Making hash using vaporizied iso?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Shmockey92, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Same here and I am never in here sober.... maybe I'm just never sober..... here let me try this. I like iso at room temp or can be a fluid. Aggressive solvent (weakness and strength) readily available, easily reclaimable, doesn't require thousands for good quality equipment. The problem with iso is again the aggressivness. We use time to combat and contain it. What makes a solvent more active? Heat. This also van be used to force the iso to remain in the plant material for less time because it will want to vapor off. Now for this the soxhlet seems almost perfect because it is close to the Buchner principle what I would like it to do instead of all draining into the original still pot, for it to drain into a distillation flask more or less

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. yea, but if you put iso in a soxhlet you are going to get the nastiest oil ever, its going to pull everything out

hence i use hexane.... non polar

Then when its done you still off the hexane into the soxhlet and pour it back into its container (you lose some no matter what in the plant material and to the atmosphere)

However... when i make oil i generally run a half p at a time, i like to get it all done and have a smoking supply for a while, doing qwiso runs (not with a soxhlet, just regular) would require like 2 gallons of iso. I can use 500ml of hexane and get 350ml back at the end and extract the entire half pound.

I still run qwiso, if im running low on a work night and i dont have 10 hours for extracting, run a half zip or something to hold me over lol

3. Where does one obtain decent quality and quantity hexane? And 70% reclaim is pretty good my best run got 63% back on iso

4. I go to a science supply store... I'm sure it can be purchased online though

5. Live in the great CO so science supply might work

6. It's in Denver haha. Just called The Science Company. Its on lincoln

7. Take it we need to meet...

8. Makes life so much easier when someone know exactly what they r talking about lol

9. Who knows, maybe we already have hahaha.

I'm up in Boulder, are you in Northern CO?

10. NAW I live in Glendale/cherry creek but I spent time in boulder for sure have a grandfather bout 2 miles off mcaslin and 76 or 36 can't remember which one it is