Epilepsy

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Annicus, Mar 6, 2014.

1. So last year in December I had two grand mal seizures and was in the hospital in ICU for two days. I got diagnosed with epilepsy. So I was wondering if any other blades have epilepsy? Perhaps we can relate to each other, send advice, kind words of encouragement or whatever.

Anywho it's been a struggle for me: not being able to be alone, drink alcohol, have sex, drink caffeine, exercise hard, take baths, drive etc....

At least I got my medical card....

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yup hard to believe it was 8years ago i was diagnosed..... they told me that day i had more back to back partial seizures on the eeg than the neurologist had ever seen or heard of in 20yrs as neurologist.....
    All their meds made me worse....more seizures more often more intense..... in 09 i had my right temporal lobe removed....
    Now i still have seizures..... just not as often or as intense...
    I got a thread round here about getting diagnosed and eventually having brain surgery.... will post a link when not posting from my phone......
    I got a bunch of epilepsy related shit posted round the board

Yeah i kept working for a long time (long as i could) as a roofer....and then building scaffolding at the shipyard 200ft in the air all the time....

Dude i got tons of shit i could tell you.... research i could share....

Can tell you this....if you haven't figured it already....
    The doctor's don't really know much.....
    Most often all they can do is tell you "what" their tests say.... and rarely tell you why....

Unless you have some obvious brain damage.... they really don't know why most of us even have seizures...

3. Thanks dude. I read all through everything...

Right now, I guess I'm just being selfish because I can't see any good in this right now. I'm so angry, fuck you to who hurt me all those years back, fuck you oregon state police, fuck you brookings Oregon, fuck you homophobes, I fucking hate you for what you did to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Sorry you're going through this, Anni. I watched my brother go through seizures when we were kids. Its the scariest fucking thing i've ever witnessed. I hope you can find peace somehow. 

5. #6 dirtydingusus, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sorry to hear about that man. I really hope you get through it. I have no idea what its like to have epilepsy or even have a seizure, but its some scary shit for sure. Good luck with everything man.

7. believe me i hear you.... i see you only just got diagnosed.."last December" as in couple months ago or one before?
    I know at first for me was the worst... i had simple and complex partial seizures all my life without knowing what it was till blacked out and crashed truck.... never had generalized/grand mal/tonic clonic seizures before taking their meds to stop that shit....
    Hope you find how to live with it... and find some peace.... i know it took me some time...and there are still days....
    Postictal today and feeling like shit.....

• Like Like x 1
  8. I get little seizures everyday. I get abscense ones more often than I'd like to say.

9. If ya ever wanna chat, hit me up. My oldest son "17yrs old" has been epileptic sinve he was 8 yrs old. He has the mind of a 4 or 5yrs old. He has many each day and is taking 21 pills daily. Its a struggle for us all, incl him. Luckily he doesn't remember most of the times we saved him from danger or from falls ect.

Smoke some weed, Heavy cbd if possible. Get some Charlotte's web weed and do your best to be yourself and just be mindful of your surroundings. It will help.

Sent from my screen to yours!

10. I'd love to chat. After this last accident of mine it seems a lot worse. I forget everything now, I can be in the middle of something and I just stop doing whatever it is I'm doing. I can be in the middle of talking and just stop, lose my thought and kind of space out. Now of course people don't get it and get all butt hurt and accuse me if ignoring them but I'm not I'm having little seizures. It makes me feel like I'm a pile of crap. I know it's annoying but I've been through so much this last 8 months or so I just want to cry but I'd probably have a seizure, bite off my tongue and die. I did once almost bite my tongue off I has to get 3 stitches in it. It bleeds a lot btw and hurts, not only then but days after because you can't really eat nor drink or even brush your teeth.

I'll pm you my number so we can chat.

11. never knew this, Anni.
    keep on keeping on, girl!
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. I actually have a friend / old schoolmate who recently had open-brain surgery for her epilepsy. I had gone to school with her from elementary up through the end of high school then worked with her at an animal clinic for a bit of time a few years later and never knew she was dealing with seizures. she always smoked and used herb, and continues to now as she recovers from surgery. I wonder if I could get her on these forums...

• Like Like x 1
  13. I hope it's the worst, it's part of life has most people can't stand it I understand it's scary to witness but try having them it doesn't feel any better knowing you're the reason for others scared feeling.

14. Im sorry to be reading and hearing about this, wish there was something I could do. I can't relate but if any of you want to chat, I am here! Bless you all!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Sorry your going through this Anni :( *Hugs*

I'm pretty sure I have epilepsy...because I think my seizures came from a head injury I had when I was younger? IDK tho I could have it.

I just had one on Monday night I guess next time I go see my doc I should tell him everything.

~Toni~

16. What happened to you? Head injuries I've had a few plus I got beat when I was younger, I hurt myself by never stopping or asking for a break and acting like a child. I regret it now because it has caused me to develop all these problems. I pretend I'm fine when I am actually dying.

17. You are strong Anni I have much respect for you tho. What happen was I was injured badly back in Jamaica when these 4 other girls jump me and that's when I had my first seizure.

~Toni~

18. Yeah 4 against one that's fair. I'm sorry I would of killed those bitches.

• Friendly Friendly x 1

19. IKR I wish you would have been there 2 back me up lbvs!

~Toni~