Rapos 2400W Sealed Room

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by rapo9510, Mar 3, 2014.

1. I would totally rig up a screen right to your buckets.

Tomato cage with the legs cut and bent under to keep it attached and out of the soup.

2. Yeah man.

My main point in this whole discussion is that stress is unneccessary and not beneficial in any way.

Ive caused many plants to herm by cutting too much off, too quickly. Any sort of strange stress can cause that.

Im starting to see a correlation with hormone manipulation as well. I had a few hermies result from aggressive topping. I later discovered that by not topping, but instead tricking the plant with lst training, i had the same effect as topping, at a faster growth rate, without ANY noticeable stress. I also noticed I havent introduced a disease since i stopped topping. Disease surprised me, given i followed all the proper procedures, such as new cutting instruments, cleaning blades with alcohol, etc.

I decided to research grafting, like what happens with orange trees, since im in the central valley, as a way to correct wounds. Ive tried a lot of different tapes, glues, and gels to try to seal plant wounds as well.

I used to pick one plant out of evy grow to experiment on. When i say i pushed these ladies to the limit, i mean shraight up frankenstein shit. Lol. I tried a lot of different things. One time I even topped for 3 months straight to see how many heads i could produce. The plant eventually hermed on me at around 90-100 heads. I was topping every 4-6 days.

I once plucked nearly all the leaves off a plant to see how fast leaves would return, leaving ny 6 leaves. I applied most types of severe shock, as well as minor shock.

There was never a benefit with topping. Slow growth, disease, hermies, and much, MUCH (all capitals there) less yield. The plant reaches a point where it jus stops thriving and wants to mature as quickly as possible.

The most potent plant I ever grew, on the other hand was a second gen rejuvinated plant. Ie, she was harvested, allowed to veg and then harvested again. She hermed on round 3.

I even grew a plant like a rollercoaster a few times, where the branches were a few feet long and intertwined like a vine. Buds nearly fused together, she was quite the freak haha

3. Damn man, that is some great info. I never even thought about the stress from topping. I've only topped once before. Not because I am necessarily opposed to it. But all my other grows I just never got around to it until it was too late.

I plan on doing some experiments when I get something back in the tent. I really want to try mainlining just to try it out. But again, that's a shit load of stress on a plant and I don't want to hermie again from all that stress. I've almost always done LST but it seems like I ALWAYS wait just about a week or two too long to start training. I need to stay on top of it more. I stay on top of monitoring my nutes, temps, ppms, ph, etc. But sometimes I just want to sit down and smoke and not sit in the room fucking with the plant for an hour. Ya know? Growing gave me a new respect quality bud and prices I pay because I now know how much labor goes into producing quality shit.

I would really like to see that second gen rejuv'd plant and the rollercoaster. You got those in your thread? That's some crazy shit man.

4. #305 rain dancer, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    Haha, i know right! Yeah man I would never discourage anyone from experimenting. Thats how you get to know your shit! I encourage all of you to take a clone or two each grow n fuck with it. Dont get upset if somethin goes wrong and go into with zero expectations. Consider it a side grow.

I have pics of a lot of my grows, but a few years back when I got sick I stopped experimenting and jus grew to get medicated for my illness. I have an old hard drive somewhere, probly in my storage thats full of that shit. The reveg I didnt take pics of because it was before I was legit n legal and I was green and super paranoid back then. I used to trip so bad thinkin they could see my lil single plant grows through the walls haha

Pics to me were evidence haha

Oh to be young n dumb again!

5. i don't see your logic bro.. The way I approach thing is very common sense oriented. So.. If you do as I always do if I know the strain doesn't mind "top" your plants you increase bud sites. Now the LST comes into play but with 2-4 times more production sites.. You feel me? It just seems like they belong together in capable hands of course.

6. Sorry you dont see my logic.

I explained it pretty thoroughly
    :confused_2:

If you think stress is good for your plant and your buds then do as you please. I've said multiple times I wasnt tryin to stop anyone, in fact I even encouraged experimentation. My entire opinion in this thread has been to jus define my experience. The only reason I continued my explanation was because I was asked to elaborate on my own experience and experimentation.

We're all jus trying to share our experience after all arent we? No need to feel your opinion or method of growing is threatened my friend.

7. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397838461.552014.jpg

Sent from someone that still twist up phillies!!

8. There ya go gentlemen!! Lol

Sent from someone that still twist up phillies!!

9. Lmao, I WANT THAT SIGN!

10. Ok update time :

Things are going better for sure im getting some new growth but unfortunately I've found some slime .. this shit came in litterly overnight :angry: it was preety bad on the air stones but the roots weren't terrible .

I gave them a bath in 3.5 gallons of water 20 ml h2o2 and then sprayed all the gunk off the roots with a spay bottle ..

I dumped my 2 week old soup that even with slime still stayed stable with ph of 5.5 ..

I mixed a new soup and added hydrozyme which is a additive containing enzymes to fight the bacteria .. no tds value and its recommend to be added with the normal feed ..

I brought the buckets to 300ppm ph 5.6- 5.7 .

So im sitting there wondering how the hell am I getting this shit ... I go take a look at my air compressor which I sit on a big sponge like you'd use to wash your car for noise purposes and its upside down which wouldn't seem like such a big deal but the bottom has little rubber feet to keep the intake of the compressor elevated for the air to be intake with it being upside down half the intake was submerged in the sponge causing restricted air flow .. hopping that's the culprit ..

Im also gunna grab some more roots excellorator I think that stuff help battle some the bacteria issues I had in the past ..

Anyway sorry for the ramble just trying figure out what's happening if anybody has any ideas please chime in all advice and opinions are welcome
    1397861596394.jpg 1397861614068.jpg 1397861637569.jpg 1397861653379.jpg 1397861675959.jpg

Check this double top shoot guy out
    1397861732979.jpg 1397861675959.jpg

1397861699538.jpg 1397861717364.jpg

check out my journal http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-grow-journals/1287120-rapos-2400w-dwc-sealed-room.html

11. #318 rapo9510, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014
  12. dont much like the bruins... they beat my canucks a couple years back for the cup! my team has gone to the shit house this year, but being the patriot that I am i gotta cheer for the habs! Sadly, the only Canadian team it the play offs

13. Aww come on man im half a newfie my mom was born about a hr or 2 north of st john

I HATE THE HABS! !

I can get down with the leafs but that's about it for Canadian teams ... I kinda like Edmonton from greztkey messiare days but having paid much attention to them lately ..

I met my girl the year we beat you guys I met he rout after we both went to the parade for winning the cup 3 years next month shes the BEST!!

No harsh feelings MM I just appreciate a gd hockey fan !

check out my journal http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-grow-journals/1287120-rapos-2400w-dwc-sealed-room.html