what is the worst physical pain a person can feel?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by sofakingstoned, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Kidney stones. If you've ever had one, you know what I mean.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Worst pain I ever had was an abcessed tooth.

My Grandmother put her arm on a hot oven door
    one time though, and that sounds ten times as bad.
    She was up pacing and just holding her arm for
    three nights, no sleep.

3. #43 MooseyPoo, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
    TIL; fearjar is a total badass. Stay strong, Mr O'Reilly!

• Like Like x 1
  4. #44 King Willie, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2014
    Opiate withdrawl is one of the most horrible, painful things I've ever gone through. A lot of people would agree.

Edit: Oh nevermind, I missed the point of the thread, just read the title not the first post lol.

I have them. Got diagnosed in 05 or 06, but have had them more or less since I was 19 or so. They just grew in intensity up until I was about 28 or 29.
     I woke up one night from a dead sleep, fucking hurt so bad, and the pressure was so bad that I got the crazy idea that pulling a wisdom tooth would help. So I wrapped a few strands of Berkley braided fishing line around my top right wisdom tooth, and fractured my jaw extracting it. I got the fucker though. But it didn't help with the headache. And I've done a few other crazy remedies that had no effect. They gave me this anti-seizure medication called Topomax....fucking shit gave me kidney stones. But weed helps. A good Indica, 3-10 times a day keeps them tolerable, and keeps me functional.
     BUT, my years of working with the public are over. I'd punch and old lady unconscious if she gave me shit and I was in the throes of one, weed or no weed. And needless to say, a career in any kind of Law Enforcement would not be in any body's best interest..lol. But I deal with chaos calmly...You get used to not panicking with those fuckers. Yeah buddy....I pity other people with them. They call them the suicide headache. And The few people I've met that have them too...It's like meeting future ghosts. Sad as hell. You can always tell the ones that are going to do it. They just quit coping. My secret? I just give in to the pain and let it wash over me like a wave crashing over a rock. Like white heat...Edgar Allen Poe said "Sleep, those little slices of death. How I loathe them." That's what they are. It's like dying three or four or five times a day. Hell, I wish I could get a nights sleep. That is so rare nowadays, I can't remember the last time I slept for more than two hours at a stretch without passing out drunk.
     But enough about misery....

• Like Like x 2
     I do bro. I felt bad for that guy in the video....It don't do it justice. It literally makes you wish you would just die. Painful just watching someone else go through it.
     But it's part of where my sense of humor comes from....and what makes me such a prick..lol

7. A propper nut shot will cause stomach cramps among other things

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Breaking a bone has always been a big fear of mine. Never broken one but it seems so fuckin painful, ankles and wrists in particular freaks me out haha.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I accidentally poured a cup of boiling water over myself when I was 5, I bet that hurt a lot. Can't remember the pain but can remember it happening and my mum putting me in the bath and spraying me with the cold shower - that was the worst part. Then I went to hospital.

I get ear infections quite regularly and they are horrible. I can't sleep or eat and nothing helps the pain. Since I started wearing ear plugs in the shower I haven't had one -fingers crossed-

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. #50 loopster, Mar 7, 2014
    Delete please :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. #51 loopster, Mar 7, 2014
    Delete please :)

12. #52 loopster, Mar 7, 2014
    Delete please :) post timed out

13. #53 loopster, Mar 7, 2014
    Messed up blades

14. As a child I got them way to often

pain is subjective the less pain you experience the less your pain level will be the more pain higher pain level

This can be proven if you punch a wall a few times over the course of lets say a year your knuckles will clearly be more susceptible to pain

A better example is if you guys have ever gotten shots/tattoos some areas hurt more than others

I've broken bones and teeth, and have severely lacerated my body(Ahaha just many many many stitches)
    Severe burns on my stomach

Um worst pain tho?

When i had the headaches I would have to say to my memory that is one of the few things that actually took me down to the point I was screaming in pain

Nowadays; I honestly don't know, lot of shit can hurt but the duration is really what would make it worst for me personally

• Like Like x 1
  15. I've experienced a lot of surgical pain and kidney pain, but the worst longest lasting pain I've ever endured was when I broke my collar bone...

16. #56 0ri0n, Mar 7, 2014
    Found out first hand, they call them "suicide headaches" for a reason.
    And I had twisted testicles once. I don't remember a thing but apparenly I screamed more on the way to the hospital than my sister did while in labor.

• Like Like x 1
  17. #57 gloppypop, Mar 7, 2014
    Great point loopster, pain IS subjective (at least on a certain level) and it has a lot to do with a person's brain (neuropathic signals).

I hear certain migraines are absolutely excruciating, as well as a lot of broken bones.

Although I completely broke (in half - not a fracture) both bones in my left wrist when I was 13 during a skating accident - as well as shattered that large (visible, round thing on the outside of your wrist) growth-plate in my wrist.

It hurt. Bad. But I think my brain's adrenaline rush/reaction and certain psychological factors led to it being less painful in the minutes and even hours after it happened. Kind of a 'shock' or 'stress effect'.

The brain is a powerful beast I guess, cause my wrist was literally in the shape of an "S" and it hurt a lot less than I would have expected. Although still an intense, pervasive, "dulling" sort of pain.

I think my brain's reaction helped a lot though, to make it more managable and less painful. I had to wait a few hours before seeing hospital attention too - my mom had to make the hour and a half long plus drive to the skatepark, and back to the hospital.

I'm sure it would be pretty painful to have a limb sawed off, or to be slowly sawed in half. lol :confused_2:

18. @[member="fearjar"]
    Christ man. I've only had three in my life thus far. I can't imagine... I'd be dead within a week if I had to put up with that, no doubt.

• Like Like x 1
  19. My friend has told me that he has concidered killing himself because of them, sad shit.

20. #60 Guest, Mar 7, 2014
    Any type of Spinal Pain and Cluster/Tension Headaches.  :poke:

…Nothing compared to breaking bones, and I've done that too.