Carlos Cannabis Cabinet

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by CarloMarx, Mar 4, 2014.

I have no doubt whatsoever that you will my friend. Check your pms and get back to me :poke:  :D

:bolt: :bolt: :bolt:

3. Feeling excellent today my friend!

4. Just a few more pictures of progress. We're getting there!

Doors!
    [​IMG]

Lockage
    [​IMG]

All closed off
    [​IMG]

5. Hey Carlo,

Nice work on that cabinet! And they say stoners are lazy...ha!

So, what's that hole just behind the light opening? Is that how you're going to pull air out of the bottom chamber?

I think I have a couple of original CR seeds left. If you want them, PM me.

See ya...

6. #26 CarloMarx, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2014

Thanks, Papa. It means a lot coming from you.

The hole just behind the light is fit for the flange/air intake into the light itself. Hydrofarm offers a cooling kit that is compatible with my unit so I decided to upgrade and run through the filter, to the light, and then out of the cab. It should keep my temperatures way down in the small space. It was a battle I was always fighting in the tent, so I felt this to be the best solution.

PM coming your way :wave:

7. I can see the finish line :metal:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Very neat looking cabinet Carlo :yay:

9. Fancy! How is it going to finished - paint, stain?

As far as anyone else will know, it's a wardrobe  :cool:

Thanks, Pink 

I'm still fighting this battle in my head. The original plan was to paint it black, but the trim has introduced another factor into the equation. I like the idea of paint, but I don't want it to look tacky - the only color I would paint the trim is white if the whole cabinet was black. 

Staining on the other hand, would look pretty damn cool. It won't hide as much of the crappy areas of the wood, but I feel that it will give a slightly more finished look. 

I'm seriously up for hearing what you guys think would look best. And by you guys I mean more than just Pink and Papa. There aren't many following this thread since there are no plants yet, but I'd really like it for others to chime in. 

What do you think, blades?

11. Stain it! Then again i've never been a fan of black/white furniture :p

12. Stain it!!!! Light or dark- doesn't matter.. but don't ruin your beautiful cabinet with paint!!! Excellent work, sir.

13. #33 CarloMarx, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2014
    Okay, stain it is! I'm still going to go way dark though. I'm thinking of maybe staining all of the cabinet and the trim the same color, and then doing something just a tad different in the square areas within the trim. Any thoughts on how that might look?

14. Not that any of any of you care, but my transatlantic lover is coming to stay with me for 5 days. That means no work on the cabinet and lots of work in the bedroom..........you know - decorating and stuff :ey: ;)

Still, it shouldn't be too long before I pop some seeds and this train starts rolling. I'm nervous!

:wave:

15. Good nerves though man! It's always fun starting/ finishing a new project.

I also vote for a dark stain, just easier to upkeep. Just seal the shit out of it lol.

HaGGarD (as hell)

16. The transatlantic lover should be gone. Do you have an update for us.

He seems to have fallen into the mysterious 4th hole....

18. looking good dude!

i say white inside and out.. keep the heat down a bit.

but either way it's gonna be all green soon enough  [​IMG][​IMG]

There has been some progress, but I was a little stoned when the work was done so I forgot to get pictures. Tomorrow night serious progress will be made so there will be plenty to show. Hold tight until then!

Nope, just got lost in the ones we all know and love :wave:

Thanks a lot, man! I I'm glad I have an old-schooler hanging around to keep me in line :)

Speaking of green, I just popped all of my seeds into soil last night. I always used paper towels, but they are just getting started with the rest of my vegetables in 1 of 2 flats. This is the first time I've gone straight into soil. but I still don't think germination to take too long.

20. ^^

congratz dude :)

i like planting direct into soil.. less messing w/ roots is always good imo.

good luck man..