My smoke proof contraption (pictures)

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by rb365, Mar 4, 2014.

1. So everyone knows what a sploof is. You blow smoke through a tube and what comes out is a weaker smell. I have been working on something that is more convenient then a sploof. What I have is a work in progress and prototype. It's a small shoe box with the fans from my xbox 360 blowing to the inside of the box, and out of another hole I put in it. Now I need to find some materials that will reduce the smell of smoke or completely eliminate it. I figure I would just blow the smoke into the fans, the smoke would pass through the box, and no smell. The fans are powered by USB.

What could I put in the shoe box to eliminate the smells? Is there anything else I could use to improve this?
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393900765.485757.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393900776.067874.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393900786.300439.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Damn man I always just used to use the window next to my bed.

3. I don't have a window in my room :/

4. $20
    [​IMG]

You could possibly make something with an airtight box, heavy duty fans(not usb), activated carbon filter, etc. I'd just drop the 20 bucks.

5. Innovative motherfucker

6. Can you please explain how a shoebox, fitted with a USB Xbox 360 fan, is more convenient that dryer sheets stuffed in a fucking TP roll?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

7. It would be long lasting. Also it would be cool to show friends.

8. A pet goat running throughout the house is the best way to hide the smell of weed.

9. Do you have any idea how long a 2 dollar pack of dryer sheets lasts for sploofs? And unless you wipe your ass with leaves, TP rolls are free as fuck.

OP is using more money in fan power than just using the simple sploof.

Each to their own, whatever works for you. But in no way shape or form is your invention more "convenient"

10. But a sploof takes like five seconds to make. And if I want zero smoke/smell I can spend fifteen bucks on a smoke buddy.

11. You aren't accounting for the smoke that wont get sucked into the box and youd need like 3-4 boxes of dryer sheest lol

12. i like the idea fuck it, why not man.. search on this site for the stuff they use on diy carbon filters, or any of the stuff they use to sort out the smell of their grows, theres some kinda gel or crystals i think and also people use charcoal 

13. You'd be better off with activated carbon for a filter, you would need a way to easily remove and replace the carbon though since no filter is permanent, and you're lookin for permanence.

The size of that box, you will need a lot of carbon. So you won't be able to easily hold this while using it.

And the fans might push your smoke out too fast for it to be properly filtered, or could push air through other openings in the box. So you will need to make it airtight, while being able to taje the box apart to replace your medium. Not easy at all. I don't even have a suggestion.

I'd just get a smoke buddy or make a sploof. Or blow the smoke out a window.

14. Make sploof put 1 dryer sheet in fill it with carbon put another sheet to hold the carbon in. Carbon $5 walmart activated carbon got mine in the pet section with fish stuff. Theres no smell smoke disperses really quick I smoke in m ly bathroom with it in my car doesnt smell. Ive put like a half ounce through it and it still works great.

15. I don't think it will work man. Think about it, once you put something in there like dryer sheets to help with the smell, the fans will have to push the smoke all the way through the material to get it out the other side. So unless you have some fans that are powerful enough to blow the smoke through the material it isn't gonna work very well. Also if the box isn't' air tight smoke will rise out through the cracks in the box. It sounds like a good idea in theory, but not too effective when you actually go through with it. Hate to be a downer, but just get a smoke buddy or something lol.

16. Its a nice idea, good on you for being creativ andū stuff. I think it would be pretty difficult to make an effective sploof the way youre thinking but i'd say its possible, id try making the box smaller though and maybe put a fan on either side instead of together - one to pull the smoke in and one to pull it through and out the other side. Let me know how it goes, i may try making my own next time i feel like making shit lol

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. I just made a SPLOOF using an Activated Carbon filter ( comes in a sack ) $3.50 at local pet store ! stick it in a paper towel roll then put 3 or 4 Bounce sheets. No smell except bounce. Cheap and Very Effective.

18. Smoke outside?

Sent from Uranus

19. no offense but you wouldn't need that whole gimmick if you just had a set of lungs and learned to ghost hit

20. youre sandblasting a soup cracker.

Just use the tp tube and dryer sheets plus copious amounts of febreeze, throw in a scented candle if your still nervous.
    Use the fans to build a grow box.