Does god care if you smoke weed?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by andy85258, Mar 3, 2014.

1. The religious symbol or "label" I feel most comfortable and honest with is a Christian-Satanist. Meaning, I'm convinced there's something bigger than us and the Bible does a decent job of convincing me of that. However, I believe humans are, step one, primitive beings. Primitive to the point of doing whatever it takes to both survive and protect loved ones. Satanism isn't "devil worship" right? Anyone who's read at least one chapter of the "Book of Satan" by Anton LaVey knows this. The Satanist/primitive side of every human being feels, intense lust, before getting to the feeling of love. Right?

I believe all human behavior is based off of what is going to increase both your survival and replication. And replication is just another form of survival. Its, long term survival of the species. Either God created us with cannabis receptors in our brain or we evolved them. The question comes down to, is consuming cannabis increasing or decreasing our long term survival of the species?

I believe God wants us to smoke weed. Its the anti Christ who is trying to keep us away from it. If cannabis is life then why would the devil want us having that? Wouldn't the devil just want us to stick with tobacco and alcohol?

Word to the wise...

Sent from my BNTV600 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Toking seems like an awfully petty thing for an omnipotent supreme being to care about.

3. Run a search on the term "Keneh bosem"!

Granny

4. #24 Jingo Dookstain, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
    I really don't care if God cares.

Edit: But hell, that goes for everybody.

5. God isn't real so your good

I almost got cut on that edge lol jk,  

But thanks for all the answers people, i believe that cannabis was created cause god wants us to be happy and for some of us it gives a completely new prescriptive on life that we probly wouldn't of otherwise achieve.

7. #27 Timesplasher, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2014
    I just had a chat with him and hes dissapointed but hes had a lot of time to get over it.

Btw he asked me to tell you to make sure you brush your teeth in the morning and before bed.

8. I know lots of Muslims that smoke weed (somehow they find a way to justify it but alcohol is prohibited). It's strange really but religious people of all faiths do this with one thing or another. For those above who mentioned extremists..please stop watching so much mainstream media. I'm not a fan of any religion really but deeply spiritual and I embrace a lot of Sufism which is derived from Islam. Even though I might not agree with many religions, I do try to at least be respectful. We all are in a state of learning and evolving, right? I surely wouldn't want to be judged for my own beliefs even a decade ago so I remind myself of this when I feel myself being judgmental.

9. There isn't a god, just try not to be a dick to others in life, and you're golden. Toke up my friend, get stoned.

10. To answer your question and I'm a tad late I know , many believe as has been previously stated that marijuana is the tree of life referenced in the bible sent to us from god to cute many of mans ailments . there's actually a church in Hawaii known as the THC ministry which you may want to look into regarding religion and spirituality and the use of pot. But the way I see it each mans spirituality is his own journey regardless of your religion and if you believe it is helping you learn and become closer to god as you know him and it is not breaking the golden rule of not hurting others then more power to you brother . Be well

Sent from my XT1031 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. Matthew 15: 10-11
                                   And he called the multitude and said unto them, HEAR, AND UNDERSTAND:
                                    NOT THAT WHICH GOETH INTO THE MOUTH DEFILETH A MAN; BUT THAT WHICH COMETH OUT OF THE MOUTH, THIS DEFILETH A MAN.

Matthew 17- 19
                                   DO NOT YE YET UNDERSTAND, THAT WHATSOEVER ENTERETH IN AT THE MOUTH GOETH INTO THE BELLY, AND IS, CAST OUT INTO THE DRAUGHT?
                                    BUT THOSE THINGS WHICH PROCEED OUT OF THE MOUTH COME FORTH FROM THE HEART; AND THEY DEFILE THE MAN.
                                    FOR OUT OF THE HEART PROCEED EVIL THOUGHTS, MURDERS, ADULTERIES, FORNICATIONS, THEFTS, FALSE WITNESS, BLASPHEMIES:

peace out

12. God created cannabis for a reason.  Who are we here to judge? Only god know.  Just enjoy the moment and be responsible for what you do.

• Like Like x 1
  13. You are God. Give yourself permission to enjoy this very creation. ;P

Sent from my BNTV600 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. If there is a creator (god) would he/she/it, not want you to use the fruits and herbs provided? Remember the plant was here before us!

• Like Like x 1
  15. god gave us plants bearing seeds in genesis the bible states this,,all plants were given to us to be used by us i tend to believe that marijuana prohibition is a manmade law,not gods 

• Like Like x 1

16. I guess it depends on all your individual perceptions of "God" but nature would love you to smoke, that's why she put it there.

"Find what you love and let it kill you."
    - Charles Bukowski

17. It was put here for a reason.....toke up. Its medicine

• Like Like x 1
  18. I think if you abuse it and don't respect it then it can be just as bad as anything else.
    It is a plant, and it does grow naturally (maybe not anymore nowadays).
    It's fine to use cannabis. Go into it with good intentions and thoughts.

Smoking isn't the healthiest methods and there are plenty of other ways to consume it without getting the more negative side effects.
    But nothing replaces smoking it. 

• Like Like x 1
  19. God gave us this plant. You decide

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app