what is the worst physical pain a person can feel?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by sofakingstoned, Mar 6, 2014.

1. #21 Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  2. My uncle used to get bad kidney stones. One time he passed out from the pain and fell thru the bathroom door hahaha

• Like Like x 3
  3. Worst pain I've ever experienced was breaking my hand.  That's nothing, though.  I'd imagine the worst pain one can endure occurs when listening to Tegan and Sara.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I imagine being shot in the kneecaps must hurt pretty bad. Being kicked in the balls is no joyride either. Maybe receiving an epidural into your spine?

I had a bad root canal one time.  I fucked up a bunch of my teeth in a trampoline-related accident and had to get two or three of them done.  I went in to get the first one, and the anesthetic didn't work whatsoever.  I could feel everything going on in my mouth.  Anyway, when I told the asshole dentist that it wasn't working, he essentially told me to stop being a pussy.  He did it without trying to re-numb me, and you could hear me screaming out on the street.  As if the anesthetic not working wasn't bad enough, he COMPLETELY fucked the procedure up.  Made a total mess.

However, that is extremely unlikely to happen.   Dentistry is so good these days that there really is no excuse for feeling any pain during a root canal.   I had to get a bunch of them done afterward (since I put off going to the dentist for so long after that,) and didn't have a bit of discomfort.

6. I'd say being burned. Anything that is long and sustained. 

I rarely feel 10 pain outside the hospital but the pain I feel just get pretty fucking bad.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cluster heaches, kidney stones, extreme heat

• Like Like x 1
  8. I would say any kind of headache is right up there witht he worst kind of pain. You cant even relax with a headache. I much rather the pain I have be where it is now than in my head. Id probably kill myself if it was i my head.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #30 MooseyPoo, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
    Have you specifically heard of cluster headaches? They sound horrendous, patients describe it as feeling like a hot poker it being thrust through their head/back of their eye and can go on for man hours at a time.

Here's a video of a guy having one.. Pretty hard to watch, and horrible to think about having to deal with :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNouKvGCqIM

I would kill myself if I had to deal with this.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I would say breaking your leg all the way through
    Man I can't even imagine I've had some pretty bad headaches.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I broke my leg last year. I looked down after I got in my wreck and my leg was at a 90* angle half way down my shin.

Didn't really hurt at all. Until I got to the ER and they set it back how it was supposed to be. I'd say that was a 9 or a 10. But that's only because thats the worst pain I've ever felt.

I feel like the pain scale depends on two things. Pain tolerance and how bad you want pain Meds.

But fuck pain meds. The only pain medicine I used was ganja 😤

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Honestly if people describe it as a hot poker in their eye I would say I suffer from them too. Sometimes I will wake up at night with the most terrible eye pain. I dont even know what the fuck it is. The pain itself is not as bad as my other pain but the area itself makes the pain itself worse. Know what I'm sayin? Could not deal with any kind of head or neck region pain.

i bet you gave the kids in the waiting room a true phobia of the dentist haha

• Like Like x 1
  14. gout hurts

• Like Like x 1
  15. the head aches from having meningitis imo is the worst pain ever i have a really high pain threshold but the 3 times i contracted meningitis i wanted to be dead the pain was so bad

sent from the middle o nowhere

• Like Like x 1
  16. Google Cluster Migraines/Headaches and get back to me. I say it is the worst pain imaginable. I get on average 5-10 a day, for 15 minutes to three hours in duration. And they even wake you from deep sleep. So if I ever come off as pissy and mean, I probably didn't get any sleep for a week or more.

This is from wiki:

Pain
    The pain occurs on one side only (unilateral), around the eye (orbital), particularly above the eye (supraorbital), in the temple (temporal), in any combination. The pain of CH is remarkably greater than in other headache conditions, including severe migraine. The term "headache" does not adequately convey the severity of the condition; the disease may be the most painful condition known to medical science.<sup>[10]</sup> The pain is described as stabbing, burning or squeezing and may be located near or behind the eye and at the back of the head or neck.<sup>[11]</sup>

Yeah, they are that bad. Hence the nickname "The Suicide Headache"... So when fearjar checks out, you know why I decided to go Hunter Thompson style. I have been prescribed the strongest painkillers available, and they put me to sleep....and then I wake right back up in pain. Once when I was having sinus surgery, I kept waking up on the table from under anesthesia until it subsided. And for all the medication they have tried on me, and all the side effects....Guess what Blades and Bladies? Cannabis Indica is the only drug I have found that makes the pain manageable and tolerable. And gives me a reason, and the ability to keep on going from day to day. There are other "natural" things that people claim work. But I have also lived with numerous head injuries, traumatic brain injuries, concussion and the knowledge that one day I am going to check myself out...and that gives you a bad case of the PTSD or so my Neurologist and doctors say.....so I ain't the guy you want trying some of those other "natural" remedies. Hell, one of the meds they put me on caused me to get kidney stones....they hurt, but like most things, are only annoying to me.
    Broken bones? Not as bad...tibial fracture, torn ACL/LCL/MCL..broken Metatarsal torn Achilles numerous skull fractures, broken fingers, torn ligaments...etc. And not all at the same time.
     Child birth? Kidney stones without the child to support.

One time, I was taking an air conditioner out of a window, and the woman on the inside thought it was falling so she leaned on it, it pinched a nerve in my right hand on the ring finger....HOLY SHIT...that was a pain like I have never felt...I thought I was going to pass out. I have no idea what it was..That was a very close second.

So, what do I win?

• Like Like x 2
  17. I would say it's just like asking how high are you, and there is not real set levels... Especially wen ppl can tolerate certain things more or less then others, it could just be a state of mind?

Sent from my LT15a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. I'd have to say the worst I've personally experienced is cluster headaches/migranes. I used to get them daily, but it has since decreased dramatically. However, I still get them an hour or 2 before a storm rolls in due to pressure change, kind of like a sixth sense lol. A close second is dislocating a knee... Awful

Sent from the leaner dome, my crib on the moon.

19. I heard giving birth was compared to like breaking 80 collar bones