Couple questions for switch

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by SuperSizedNugz, Mar 5, 2014.

1. I noticed the plant has been getting droopy with an upcurl of leaves. Now the stem is purple. From reading, i think its overdue for a feeding, but i had to let my soil (ffof 1gal) dry out first. I just got a brick of coco and expanded it in a 5gal bucket (makes 2.5 gal).. also have perlite to mix. Today is the day i planned on introducing nectar of the gods nutes. So heres my question. Should i feed em in the 1gal pot and transplant to coco/perlite later, or should i do it now and begin feeding? I really like the results of coco, so i wanted to make the switch. This round, i was going to keep the 1gal rootmass intact and transplant directly into coco, then next round, no dirt all coco mix. Do you guys think thats a good idea? I have 3 gallon and 5 gallon buckets, planning for a 2x3 scrog under 600w in a 2x3 tent, what do you reccomend? I could also go hempy method with the 5gal but idk if that will work with the soil in the roots now. I just want to see faster growth than dirt! I just got my ph meter, and all those goodies, so now that i have the equipment to do things right, i want to know how i should go about it. Any opinions, comments, good or bad.

Attached Files:

2. transplanted the 1gal soil rootmass into 3gal bucket of coco/perlite. gave it a small feeding, and now we wait.

3. I think its either a P def/lockout, or overwatering. P lockout would be causing the purp stems/leave tips. Good luck

4. Its definatly not overwatering. It looks like its really picking up life now that i transplanted to coco/fed it so i think your correct with P def. Thanks for your input man. :bongin:

5. I had a little freak plant in a small seedling type pot that would be about the size of a party cup in 100% coco. I recently transplanted it into a 13 litre pot with 50/50 coco/perlite. It took off pretty quickly after that. I can't say I'd expext going from soil would be much different. Once the roots hit the coco/perlite mix it'll take off.

6. #6 SuperSizedNugz, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014
    Its definatly looking alot better than it did, and it does seem to be moving a little faster now. I do have 2 questions though.

1. What should my ph be? I know coco is usually mid to upper 5's, where as dirt is in the 6's. What should i ph for 1gal soil/perlight, in a 3 gal bucket with the rest coco/perlite?

2. Alot of people say to water daily with coco as its a form of hydro, but again, i got a gallon of soil in the rootmass, so should i still let it dry out?

i was thinking of saying eff' the scrog and just flowering it now. this is a clone from my first bagseed grow. I got quality genetics now, so i kind of just want rid of these haha. i also have a little mini one i was mainlining. Its super small, but the growth comming out of it is making it really bushy. I had to pick some leaves off just to let a little air inside. I just wanted to get familiar with different practices (mainlining and training for scrog). i think its time to move to good genetics :D

Attached Files: