Any Skateboarders On Gc?

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by bazookatooth59, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Awesome. I had always been a staunch supporter of the "longboarding is skateboarding" view on the matter. I'm accustomed to getting lots of hate from street/park dudes though.

2. I'm looking for some wheels that are super smooth and quiet and good for cruising.
    I want to put them on a normal deck, with some risers.
    70mm i think is the right size i wanna get... but what brand? What should i buy?

3. I used to skate alot till I got old enough to drive then I traded skating for drifting.

4. How do you guys feel about helmets ? Im super bummed out after hitting my head slipping out on a quarterpipe & smashing my head into the ground leaving with 20 stitches over my eyebrow right now. This happened two days i go and all i could think about is when im going to be able to skate again. I want to heal up for 2weeks at least but i think im going to be scared to skate tranny now. This sucks and has me contemplating wearing a helmet whenever i plan to skate tranny or rails. I know its better to be safe but shit its so embarassing i can't picture myself wearing a helmet to the skatepark. If i do wear a helmet i think im just going to go in the early morning or when the skatepark is dead.

5. Cruising, no helmet. Fuck that
    Tricks. Just wear the helmet dude... Would you rather the guy with helmet that took a gnarly as fall amd lived, or that guy that was avout to do that really cool trick and is now a vegetable?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Damm i feel like its a lose/lose situation for me helmets suck so much too me but i don't wanna deal with another injury involving my head. Depressing but i guess ill try it out

7. I live in Illinois too-the winters are depressing here because there aren't many indoor parks by me

Sent from my C5215 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. hail skatan

• Like Like x 2
  9. theotis is so fucking good

• Like Like x 1
  10. he is such a nice guy too.... i went and said "what up " to him after the demo he was so down to earth and real.
    i got a board signed by everybody there to....it was a great day

11. that's so rad i love hearing people are like that

12. Yep I'm decent.  Just hit a 13-stair handrail last week.  I only boardslided it though pretty scary.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'm set up at ptbo and the skate scene here is pretty good the park is pretty nice but the are so many skate spots its unreal but im getting into bmxing now, but I still skate only when toasty though

:smoke:

Blow it like you know it :eek:

14. I grew up on the East Coast skated out there (New York, Boston, all around New Jersey etc), picked up filming and have been doing both since. Moved to CA for a bit and just recently made the move to CO! Looking for some people to film for a video I've been filming for over 2 years if anyone's from Colorado and is down to blaze film skate and chill lemme know for sure buds, also look up true hometown homie making his way up the chain of command, Kevin Phelps, you won't be disappointed, if you're a Filmer/photographer give me a shout!

Set up: VX2000 with a baby opteka death lens fish eye

• Like Like x 2
  15. Damn  dude i watched ya homie's thrasher part  and that shit is crazy he made that ny courthouse spot his bitch lol. I've been in NY my whole life east coast is definitely a cool vibe when it comes to skating. Keep shredding.

16. He's constantly killing it, I have a ton of footy from around that time he was filming for that part. I've skated that court house and just Ollied into it, not going to lie scary ass spot and he fuckin did multiple NBDs on it nearly first try, that Nollie hard flip actually was first try! But hell yeah I'm hyped that he's getting out there and that you get to meet him one day, one of the nicest dudes around. Ay once I get my wifi at the house back up I'm going to post some clips and his part on this thread.

Ay do you know Frankie spears? Next time I'm back out east NY trips are goin down for sure, I can hit you up and we can go film and shred with the crew bruh! Always looking for people to film

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hell yea every time i go to les skatepark i pass that spot and it looks so much gnarlier in person. Yeah that dude shreds and nah i never heard of Frankie Spears. Honestly, I'm not that gnarly yet im still trying to get all the basics down. I'm still always down to shred anytime though so yea hit me up if anything i'm always skating.

• Like Like x 1
  18. #59 -Martyr, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
    Watched the documentary "All This Mayhem" about the story of Tas and Ben Pappas, two prodigy vert skaters from Australia who rose to prominence in the early 90's, often rivaling then-veteran and top skateboard professional, Tony Hawk. You learn of the two brother's humble beginnings, their rise to the number 1 and 2 positions (at one point Tas was number 1, and at one point Ben was number one), and their tragic depart from the world of professional skateboarding as a result of substance abuse.

The documentary was amazing. I've been a fan of skateboarding for quite some time, and it seems crazy that I had never heard of this story. Not only is there tons of amazing skating, but you get to really see what is behind the bullshit cheese at X-games and whatnot. I lost a lot of respect for Tony Hawk after I watched this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wDiszmA2o8

19. HELL YA SKATE ALL DAY MAN 

• Like Like x 1