Carlos Cannabis Cabinet

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by CarloMarx, Mar 4, 2014.

1. #1 CarloMarx, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
    I've figured that it is about that time again. Seeds should be popping and painting will be done in the near future. It's about time to get this thing rolling along, right? As in the past, I will be working with a small space, but I seek to utilize every inch possible.

It started with this drawing. The only major alteration at the point is that the light is going to be fit into the upper space of the cabinet with a hole cut down through the wood. I am currently awaiting my fan in the mail to make sure that it will fit. My measurements have added up right so far so I'm thinking this will too.
    [​IMG]

This was posted in the Organics Lounge a while back. It has been frigidly cold again and the snow seems to never stop coming so my buddy and I waited a bit until we got some warmer temperatures. And by warm I mean all of 8 degrees.
    [​IMG]

Here's what we managed to accomplish today.

Attached both sides of the frame
    [​IMG]

Completed Frame
    [​IMG]

Next we cut and placed the shelves
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then it was time to start playing with plywood. From there the top piece and the actual shelf support was cut and placed. We then cut the sides and the back, brad nailed them all in and called it a day. The next move is to check the placement of the fan and then the remaining space for the light.
    [​IMG]

Gettin' there.
    [​IMG]

2. Looks great, Carlo! Mind if I take a seat?

3. I'd be glad to have you along, man. I'll start getting into soil and seeds when we get closer to that time. Shouldn't be much longer now at all :yay:

4. Great your goin on again Carlo mate! Is it goin to be one of those surprising chocolate rain babies?

5. Hey Carlo, :wave:

Good to see you back on the boards! I'll be joining you in a few weeks when the weather warms a bit more. :p

So, what are you planning on growing this time around? Any new soil mixes to share?

Looking forward to your grow, man. Keep it clean and green!

See ya...

Hey corky, great to have you along! I'm anxious to be back at it. About 4 months after I took down my Chocolate Rain girls I found a rogue seed in one of my jars. It looks like it may be viable, but I'm not getting my hopes up. If it pops and decides to be a girl, it will most likely be a pick for this run.

Hey Papa! Glad to see you on the boards as well, even if you're just doing a bit of checking in. Latifah has solidified a spot in the lineup, as you can probably understand. I'm still trying to figure what should run in that third spot; I do have some IRG waiting to go.

As far as soil, I am going to be using soil that I still have from my SAGE run (virgin) and then I also have a variant mix I will be trying out alongside it. I'll dive into that topic a little deeper once I get all of my totes and amendments at my new place - they're still in storage.

7. nice plan dude!

looking forward to some green in here!

all subb'd up and ready :p

8. This looks promising! I'll be chillin  :wave:

Thanks dudes! As of now all I have is a bunch of regular seeds, so other than Latifah I will just let nature sort out who will make the team this round. I'm thinking I'll start ~9 seeds and see what happens. If I get a lady overload I have a buddy I can gift them to and an outdoor spot I can leave them in, although I won't be doing any guerilla growing. I'm going to let nature runs its course this year and see if the extras survive.

10. Hell yea man looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Glad to have you along, man.

Now let's pass this joint around and chill for a bit :smoking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbXO83tDgVo

12. Wow, Carlo, steeping up a game big time! Box is looking super cool.

Glad I found ya :p Subbed. Can't wait for the flowers :)  

13. #14 corkybuchek, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014
    I remember that seed, what I was hoping its that we're gonna see some more of those organic CR spears. If the party doesn't derail your thread that is heh

Stepping things up.....a little  ;) Of course I still wish I had more space, but I am still thankful I can upgrade. I'm tired of growing in cramped spaces with materials that just weren't sturdy. So naturally I made a cramped space that is a bit bigger and much more heavy duty. Once all the finishing touches are put on the cabinet it is going to look very decorative, while hiding many tall and healthy colas  :smoke:

I am renting so I still need to factor in stealth to a certain extent - not that I have to worry about anyone being in my place regularly. I may be going a bit overboard, but I have a few tricks up my sleeve that I am excited to share with you guys if they work out during construction. 

As always, I'm honored to have your presence and experience in my humble thread  :love:

Did I make a post about that seed?  :confused: I don't even remember mentioning it on here. But I'm right there with you: I wouldn't mind seeing some CR buds a couple months down the line. If I get a pretty Latifah boy that my buddy can take care of I would even like to make a cross of the two just to see what sort of dangerous plant would come out of it  :smoking:

Going to be putting in a night of a lot of work tomorrow on the cab, so be ready for a construction update. We've still got a ways to go, but the goal is to have it completed early next week - paint, paneling, and all. 

15. You should know better than calling me a guru man :poke:  :p

Cramped or not your tent is going to kick ass! I like the setup, I think it should work no problem. Can't wait to see the tricks :D I love stealthy ideas!

16. #17 CarloMarx, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2014
    So a pre-bed construction update. I got my new fan this week and it ended up being much bigger than anticipated. That meant lots of tight squeezes and a little bit of adaptation, but I got every cut and placed where I needed it to be. Slowly but surely this thing is coming together.
    [​IMG]

Post adaptation:
    [​IMG]

Next was the hole for the light to shine through. I originally envisioned the light below the upper shelf but in the end my spacing allowed for the light to fit. Just by a hair :smoke: There will be a pane of glass placed on top of the light hole that the light will sit on.
    [​IMG]

Next on this list is tackling doors and putting the finishing touches on the outside. I'll be sharing my tricks then pending their success ;)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like your modesty :poke:

I only hope I can live up to your Latifah girls.

18. What in the heck???? How did I not know about this one?! Im subbed!!

19. Finally my boy shows up :poke: ;)

Now you know! Glad to have you here as always, D. Hope you're feeling a bit better than you have been.