High Chlorine levels in tap water

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Danerrr, Mar 7, 2014.

1. My parents buy bottled water o_O?

2. Los Angeles treats water with chloramine...I guess I don't have to worry about chlorine...joking of course.

By the way OP, what are you using to test the water?

3. A pool guy great, question.....So when we use aquarium tablets to get rid of chlorine, what other chemicals do we add to the mix.....?

4. #24 jason78, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2014
    this does not effect most people. no offense to anyone, but when they started adding flouride to tap, it was to cripple and weaken the lower uneducated people. people who drink tap water either live in a trailer park or are to dumb to know. sadly, some educated people may end up drinking this water from an early age by force from location without realizing and be held back throughout their life because of high metal toxicity in their body. Mostly poor people drink this tap and with all these chemicals fucking up their brains and bodies with mental disorders and debilitating conditions, that population will slowly die off. population control is a sick thing. it's a comandment to keep population in ratio with nature, so what better way then poison the people right infront of their faces. oh and cigarettes too. high as fuck hope this makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

nooope

6. If you're asking about for fish water unfortunately I'm not too sure on that. Sorry bro. Strangely enough we just moved locations and we used to be right next to an aquarium store. o_O

7. Bottled water isn't as bad. Still fluoride. If they did put chlorine in bottles of water it'd dissipate rather quickly. There's another chemical called. Cyanuric Acid which stabilizes (keeps chlorine from evaporating as quick) which if ingested enough is a carcinogen (which is why pools in Cali and Florida don't have it because of recent laws passed. But that's beside the point.) they don't put that in any tap or bottled water so the bottled water shouldn't have any chlorine levels in it, just some fluoride possibly depending on the brand.

8. I run my own truck for the company I work for so I've got a "pool professional" water testing kit. It's a Taylor complete high drop test kit if you're asking specifically. The kit all together will test Chlorine pH Alkalinity Calcium and CyA (cyanuric acid). And they're all fresh reagents as I go through them rather quick.

9. You don't get sulfur in it with that rotten egg smell? All my buddy's back in the day that had wells water was the same and it always smelled so bad.

10. I'm with most of what you said, except the trailer parks. Everyone has access to tap.

I wrote a longer response but my app crashed so fuck it

Read this my friend. Don't worry about the website, there's plenty of articles.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread959460/pg1

11. Yeah dude well water always has a shit ton of metals.

12. No I don't have any smell or taste in my well water, as I said in my previous post...

13. I have this debate with myself about tap water and its drinkability. not sure because i don't know how to test water.

14. Thanks good to know ^_^

15. You know what man,there are people out there in the world drinking water that is filled with mosquito eggs and fecal matter. im okay with a little extra cleaning chemical.

16. I'd be fine with it too if it wasn't damaging to your body. Yeah people are drinking that shit but they also live in 3rd world countries. We live in a country where we can buy zerowater filters (much better than britta it has five filtering agents rather than 3.

There's a reason you don't drink pool water. Not because of the alkalinity not the ph not the calcium. It's the chlorine bro.

17. It's actually pretty simple the names just make it sound complicated. If you're real interested run to your nearest pool store or walmart and go to the pool section and you'll find some drop test kits.

Fill the tube to the line, couple drops of this couple of that and you got your chlorine reading.

18. i also use a tap filter at home, but its not like id turn down tap water without one

19. #39 garrison68, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2014
    I live in Brooklyn, NYC, and although the water here is very good, I use a Brita because it seems to taste better with this filter, and the plumbing is very old in the building where I live.   I highly doubt that NYC water contains chlorine or anything else that is dangerous, so I won't be buying any water test kits.   

20. If your municipal source doesn't use chlorine then people would start getting pretty sick