Does god care if you smoke weed?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by andy85258, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Evolution has allowed for you to develop the necessary receptors to even enjoy the plant. Don't complicate it by imposing deities on the experience of something entirely natural.

2. I'm Catholic, and I love smoking. The way I see it, it's between you and God if you believe in him. I think that smoking is a good thing as long as it doesn't make it to the center of your life. St. Ignatius tells us (and I'm paraphrasing here): "we should use things so far as they help us, and leave them when they hinder us." To me, it seems that people enjoy herb the same way people enjoy alcohol and no one really seems to see a problem with drinking.

As a wise person once told me: "Use things and love people, not the other way around." Good things in excess can be bad. My two cents!

• Like Like x 1
  3. As all things, weed smoking should be in moderation. Don't let it consume your life and God is ok with it. I've had way too many signs that God approves of weed for me to think otherwise lol

--Ride the tiger, you can see his stripes but you know he's mean!--

• Like Like x 1
  4. weed is the devils plant son. you better repent. 

5. Yes? The ruler of the universe obviously gives a shit whether one of his creations uses another one of his creations to feel different. Simple Christian science.

666 HAIL SATAN 666

6. Yes, you will go to hell.

...Nah, I'm just fuckin' with ya, We don't care Up Here. :cool:

7. Excellent first post. Welcome to the city! :hello:  :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Does god care that we are killing the planet?

9. LOl Yes, God wants you to smoke weed. He said so in the bible.

• Like Like x 1
  10. if he did exist, i would think that would be the least on his mind. :hippie:

• Like Like x 1
  11. only if you smoke schwag

• Like Like x 1
  12. I get that he cares so I don't think he'll mind.

13. Thanks! It's good to be here! :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. I believe if there was a god, why would he put a plant on his/her planet if he/she didn't intend it for use? It says in the bible (not word for word) I give you every fruit bareing tree and every seed bareing herb to use. So the apparent Christian god doesn't seem to mind...

• Like Like x 1
  15. didnt god set a bush on fire or something? hes totes ok w/ u blazing it occasionally :smoking:

16. Who cares?  :confused_2:  I sure don't. I'll be the one to decide what I ingest 

17. #58 skynyrdfan420, May 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2014
    that's a hard one to answer... you are supposed to treat your body like the temple, which means not harming it in any way, and if you're SMOKING the weed, you are doing some, if only a small amount, of damage to your body... At the same time, i've never heard of anybody dying due to complications from smoking pot... someone may have gotten baked and jumped off a building, but, let's be honest, that wasn't because of the weed... they were either already stupid, or having mental issues... anyway, back to the business at hand, marijuana can be used as a medicine for MANY things, as i'm sure everyone here knows... it helps me with my anxiety attacks, although that's not why i smoke it. i smoke because i enjoy it, helping with my anxiety is an added benefit... I think the benefits of weed FAR outweigh the downsides, as does probably everyone on this site... So, really, i don't think it bothers God, as long as it doesn't get in the way of your relationship with him/her/it... this is all assuming that you believe in God... ha

18. and then there's the whole 'God made the earth, the earth makes weed' argument... which i also find valid..

• Like Like x 1
  19. So following that logic, poison is okay to god since it was created by the earth. And literally any action or convention of man is justified in God's eye since he created us.

I don't find this "it's natural" argument to be valid at all.