Old school strains???

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by N.H.countryfarmer, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Been wanting to grow some old school strains my pop's an his brother used to bost about
    Panama red
    Maui waui
    Alcopoco gold
    Are these still around,if so where can i find them or PM me if you have some beans.

Thanks for your time

Old man of the mountian

2. They are still around but have to look i kno a old man who grows Panama red from heirloom seeds and the stuff is amazing

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I have been wondering what happened to the old school genetics! I have seen seed companies offering them but I am skeptical about the purity of the genetics from these companies. the problem is that the genetics from those strains have been mutated and crossbred into most of the strains we see today and it is difficult to trace the original genetics even in the places they originated. 

4. #4 nomad881, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
    I've got a bag full of Maui wowie seeds,only problem is they're So old now that only 1 in 30 pops. AMAZING AS FUCK smoke.
    Got the bag from my friends grandfather who grew back in the day.
    knives heated dull red
    release sweet smoky nectar
    I am lifted high

5. For all that's holy man! Do a seed crop before its too late!

Twas Ever Thus!

6. Acapulco Gold is considered extinct.

From that list, the only one Ive seen still offered is Maui Waui, no telling of its legit Maui though.

7. I'm thinking I might try and pop a couple tonight, I've got open slots that need filling. I'm also starting starting my own breeds right now So the timing is r right

knives heated dull red
    I am lifted high

8. Here's the Maui seeds outta the freezer

knives heated dull red
    I am lifted high

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Very cool, good luck with the maui beans!

I to tend to belive the strains with the old school strains names are just that strains made today to mimic the old school favorites. Sad but true.

Thank you all for your time an input

Old man of the mountian

10. check out Ace seeds, they have legit old time indicas and sativas, panama red, purple haze, high mountain colombians, Tia, african sativas, also real seed company's Himalayan strains are real nice.  many are landrace but some are worked also.

hell yeah man..

run them all.. open pollinate that shit! :hello: