Any Skateboarders On Gc?

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by bazookatooth59, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Hella awesome thread. I'm living in the norcal woods so I havent been skating too much lately and ever since I lost my thrasher subscription I pretty much fell out of the happy haps of skateboarding. I did take a trip to fremont last weekend and found an awesome ditch. Fremonts also got a bad ass new park if anyones in the bay area definately make the trip

Attached Files:

2. #62 Akademicks, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
    I've always wanted to skateboard stoned, but i'm gonna save up for an electric one when the time comes.  :smoke:

3. #63 Head Chef, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
    I skate stonned everytime I skate :)

Just hard flipped and 7 set! Buzzing:

Chef.

Headchefs indoor and outdoor adventures! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-
    Wish we had massive gulleys like that in England bro!
    Most of our good looking skate spots have been skate proofed!

Chef.

Headchefs indoor and outdoor adventures! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-

4. #64 Akademicks, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  5. Google hard flip, it's a trick.
    Thought you woulda known that as a skater?

Chef.

I'm not one, i've attempted to skate about 3 times my whole life using a friend's skateboard.  :laughing:
    This is the video I watched and have seen this trick hundreds of times, but never knew the name for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RegzKzq3is

7. What up. We got our skatepark re done this summer funded by the tony hank foundation or somethin, it's fucking dope. Hopefully will have video update soon

8. I skate but I can't not skate high I always ways get hurt or something else happens to me.

9. #70 QuatroCT, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014
    I discovered the formula. You gotta skate and warm up then stop smoke a bit and then go shred. I can't skate high at all if I don't warm up a bit first

10. Cool bro

11. is anybody here a filmer or own a camera for skateboarding ?

12. Yeah Im a filmer, what's up?

13. Used to when i was younger, that shit was so much fun

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Nice man, what kinda set up did you have?

15. haha i had almost all of them at one point or another

Vx1000
    Vx2000
    Vx2100
    Dvx100a
    Hvx1000
    Hmc100
    Canon 7D

16. Aw man that's killer, did you have the huge xtreme fish eye for the Hvx1000?

I have a Vx2k at the moment with a baby death lens, gotta upgrade to that MK II

Gotta ask, which was your favorite?

17. Was just wondering. Im planning on getting a canon t3i i've always wanted to get a vx camera but recently changed my mind. How much did you get your vx2k for ? and im guessing you obviously prever vx im always interested to find out someone else's reason to why ? Most of my favorite videos are filmed in vx i feel it gives you a more raw look. Still leaning towards hd though i prefer the quality i guess

18. noooo i could never justify spending that much on a fisheye lense.

As far as favorite, thats hard to say, they're all versatile in their own way. Tape wise? DVX all day, the 24p looks amazing.

For solid state, i really loved my Canon 7D for the 1080p and the still photo capability, but the HMC100 was all around better fit for skatebpard filming because of the handle and weight.

T3i look's great, I used to mess around with the Rebel T2i a lot a couple years ago. DSLR 9 times out of 10 I would go with Canon especially because the lenses fit all Canon models if I'm not mistaken. For skating It's affordable, and if anything breaks you'll have a lot more luck finding parts or someone who can repair it than if you had say a VX1. Very user friendly and if you're looking to get technical you can always get Magic Latern.

I have some homies out in Michigan that constantly rip, one of them was parting with his VX to raise some money to move to CA, and it was a deal and a half! He sold me the VX2k, fish eye, batteries, camera bag, etc. For around 700-800$. I prefer VX because I know how to use it and it's just got that classic skate video look to it.

I have this real close friend who actually is moving up through the industry at the moment. He has the sickest set up. I think it's a HPX170, that thing is a beast. He worked his ass off and actually got the extreme fish eye. The footy always look's amazing.