How can i recover my wax from the water in my oil rig setup?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by GreatDekuTree, Mar 4, 2014.

1. i have smoked alot of wax through my oil rig water bubbler and i have alot of wax in the water from dripping down. i was wondering if anyone has any methods for recovering the wax from the water.. sorry the picture is sideways
    thanks in advance.. toke on!
    IMG_3541.JPG

2. If its actually in the water couldn't you just pour water out onto plate then let water evaporate leaving behind wax?

3. it just sticks to the glass at the bottom of the bubbler

4. I'd swirl the water a bit, then the reclame should stick to the sides of the bong with the rest of the claim, then use Iso to clean. I think there are topic's tellin you how to clean and evaporate if you don't already know how.

5. #5 moreherb, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
    The wax that drips beneath the nail is desireable. they sell drip catchers at nice glass spots. you can swish some everclear in there and evaporate that on a petri dish.

or pyrex

6. thanks guys :bongin: 

7. Just poor out the water and clean it with ISO alcohol. Save the alcohol in an empty alcohol bottle until you have a good amount saved up. Then evaporate all the alcohol and you are left with edible ready reclaim

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Use either ever clear or ISO. Shake and soak then pour onto Pyrex dish for evaporation. Preheating (NO flame) the alcohol will speed up the process. To improve the reclaim stability pour it into a jar, freeze it then pour through a coffee filter or cheese clothe, onto a plate for evaporation. This causes plant oils to solidify, which are then filtered out.

9. I used my hot water tap. Shit takes the wax right out. If doesn't work go get 100% alcohol with acetone and search up how to wash properly.
    (I wash my bong a lot cause fritted disk)

10. Put some high proof alachol and shake it for a minute and drink the reclaim.

11. LOL Moonshiners meets Weed Country!

• Like Like x 1
  12. #12 Dr. Errl Hammond- B.H.O., Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014
    is the "reclaim wax" inside the glass piece actually containing THC?, or is it more of condensed plant waxes that are leftover from the original "wax"?

there is so much BHO around here i have never even tried to reclaim from cleaning dab rigs

does anyone truthfully know the answer to this one?

13. It takes a few reclaim rounds to remove the THC from the plant waxes but at that point it looks like motor oil and equally viscous.

14. most of these answers suck. swirl the water? LOL ur rig doesnt have much claim in it. but either way throw you rig into the microwave for a few seconds. then fill it up with iso until its all in the iso and not on the glass. then pour into a plate and let it evaperate then scrape it and purge the shit out of it. youll get a inconsistent shatter type claim and itll taste like shit so make edibles unless you dont mind the taste

15. Just take a torch and get the bottom of your bub warm and turn it over so the reclaim can run out of the mouthpiece.

16. Fuck your answers is more shit then anyone else's. Put it in the microwave ? Claim doesn't need to be heated up to desolve in Iso. I said swirl the water cause claim will sit on the water and you don't want to pour it out when you empty the water.

17. ur a fucken idiot. yes it doesnt. put in the microwave so it not hard for it to desolve in the iso 5 seconds in the microwave makes it 10x easier and less shaking. u dont have to. still better than your dumbass answer saying swirl the water. thats the worst way possible to get claim out. 

18. You didn't even read what he wrote smart guy. He was asking if" anyone has any methods for recovering the wax from the water."

19. not to get involved in this little spat but the guy's saying to swirl the water to make the claim stick to the glass when you pour the water out so that you don't lose the claim.  For that part, you 2 are actually yelling the same thing back at one another.

20. Pour the water out. The claim will stick to the glass. Get a cup of water and warm it up to get it a little hot. Put the water in and shake the shit out of your rig then when you pour the water out the claim comes with. It might take a few rinses but it's easier than another purge