Any Skateboarders On Gc?

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by bazookatooth59, Mar 7, 2014.

1. I don't skate, I used to but I took up freestyle BMX and I haven't turned back. The skate scene is pretty good here though, we have a few little skate parks around the city including a basic indoor skate park. Our main outdoor park is called Lions, during the summer season a lot of people go there. 

Check this skating montage that some of the local skaters put together, it is actually pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOCz-vFRe8E

2. i skate every day  possible. Ive got a 4'9" mini ramp in my yard. On nice days, i get in 1-3 hours of skating between my ramp and our local park.

3. Arkansas here and it's shity don't ever come here in town there ain't shit to skate and where I live the most concrete I got is a 8ft by 6ft porch XD *giving up on life

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I stopped skating when I was fourteen after I ollied a good two feet just to credit card myself so hard I puked.

5. try learning to do hardflips then try complaining about credit card/ nutting yourself from doing ollies...

Sent from my Potato using Grasscity Forum

6. Fakie frontside flips where the worst and nollie pressure flips too

7. Just a longboarder :)

8. Longboarding is the shit! Never got into it myself but all my friends long boarded when I lived in Texas

9. I actually just got back into skating about a week ago. I stopped for a long time even though I never got good. But at least I could still olie pretty decently after not skating for a few years. I'm glad I started up again though I'm enjoying it so much more than I used to. I need to blaze and then skate right after one day that would be too awesome.

10. Hell yea i try to skate almost everyday to stay consistent i barely know all the basic tricks yet but i feel like skating is a lifestyle. Its really fun to skate high too 

11. I live in Nebraska. There's this skatepark close to my house I always skate at, but it's all vert shit which I'm scared of haha. I mainly go there cause everyone is super chill.

There's another park I go to which is a bit farther away, but the atmosphere there isn't very good. I feel like everyone there is a dick heh.

12. What's good, still someone out there?

13. just for cruising and getting around town.

14. That's how i feel about this park i go to in downtown, NYC i usually try to phase everyone out when i go but sometimes can't help but feel intimidated since i'm not bussin out gnarly tricks like everybody else seems to be doing

15. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQFMK81CH4Q

dirty jerz in the house. went to a deathwish demo and my buddy made a vid check it out

16. Anyone watch the davis torgeson (i forgot how to spell it) part?!?!? Hes so fucking gnarly

17. yeah his part was sick he deserved turning pro for sure

18. Hey there, I'm a skater on GC. I won't catch flak for talking about longboarding in this thread, will I?

19. I've been trying to get back into skating. Used to skate alllllll the time back in the day. Sort of lost the passion maybe? Still love doing it though. Skating while high is one of the most freeing experiences for me I just feel like I can do anything basically. Just an awesome sense of freedom

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. Skatig while high to an extent(not stumbling & uncoordinated) is such a thrilling feeling. It also cool to relax after a hard sesh w/ a joint

I dont think it matters really im pretty sure there is already some longboarder posts here