Carlos Cannabis Cabinet

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by CarloMarx, Mar 4, 2014.

1. I feel like I at least owe you guys some form of green for my temporary disappearance. Here's my pepper farm for this year - ghost and scorpion. I'll be selling all of them once they are more mature.

[​IMG]

2. Hot, hot, hot stuff man!! Those ghosts can really make you into a human flame thrower :lol:

I probably won't be trying any of them myself. I've got a deal set up with a garden shop to sell them these things; people come in requesting them in the summer. Their organic too so they'll make a few more bucks in this area :)

4. ^^^ Good thinking amigo :D

Seedlings are looking mighty fine! Hoping to see a few mary jane babies some time soon ;)  :smoking:

5. Okay, now for some updates via photo.

Tonight we finished up some ever-exciting latches. This thing is on the bottom of the left door.
    [​IMG]

Attached a cabinet latch to the top for my swinging door.
    [​IMG]

Constructed the passive intakes and electricity entrance in the upper portion. One more day of work and she'll be ready for finishing. 
    [​IMG] 

6. She's on casters now and ready to roll. These will put the whole cabinet (or wardrobe) up 2 inches so that plenty of air can make it to the passive intakes.
    [​IMG]

But what if I want to make those PCV elbows disappear and store my shoes in there you ask?  :smoke:  :rolleyes: 
    In the case that this cabinet needs to be used to store clothes/shoes a cover was c and a false bottom. 
    [​IMG]  

A little more sanding and she's ready to be brought home. 

7. Hey Carlo,

Real nice work on the cabinet. Can't wait to see it stained and full of ganja girlz.

See ya...

8. Bad ass cab man, hope to have something I build like that one day!

9. Thanks, guys. I'm pretty happy with it. I know it won't look like a fancy piece of furniture made out of pine or something, but it will still look finished enough to be "in place" to any potential onlooker.

On another note, my first ganja girl has poked her head through the soil! We've officially started growing, blades :wave:

Sent from my LT28at using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Pre-sanding 

Post sanding: 
    [​IMG]

11. After 11 days of work, finally I get a day off :eek: As you may understand, when I get online at night to post I don't have the mental enegy to type out a full and informative post. But I come bearing some good news today: two ganja girls have sprouted and are looking good. I planted about 5 others that I am starting to worry about, but it hasn't been 7 days yet so I suppose it's futile to do so. I'm mostly just waiting on Latifah to show herself, and once she does I will be relieved.

Hope all of you blades are enjoying your Saturday. Smoke on :smoke:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gigZGc4KucE

12. Cant wait to see you back in it knee deep bro! You and Papawayne both! That cab is gonna get worked...:D

13. Well it's back to work. Last week(s) was 11 day on and one day off. Seems fair, right? Anyways, pending my schedule and energy levels, the cab should be moved over to my place in the next few days where it will be stained and painted on the inside.

I poked around at some seeds last night, and it looks like at least 3 Latifahs had a brown tap root. My Chocolate Rain seed was viable as it turns out, which is awesome because it came from CR2, but somehow it browned off too, due to either too much moisture or not being able to reach the surface. I replanted back into soil, but I'm paranoid and contemplating starting a few via wet paper towel. Cross your fingers for me.

14. very nice man..

what kind of lighting will you be running in there?
    also.. how much passive intake do you have?

looking extremely pro dude..

15. Bummer about the dark taproots Carlo :( Maybe your soil mix is too dense and heavy so it got waterlogged?

I have a Q about peppers :p When do you transplant them out of those flats usually? Mine only have cotyledons so far but look kinda big for those cells already :confused_2:

Thanks, AW :wave:

I'll be running a 400W convertible, starting with MH (Hortilux Blue bulb) once the painting/staining is done. I should be able to knock that out this week. As for the passive intakes, there are three 1.5 inch holes that run across the back portion of the floor. The cab itself won't be completely airtight either so some air will be pulled through the gaps in between the wood.

Major bummer -_- I think I just kept my mix too soggy and kept the humidity dome on for too long without letting some fresh air in. I have one Latifah going and replanted some others, as well as some AOxOG18.

I know that the peppers we'd get in at work would be 4 inches or so in those six pack flats. They'd still grow a little while we had them, but another inch seems to be the max for peppers, especially if you are going for size. I'm going to let mine go for a two more weeks or so (and maybe get to three inches) before I pull one out and check the root mass. I may do it sooner if I see a slow down, but I don't want to transplant too early and damage roots.

17. Thanks Carlo! I'm having a hard time keeping those tiny cells hydrated on a heat pad. 4 inches tall plant in cell makes it for pretty small root structure though, so I think I'm good for another week or so. Thanks again :)

Keeping fingers crossed for your babies!

18. #58 CarloMarx, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014

My peppers are in a pretty heavy mix, heavier than my ganja seedlings, so I've been worried about too much moisture. But now that they can get sun I take the humidity dome off and sit them in the window so they can dry out/crank in natural light. They are finally starting to put on their first true set of leaves. Wy do peppers grow so damn slow?!

I'm going to be a little more diligent in making sure this next batch of seeds don't dampen off. Still pissed that I made that mistake - first time I ever have. BUT I completely forgot I had a grower buddy start some seeds for me a week or two back, so I've got three Detroit Badass coming my way tonight. If I get good germination on the ones I planted, I am going to have WAY too many plants. Some will end up going outside with mother nature, and the others will be given away. But I'm still praying for Latifah females - that stuff is by far my favorite nighttime smoke.

Here's why I'm hopeful - Latifah
    [​IMG]

And here's why I am gutted by losing my viable CR2 seeding
    [​IMG]

19. Thanks Carlo! :) I found my seat! Not too late..I see!

Or am I... :unsure:

20. SUBD ! your box persuaded me ! Lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Grasscity Forum mobile app