Does god care if you smoke weed?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by andy85258, Mar 3, 2014.

1. There are some religions such as Islam, the bahai faith etc that prohibit drug use due to the belief that it takes you further away from god. This has been on my mind lately as i follow a religion that prohibits marijuana use but dose not specifically reference it any of the teachings. Despite that i believe drug use is a moral gray area and it is only as good or bad as the decisions you make relating to it are.     

I think as long as your a good person and don't let the herb take center stage in life. If you follow a religion then at least stick to it's core values and be a good person then the  big man in the sky wont even trip  ;).

• Like Like x 2
  2. Who's to say the answer is yes or no. Do what you want, but I highly doubt anyone but anti-mj people care if ypyou smoke some green

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  3. Everything that is natural was created by god so why would god make a plant that has so many benefits for us if it wasnt for our consumption. But you have to know how to use it to reap its benefits , there is a difference between smoking to get high to have fun and smoking as medicine (for the body ,mind,soul).And regarding what you said about religions that believe drug use takes you further away from god ,there are religions that believe using marijuana helps you connect with god but that being said i wouldnt classify weed as a drug.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Islam also states you should hijack a plane to get into heaven...

• Like Like x 1
    Smoking The Herb is not a moral grey area. There is nothing immoral about it. Any religion that tells you that Cannabis will keep you away from God is trying to control your mind (and doesn't like you trying to control it)

That said, there is a very good reason to teach people not to use drugs too much. Using too much disassociates us from reality and makes for poor survivability. The Herb is a key that opens many doors, but not every door. Some doors can only be opened through hard work and focused attention. The Herb can sometimes be counter productive to these ends.

• Like Like x 1
  6. News flash... the same early monotheistic followers who made the rule for your religion were likely just a bunch of pothead too. This was the silk road era. Lots of weed.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    Not all Muslims are extremists, don't be ignorant. 

• Like Like x 2
  8. #8 Thejourney318, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2014
    Holy shit, the quran talks about planes!?!? Centuries before they were invented!? Well, I guess muhammed was a legit prophet...and Islam is truth...damn...

• Like Like x 1
  9. the part of god in you that likes to get high enjoys it

• Like Like x 1
  10. No but radical islamists seem to think kamakazing themselves is a 'good' deed.

11. God or The Gods put it here for us to use, just like they put every other herb here for us to use. I always thought of it like this, If God or The Gods didn't want us to consume it and we did anyway, shouldn't it kill us? Like on The Mummy, The mummy guy didn't want those diggers to open that chest, when they did, shit got fucked up lol.

Only people that don't want us to consume Cannabis are the people who wrote religion and modified the bible and other religious text. That is just my two cents. Get high and talk to God man :D.

12. I am Muslim and smoke weed but I believe it is better to smoke weed then take them prescription medicine they give you which sometimes give side effects worst then the condition. My condition is epilepsy and the medicine they gave me had side effects, now I just smoke, no medicine and been seizure free for 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  13. If we believe that God is some judging entity outside of us with a conditional type of love, this is a common fallacy.  This isn't possible, this is only how our brains work due to our evolutionary survival that has gotten us to this point in evolution. 

God is existence, no need to put conditions on it.  If you let anything effect your life negatively (purely subjective) then change it.  If something's effecting your life positively (also subjective) then go towards that if you so choose. 

Life is an experience, not a destination...like an open playground for all of us to dance in.  There's nothing to achieve, your already everything that ever was.

...external achievements are just part of the game that people buy into as a means for controlling them.

• Like Like x 1
  14. God created cyanide, do you injest it?  How about arsenic?  God created volcanos, do you jump into active volcanos? 

• Like Like x 1
  15. #15 Boats And Hoes, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014

Then why do you condition 'existence in-itself' as being unaware of its own actuality, i.e., lacking self-consciousness? Your usage of the term 'god' is superfluous...

"If we believe that God is some judging entity outside of us with a conditional type of love, this is a common fallacy." -- Actually, your fallacy, as it is a common one, is thinking that God is "external" to us in the sense that God is physically or corporally outside of our extended bodies. God isn't "external" to us, rather, God is beyond us... as a thought can be beyond the comprehension of a child.

"There are two natures in us, one good, the other bad. Where is God? Where you are not, and the kingdom of God is within you." - Pascal

16. #16 Stormy Sea, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    yup, he told me so last time we hung out.

i don't give a fuck though, too hardcore for him, he needs to get the fuck over it.  :metal:

17. #17 Boats And Hoes, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014

Although I don't consider weed by any means an evil thing... your statement here reminds me a of quote -- "We never do evil so fully and cheerfully as when we do it out of conscience."

• Like Like x 1
    [​IMG]

I speak with absolutely zero authority here, but I'm pretty sure that God, under whatever name, is pretty happy that you aren't having seizures and/or nasty side effects.

• Like Like x 1
  20. My scripture on this says,

(Doctrine and Covenants, 89:10-11)

So, God gave us, among many other beneficial plants, cannabis, and it should be used for the health of His children, in the right time.

I'm fairly sure the majority of people who also follow that particular book of scripture disagree with me...  and not just regarding cannabis!

• Like Like x 1