Any Skateboarders On Gc?

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by bazookatooth59, Mar 7, 2014.

Eh, tapes are kinda a hassle to be honest, it took me so long to find a capture cam.

That's rad, I dig the 7D, only if I had the extra cash to get one now. The real question is, where the links to the full length video's bud? You must've filmed some kick ass parts!

2. Made a full length once for a company i rode for but i dont think it was ever put online. Besides that most of what i filmed is lost somewhere on the cloud.

Here's a teaser I'd made for the full length a long time ago.

http://youtu.be/PMZqrZzsngc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Snowboard in the winter, longboard every other season :smokin:

4. You definitely picked up a nice deal with that camera & yeah a youtuber i follow just got the hpx170 and the footy was top-notch and he didn't even have a fish eye yet. What program do you edit with ? I heard learning how to edit really good is the hard part. 

5. I have Final Cut Pro X but that's because I have all macs. It definitely has a learning curve but there's lots of info out there. I really like adobe premiere pro and after effects for PC. What I like about editing is you can get nice and toasty and influence the edit with your own personal style, what I don't like is I'll end up spending hours on a few seconds in an edit only to decide to scrap it and start over, it's all a process but a fun one in the end!

6. Yes follow my insta @_cali_dabd_ everyone can

Follow @_cali_dabd_ on Instagram

7. Winter sucks to skate here (Boston MA) but there's a lot of fun spots skateable all year if you can deal with the cold for a few months

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Shred all day man!!! But it's winter so I've been slowing down a lot I skate a lot of park and by the time I get off work I have like 5 minutes to skate until the park closes! It kinda sucks but me and my girl ( she skates too) and my homies are trying to get a house soon so we can put a nice mini ramp in the back yard! It's gonna be sick!!! I'm thing pool coping on that fucker too!

Shred!!!!!!!

9. I've been skating for 10 years. Although where I live, you can only skate 5 months out of the year at best. At the moment I'm riding a Krooked 8.25, Indy 149s, OJ wheels, and andale Swiss bearings.

10. I've been watching a bunch of vid parts and SLS lately. I can't skate at all, but I've always been into it.

Just a fan, yo. :smoke:

11. I broke my ankle making my first demo tape :(. Ever since then I havnt been able to use my trick board because of the vibrations from the road. We used to have a park in my town untill they turned it into tennis courts and basketball courts. I'm going to get a longboard this spring and get a set of extra wide trucks, some spacers and soft wheels to put on my old trick board.

12. #92 tkam, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
    I like to skate but I am just bad. I recently picked it back up after not skating for close to 9-ish years (not that I was ever good then) and I am having an extremely hard time progressing :cry:  I've definitely grown a bit since then haha.. from being probably in the lower 4 foot region to 6'2"-6'3" so it's pretty much completely relearning everything.

Does being taller make it harder to pick up skating easier? I know shorter people's balance is inherently better, so perhaps. I cannot really skate not because of the weather, but might try picking up a different kind of board once it gets warmer, might help.

I'm not athletically inclined, and I know I can do it if I practice enough. I just cannot break through the skateboarding dam XD At some point does it finally just "click"?

13. #93 OneSource, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
    Stick with it man it's a steep learning curve but it takes A LOT of persistent practice. The more time you spend on your board will allow you to feel more comfortably trying new things. Took me nearly an entire year to learn kick flips & i still haven't mastered the trick. Also being tall should only allow you more leg power to pop so i see that as an advantage. At the end of the day just make sure you're have fun.

Just read over ur post again & noticed you've been skating longer then me so u may know all this already.

14. #94 AS420, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2015
    I could only ever ollie. Tried so hard to learn kickflips lol. Couldn't ever get it down, bro. It wasn't meant to be. :laughing:

Fav skaters old and new?

Rowley
    Haslam
    Oliveira
    DWS
    O'neill
    Lutzka
    Wair
    Kremer

I remember watching Rowleys part in that Sorry vid wayyy back.

that 180 nosegrind down wilshire 15? Epic. :metal:

15. Been skating for 13 years and don´t plan on stopping. I´m involved with the city's skate skatepark construction scene and currently screenprinting our crew´s boards. The only thing better than skateboarding is skateboarding stoned [​IMG]

Roll forever.

16. #96 AS420, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015
    Anyone watch the Tampa Pro over the weekend?

17. Seen some highlights on youtube. Luan olivuera's never ending run was sick.

18. Luan put it down. He had a great flow to his runs. A week or so ago I had predicted that he'd win.

Best trick was pretty cool to. If I remember correctly, Decenzo won with a huge kickflip late shove.

19. #99 AbominableShredman420, May 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
    MAN SKATE SEASON IS HERES!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. what trick(s) are you working on ?