i signed up for a spartan race

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by fruitality, Mar 5, 2014.

1. #1 fruitality, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014
  2. Are the losers slaughtered? are you expected to murder servants to prove you are worthy?

Not very spartan without those :poke::p:

3. #3 fruitality, Mar 5, 2014

im not sure, i heard they change the obstacles every year

i think i'd be pretty fast at murdering servants so i probably wouldnt lose 

4. How are you at rape? Rape was how they picked partners back then, and you were also expected to have sex with your battle brethren, to build connection.

God of War only did the cool stuff, not the man sex :p they did civer throwing babies off the cliff if they werent strong enough though.

On the real though, if its truly worthy of the Word Spartan, Im way too out of shape for it :p hell even if it isnt I prolly still am :laughing:

that's a really bad reason to not do something

you dont want to exercise because you are out of shape, but you can't get in shape without exercising. catch 22.

6. You have to be in shape to perfom in something like this though.

Im trying to get in shape, its just hard after 20years of being out of shape ya know

Shit....Rape is the only thing I could pull off. A five mile run? I'd wait at the finish line and do my raping there....lol

Damn dude. I'm two hours south of you. I live near the beaches in Delaware..But I can't/don't run. I could definitely get into some spear chucking though....lol

8. #8 fruitality, Mar 5, 2014

i mean you should use stuff like this as a reason to motivate yourself.

additionally, it's only competitive if you make it competitive. i think you get a medal just for participating

yea i saw your post in some other thread. delaware beaches are pretty chill, my ex gf has a house in dewey im a little bit familiar with your area

Yeah, it ain't to bad. Just too many hicks and the people that ain't think their shit don't stink. I can't wait to get out of here. lol. Fucking cops here are a joke too.

11. haha wow it seems like you hate that place a lot why dont you just move away?

Been here my whole life man. Got a house to get ready for sale. My wife has an accounting practice she is working on selling....Just like a home. When you live in a place for too long, you accumulate too much shit. lol. I actually used to love it here. It was great, but we are small, so when the economy took a shit we felt it first, and then the politics changed and .... well, circling the drain is the best way to describe it. When the state needs money, the people will pay. And that is Delaware in a nutshell. The people are just too polarized to be rational. So yeah, working on moving to CO. Hopefully before this year is out. But definitely before the next Presidential election. I want to be closer to the mountains when that goes down. Just in case.....LOL

13. I was really hoping I could do a couple with my bro last winter but I never got too.

It looks really fun but my bro pussied out because he heard it's really tough and he is really out of shape.  I mean shit you do have to run/jog 8 miles(ours was 8). 

You can walk some and take your time but my bro said he didn't want to bother trying if he wasn't going to run it all.  Sucks being too busy with work.

I feel like it won't be fun if I go by my self

14. Sounds pretty awesome, man. Closest one to me is over two hundred miles away though, so it's probably one I'll skip. I got to do the 'hero rush' race a couple years ago with a few guys from my work, five miles and various obstacles, ladder climbs and all that, was tons of fun :D the spear chucking sounds pretty bad ass!

I'd like to do the Tough Mudder someday, but I've still got a lot of work to do before I could hang in that.

15. Came here for Halo.

Damn.

16. I am feeling better.... :hello:
    What about spartan.......?

You know what though man my buddy did Tough Mudder last year and he is pretty outta shape. You don't necessarily need to be like pro athlete level fitness to hang in these kinds of races. It's more about willpower than much else lol.