WorkingMans Redneck Paradise

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by WorkingMan, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Morning y'all. 

It's been busy here in Working World. Everything is in and jared up, I'll put the last of the hashlings into the vacuum bags this week, and tear down the trimming table before it becomes a catch-all covered with junk.

I don't know what the harvest weight was, there was no time for weighing it all, or I never made the time. I guess I didn't care, I know I grew about 400% more than budgeted and that seems to satisfy my ego for the time being.

On another note:
    Last night I saw an old friend, we started smoking together in 1988. She has 12+ grandkids she watches all the time, 4 successful kids, a small family owned business, and high quality ethics. Great Family people. But without medication, those grandkids get to be a handful. Well with she's found that 2 puffs of Maui, and those little buggers better get ready because that old gal is Supercharged.... lol

I've got 15 seeds up an growing, more on this later, and theres a order placed with Attitude, on the way, more on these plans later. Wait, this is no longer a plan. Money is being spent, walls are being built, seeds are started, vents are installed, power is being ran and shit's getting real.... 

More later...

Take care all and enjoy the Harvest.

2. Happy to see everything is good.

You definitively got me, always talking about that maui, will order for next summer hehe.

Can't wait for more details mate.

3. I pulled out a bud of the Kali last night and got a gift, 7 seeds in one bud.
    I started a Tangelope seed we found, it's taking off like a weed.
    Now if I could just find some Maui seeds....

BTW: 
    Tents cleaned out and new girls are loving life, getting ready to go see their new room.

4. Morning guys, 
    Up at 4am on my only day off, it's too cold to go outside and too early to start making noise in the house. So here I sit, drinking coffee and smoking Maui.

5. Evening Y'all.... 
    Busy time of year out here, getting ready for the freeze and all....
    \nI've got 6 autos up and ready, 4 Afrodite, and 2 Cheese, (These were all seeds from freebies, something to be trimming during the Daytona 500)
    7 clones from a friend coming on strong, all Kush somethings....
    4 unsexed headbands, a unsexed Karamelo, and femed kush I can't recall right now. Plus a Tangelope see we harvested a couple of weeks ago is up and running.... 
    I'm waiting on something to come in the mail as well, Critical Hog, Green Sex, Flower Bomb Kush, and some "Blue Power" From Visionseeds, plus the freebies.
    \nWalls are up, powers ran, vents are secured, and the door is hung. Tomorrow we're going to the local guys to buy lights, bags and panda. They are a bit higher $ than the internet, but they are local and produce some hilarious commercials.   :) I'm hoping to do a little negotiating with them as well, we will see. We're not going to go with LED right now, 2-3, 1k, dimmable, fan cooled, 220v, standard dimpled hoods, house brand with a 2 year warranty. 
    \nNot sure what we got ourselves into, but one thing for sure, We're Working...  :)

6. :)

Attached Files:

7. Looking good mate, you've been active I can see !! How many lights you plan running ?

We have 3 1000 HPS, and a few 400MH's to get us going. We have a hodge-podge of plants up and going, just stuff to get the room sorted out and us trained, then I'll start my scrogs. We started out building a veg room and a flower room, then I decided to eliminate the wall, and set it up for a light tight curtain. This will allow me to build my scrogs on wheeled platforms, I can get them going and filling out in the veg area, and open up the wall and roll them into flower. I can get 4 pallet sized scrogs in flower at once, with a bit of room for peppers and such. With switchable lights, we can do whatever needs done wherever it sits too.

The lights are 110/220 self sensing that can run HPS/MH, dimmable, with 2 cooling fans. I'm building the hoods, I have the stuff, knowledge, and tools. That saved us enough to buy an additional light, we only had room for 2 complete lights in the budget. We went to a local shop, well worth the slight upcharge, if any at all. Even before he saw we were serious, (I had a list, competitive prices, and let him notice a envelope that was full of cash) he was just a nice as could be. He threw me a 5% discount, worked with us on the reflector issue, and sent us home happy happy happy....

9. Seeds are here... Green Sex, Critical Hog, Flower Bomb Kush, and some stuff called Blue Blue Power from Vision. Lots of freebies too.

My tent is full of plants and clones right now, but once that settles a bit I'll start 4 of each for scrogs, clone each of them so I have the line, then see who likes the scrogs the best and use those clones for the future. (I hope).

10. Sounds like a good plan to me mate. Any chances of pict ?

11. Back up and at it. I killed a c99 roach and I am looking for something else. I've got a quart of Maui sitting here on the desk, I guess thats it.  :)

Maxwell House and Maui, Yummie...
    No onto todays plans. 

Off to Lowes for some stuff for the room, I'm hoping to find some vermiculite on the shelf somewhere, along with some hardware for the lights and a grommet kit to make a curtin. (The rooms to big and I want to gain the reflective surface of a wall next to the plants).

Then we'll seal the windows, hang the PANDA, and the lights, and move in the 6 automatics in.

Thats all starting once the rest of the world starts moving. For now, another cup of MH and a bowl of MW, and into the basement to burp jars, water plants and inspect the clones. 

12. Just read through the entire thread and wanted to offer my humble congrats;  very dedicated and well charted effort.  I've not got the courage or energy for such a massive undertaking.  Strictly indoor with much more meager means here.

Thank You... 

14. The clones took a hit, I somehow let them dry out, there was some seriously negative Mojo here at the homefront, but it's passed for now. 

Back to the clones. It looks like I let them get to dry, when the roots finally took off they sucked it dry and I didn't catch it. They were wilted to the ground, but some water and all but 2 are fine. I need to build a spray cloner, I get to busy and can't get to the clones reliably enough, not good. 

It won't be for a bit longer now, but we'll get it done.

My EWC dealer moved to Colorado, major bummer. So I'm going to try using a product called Bumper Crop. More on this later as I work out the details of the blend and concentrations. Here is the link:
     http://www.coastofmaine.com/mn-bumpercrop.shtml

Later All.....

15. We're catching some serious rain here.. Over 5 inches so far and it's pounding hard again..

Hope all is well and taking the weather ...

17. Morning Y'all.
    Maxwell House and T14 today. (T14 is the jar that we put all the buds, that we found on the trimming floor, that we didn't know where they came from)

No weekend this weekend, Works booming for the season, so I gotta help out, it's okay, OT$ that I can spend on Christmas. (WW wants a new recliner) 

My clones are doing better than expected, the 6 autos are booming, as well as the Headband. I have the clones in solo cups now, I think I'll lose one of them, my fault. I need to build a cloner, one with a pump. My schedule is just to erratic and I'm to much of a stoner to have to worry about them so much. 

The room is almost ready, one light is hung, but I don't like the timers I've found to date, BUT, last night I bought a nice 220VAC timer that is hard wired in. No plugs. Just want I wanted. I need to go get a second one and install it at the same time, just be done with it. 

With a bit of luck we will have the autos moved in on Sunday, maybe the one feminized plant I have will go in as well. 

Carry On...

18. Wise to go hardwire, safer and mor reliable. Cant wait to see that room !

19. depot or lowes should both carry the intermatic line of time clocks.. Dead mechanical and stupidly simple I've used them for years..

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Intermatic-T100-Series-40-Amp-125-Volt-DPST-24-Hr-Electromechanical-Time-Switch-with-Indoor-Enclosure-T103D89/100089939

Comes in several configurations.. 120-240 Voltages and single or double pole switching..

20. I bought a pair of 208-240 dpdt mechanical units. They were expensive, around $70 each, but they are the shit and they don't give a damn about power spikes and such, not to mention they are fully repairable. I'm done at the J-O-B, taking a break, then loading up and heading over to wire them up. The autos are huge, and need moved into 5 gallon bags, but I really really really want to move them first, I don't want to carry plants in 5 gallon bags around....