I do not fear death?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Grandsouls, Mar 5, 2014.

1. I don't fear death at all. It will happen when ever it does. I hope to be high when I die though.

With a brain that's disintegrated back into a zillion scattered molecules, I doubt there will be any "consciousness" going on. More like what was going on with our "me" before we were conceived - i.e. non-existence.. 

3. Yeah, I welcome death. The moment I need someone to wipe my ass and help me get up out of bed is the moment I'd want to move on.

I imagine it'd be just like sleeping, except without dreams.

4. #24 4r5t6y7, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
    You never know man.  Anything's possible really... Whats with all these dying patients going through surgery, saying that have an out of body experience and can see them selves from above? They wake up afterwards knowing where the doctors put their phones, glasses, etc, even though they were unconscious.     DMT trips, astral projections, near death experiences, haunted places with obvious signs of ghost activity, personal ghost experiences ( my dead grandmother has visited us a few times for sure. ).  What if when we are raised a soul grows in us?  When we are born we haven't been nurtured yet.  We have no personality or memories. 

I've yet to personally encounter any experience (well, with one possible exception) that wasn't also a function of brain functionality. But you're right, I (we) never know, and anything that is possible is, well... possible. I've also never encountered a functional description of "soul" (e.g. mind, will, and emotions, etc.) that wasn't also later determined to be some functional aspect of the biological brain - including what we normally mean by "mind", "will", and "emotions". But we are all free to speculate - plus, like in hinted at earlier, I actually do know of one (and only one) possible exception to the brain-as-root-of-all experience hypothesis. But that's a personal, experiential matter that would almost certainly be irrelevant to anyone else in their quest for truth, even if it were agreed by all to be a true account. And in spite of that exception, I still have to stick to what I normally observe: namely, our experiences are the result of electro-chemical processes occurring in our CNS. 

6. "most people" haven't really told me that they aren't afraid of death. Some people may just be genuinely not afraid of death. You can't blame them, it's something that is inevitable. I guess those people can just comprehend the inevitable.

7. I don't fear death. I know I'm going to die anyways so live for the moment

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Hundred dollars says these people who say they aren't afraid of death would shit their pants and literally run for their lives if they were being chased by a tiger or something.

Im not afraid of the concept of death either after many doses of a certain chemical but I guarentee when its a life or death situation, 9 outta 10 r gonna pick life

9. Death is the scariest thing that I can think of. I start thinking about it and I get extremely nervous and scared. Not sure why, just something I can't grap the concept of..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Just live the moment and when its time to go, its time to go.

11. Dont hate but have you ever tried fitting in with God's world? He has already accepted us into a relationship with Him, but its up to us to decide whether or not we want that. (I decided i did and it was the best decision i ever made). It doesnt mean u hav to quit smokin pot and crap, but God loves everyone no matter what.

12. Fear is not real. Fear is a product of imagination.

13. it is human instinct to live as long as possible if you're in a situation like that. Not being afraid to die is different from not being afraid of the way you die. I'm not afraid the die of natural, biological causes but I am afraid of being murdered, sorry if this sounded serious it's just the way I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. #35 4r5t6y7, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    As said above the way you die is separate from death itself. I would rather die without suffering.

Also a life or death situation, yes we would pick life. just because we do not fear death does not mean we do not wish to live.

If I know the moment is coming and will be quick and painless I will certainly embrace it. I am curious as to what happens after you die.

People who've died and came back
    report experiencing out of body sensations along with bright lights and a sense of an entity. This intrigues me, as I am an Agnostic

15. I think op is talking about the idea of death or being dead than the actual act of being killed or dying specifically..

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Once you welcome death all else will cease .

17. I been shot at before. When you can actually feel the heat of it passing by you so close, you sort of are'nt afraid of shit anymore.

18. I think a fear of death is different than "I don't want to die," in the end I know that I will, we all will.  I think humans are the misfits of species on Planet Earth because of the way we think, each of us are struggling to find our way and in so doing prove our humanity and ultimate kinship to one another.  Maybe it'll always be this way for us but at least we all have each other.

19.  the way you die is separate from death itself