UK Weed Prices

Discussion in 'General' started by Entash, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Hi there.
    I live in London and the stuff i get off my dealer is usually pretty good, I haven't really got any complaints about the quality of the stuff he sells. However, i'm a bit confused on the prices of things. I haven't been 'buying' for a long time, so I guess this is relatively new to me still, although in general I do trust him as I know the guy and he is a friend.

So basically, my guy sells an eighth for 20 quid, and 2 eighths for 40 quid, which is the equivalent of a quart. However, the first time I asked to buy a quart off him, he said you "you mean 2 eighths? or a proper quart?". As he is a mate of mine, he explained how it works and all that and said to me that a proper quart is 60-70 quid. Then when I told him "I don't get it..." (cos obviously i'm baffled by the prices here), he said everything is done mathematically... Which left me even MORE confused, cos i'm thinking two eighths makes a quart, no?

Well anyways, I ask him how much you get with a quart (how much weed) and he tells me that it's the equivalent of getting 5 eighths, in which i'll save about 30 quid.... ???? SO NOW I'M EVEN MORE CONFUSED. I mean to me, it sounds like a sweet deal, cos he usually gives a good amount per eighth so i'm thinking this is great haha. But i'm still baffled as to how this all works out. Am I missing something? Cos the maths don't work out at all here, which is just baffling me even more. I don't feel like i'm being conned or anything, I mean I know the guy and he's a safe dude.

But yh, if anyone could explain this to me, i'd be very grateful :)

2. Stop paying for weed in seafood and continue on from there.

3. That doesn't make any sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Weed

4. I know right. Ima ask him today what he's on about.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Here's the problem with prices in the uk, people sells 1/8ths for 20pound but really he's selling you 1.4g when an 1/8th is meant to be 3.5g (eighth of an ounce)so a real quart is 7g but when he says that a quarter is equivalent to 5 of his eighth bags that means his 20 pound bags are comming in at 1.4g. Which unless it's top of the range shit it's Basicly a rip off, it's very hard to find people that sell real weights know days but oh well! Hope this has helped !

6. @[member="Brucey funt cace"]

[​IMG]

You just blew my mind. That makes even less sense.

7. #7 Brucey funt cace, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
    I couldn't think of a way to explain it easier than that my bad :/
    Let me have another go,
    1 ounce = 28grams
    Quart = 7 grams
    Eight = 3.5 grams
    He sells you an eighth but really it's 1.4grams maybe you can work out what's going on from this

8. Pieces in England are 1.5g £20 and that prices just changes per weights for for 3G it £40 that's the general price all over wngland

9. Ah ok thanks for explaining it to me. So one question then, am I getting ripped off, or is that just how it is in England?? Like do most dealers do this??

10. [quote name="Entash" post="19626258" timestamp="1393932647"]Ah ok thanks for explaining it to me. So one question then, am I getting ripped off, or is that just how it is in England?? Like do most dealers do this??

I'm a lil way from London but that's just how it works, 1.4g for 20 isn't so good though, I get 2g+ for 20.. Try and find a better dealer who's at least doing 10 a gram..

11. Ah ok, that's kinda a bummer.. So people are basically selling an eighth at 1.4 grams??? That's kinda deep. Anyone here getting stuff at a better rate???

12. Idk what part you're at but it's not hard to find a good connect just be patient and ask around, in the uk I wouldn't bother trying to buy legitimate 8ths (3.5g) unless you find a grower, I'm getting top dank at 10 a gram and I'm in a rural town lol. The good hookups are there...stop paying £20 for 1.4 for a start, don't let any dealer think he can short you, if you can't find anyone else and really want some bud then start asking for a specific amount instead of just an 8th, make sure you got scales too, real important when trying to find that reliable connect...if you have the option to best thing you could do is start growing.

13. Yh I'd love to grow, not gonna lie. But it's easier said than done. Plus I'm a Uni student in Uni accomodation, so yh... Pretty hard to keep that kinda operation on the down low. Do you grow/have you grown??

14. 1/8 does not equal 1.4 g.

15. #15 blazer12345, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
    what the hell are you lot on about. Eighths do rarely exist now but theyd never be 1.4g unless you have a really shit dealer normally be 2g. You can get real eighths off good dealers most simply wont sell them theyll sell you two tenbags instead.

£10 a g
    £60 a q
    £200 an ounce

thats standard as far as i can gather

sent from under mi sensi tree

16. Similar situation as you, not growing currently but once the outdoor season comes I will be :bongin:

17. That's awesome, didn't know you could grow during the outdoor season in England. If you do if, how will you do it though? And where would you do it?? It seems like I can't find a legit place to do it. Then again I'm in London and at uni... So a unique hiding place is pretty hard to come across I guess.

18. Ofcourse you can, Mid April is a good time to start but I'll be starting around 4/20. I live in a semi-small town which is pretty rural which makes it a lot easier, I feel for you dude goodluck finding a safe spot in London for an outdoor grow though haha.i would recommend just getting a good connect and waiting till you got your own place before growing , can't imagine the pain of losing your plants to cops or some scumbags...

19. For reals bro.. Too many worries in London, I'll get busted for sure.. Oh well, guess I gotta keep searching for that decent contact. Still though, do you reckon me buying a quart off him for 65 is good? The stuff he sells is real good quality as well. And as someone else mentioned, a proper quart seems to go around 60 quid. What do you think?

20. Definitely I hate the place, cities aren't my friend haha...and yeah dude ask around your uni I'm positive someone will have a decent connect, and yes if your sure the quality is good, I get my Qs for 70 which in some peoples eyes is pricey and also means I don't save money buying in weight unless it's Over a half but tbh anything under an ounce isn't exactly bulk and I don't mind paying it when I know it's top quality and has been grown perfectly..sucks I'm dry right now blew through a quarter at the weekend :(