps ya from over heating while diggin : ) ... and keeps others out of the woods . Get er done man before the bugs get bad