California League of Cities and law enforcement propose new medical marijuana regulatory bill for CA

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by ogderp, Mar 7, 2014.

1. No that is current prop 215 guide lines.

Nope, those are the 2008 AG guidelines published in compliance with SB420. They are not related to Prop 215. Also they are not law in the state of California.

3. Yeah in regards to banning BHO and creating a new policy that doctors have to prescribe you with a certain strain and what method you consume it is going too far. Patients should still be allowed to use whatever strain they want, not just one or two strains assigned by their doctor and who are they to say that patients can no longer use BHO? This ordinance is just a backdoor method to repeal prop 215.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    all other things aside...dr's MUST record all reasons they write a prescription...you may not be aware of it, but it is noted in your medical records that can be AUDITED at any time by other medical doctors, or courts, to be sure nothing bad has happened or see what went on and why..they may never look but it is there for your safety...how do you think people can sure a dr or drug company, a paper trail exist, it is all recorded.

now, that's out of the way, get back to the shitty prohibitionist anti mmj bill this thread is about....

• Like Like x 1
  5. Damn this whole thing seems pretty ridiculous. Although, I can't say I didn't see this coming. I study Health Science and every other aspects of the health industry besides medical marijuana is heavily regulated and observed. MMJ doctors have been practically unregulated since the start. That's why there was a lot of instances where assistants wrote scripts to patients instead of doctors, etc. From a health care standpoint, the California MMJ industry does need a major overhaul towards patient safety. I mean seriously, any strains tested at dispensaries are always for THC content and never for mold, pesticides, carcinogens (from nutrients), or bugs. To most doctors, that does look like a total joke. Something does need to change but i'm pretty sure this bill is not the right direction.
    OGderp, BHO is not that safe if not properly made. I've known dispensaries to use PVC pipes as extraction tubes and leave large amount of butane gas trapped in the oil. I got a bit of bronchitis once because of that reason. If they sell that to people with compromised immune systems it can seriously harm them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Guvmnet still trying to control .... Why do we let them ... There are more of use they should listen to us

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Yo seriously, wtf is up with these ignorant stubborn groups wasting good money on opposing marijuana? Cigarettes and Alcohol are perfectly legal, yet a plant whose positives far outweigh the negatives is getting a lot of shit from these corporations, groups and senators. What does marijuana do that alcohol and cigarettes don't? Heck, both cigarettes and alcohol are far worse than marijuana. All the brain washing from the government, pharmaceutical companies, and alcohol/cigarette campaigning really got to these people.

I'm only complaining because migraines ain't something physicians will give recommendations for, nor depression, anxiety or any illnesses of similar magnitude. This is real fucked, and it'll drive me back to shady dealers and getting ripped off.

8. I do to get why every blade on here has a shitty dealer that rips them
    Off. Don't go to them anymore.

9. Thanks for this.
    From the article, it seemed as if there were extra precautions.

The auditing of doctors who prescribe it to more than 100 patients is a bit extreme, IMO.

10. I agree, if not made properly BHO isn't safe. I don't think they should ban it altogether though, they should try to find a way to regulate and oversee production so it isn't made using unsafe extraction methods like the one you listed above. I've never dabbed, but I still think it should be available to patients as long as it is made safely.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. #32 ocsurfer, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
    SB 1262 passed a Senate committee today. It will be heard in another Senate committee tomorrow.

When I read that ASA had removed their objections I was perplexed, however I found out that the bill has had major amendments that eliminate most of the really bad stuff relating to physician recommendations.

The amended version can be found here:   http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201320140SB1262

Look for the red-lined sections to see what was removed ( :)), and the blue sections to see what was added.

This one looks hopeful!

12. Good on you ocsurfer for keeping us up to date on this matter.

I don't know if you guys been noticing, but we got a gaggle of knuckleheads spreading lies and misinformation in our city. Outright prohibitionist trolls.

13. Assemblyman Ammiano's AB 1894 also passed a committee meeting yesterday. This is the reintroduced version of the old AB 604.

The biggest difference between the two is SB1262 would make the Department of Health responsible for regulation and AB1894 would leave regulation in the hands of the the Alcoholic Beverage Control.

Keep your eyes peeled...this has to be the session that something gets passed!

Keep in mind that the lack of state regulations is part of the "undercurrent" of reasoning behind the recent state Supreme Court decisions that were unfavorable to medical cannabis supporters.

14. Such garbage. It's cool though, opens up a new source of income for many people, illegal drug dealing

15. I was in cali for christmas and i live out of state. Went to venice beach and got a license. They even had signs saying get s card..out of state any adress i thought that was awesome. I under stand the medical but we dont need doctors for it...i want it legal hell yeah even if it has to be with no shops and grow it on your own time. Thats awesome to...so to me its like them making this "medical" its just me saying thanks still for helping me get hash and oils and a bunch of different kinds of herb a hell of alot easier. You can make stupid strict rules but thanks for ending dry spells. Win win

Sent from my EVO using Grasscity Forum mobile app

It still bans BHO, it still has unneccesary provisions against doctors and patients.

Nobody should support this bill, and give any amount of credit to the cops and cities trying to write the laws, that are essentially a backdoor to try to kill the Prop 215 system and get rid of BHO.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Don't worry. You don't have to convince the people of ca not to suppose this crap. Seems to be all the out of staters love it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. #39 ocsurfer, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2014

" Under no circumstances shall a physician and surgeon recommend butane hash oil."

This does not ban BHO in California. It only says that physicians cannot recommend BHO.

Perhaps they exist, but I've never seen a physician's recommendation that specifies the form of cannabis that the patient should use. Even if there are doctors who specify BHO on their written recommendations, this provision would only disallow that practice, not the actual use of BHO in California.

BTW - the manufacture of concentrated cannabis using a solvent is illegal in California already, and CA MMJ laws offer no protection for this activity.

Regarding the restrictions on physicians, the only remaining objection that I have come across is to this section:

"A recommendation for medical marijuana provided to a person under 21 years of age shall be approved by a board certified pediatrician. A recommendation for a person under 21 years of age shall be for high CBD marijuana and all recommendations for persons under 21 years of age shall be for nonsmoking delivery."

Specifically CalNORML objects to this language because it would force 18-20 year old patients to get their recommendations for a pediatrician. There may be others, but that is the only one I am familiar with.
    \nPlease keep in mind that the legislative process includes the ability to amend laws before they are voted on by the legislators. Supporting one or more of these bills can often be contingent on amendments that are forthcoming.
    \nThis is the best chance that CA has had to regulate the MMJ industry. This is the first time that the LEO interests (which have a very powerful lobby) have come to the table without opposing every provision of every bill.
    \nIn the end we hope that these bills are amended to everyone's satisfaction, and that one of them is passed into law.
    \nAnd again, the CA Supreme Court has sided with cities and counties trying to ban dispensaries and cultivation. One of the reasons they have decided in this manner is because CA lacks regulatory oversight of its medical cannabis industry.
    \nThe lack of regulatory oversight of the CA medical cannabis industry is a DIRECT threat to the industry itself.

Don't worry, you don't have to convince other closet prohibitionists not to support these bills. Seems like all the closet prohibitionists already oppose them.