Colonization of other planets

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by loki22669, Mar 2, 2014.

1. happy 420

-yuri

2. Sustainability.

3. I find it unlikely for one teeny tiny reason. Bacteria. Think about it, we cant even drink water in a foreign country without getting sick. Why? Our immune system isnt use to the different bacteria its exposed to. So on another planet this would be hugely amplified even on a perfectly hospitable planet. Earth is where the weed is so Im staying here.

4. My question is why are we even trying to colonize other planets when we could be protecting ,exploring ,and "fortifying" our own? I mean even if we do find and colonize a new planet we'll just do to it what we're doing to earth (destroying it).

5. I hope we dont, until we can take care of the planet we inhabit.

We're literally viruses.

I just read that a virus infects us the moment we are a fetus, and that it manipulates human emotions as well, which was my theory of why humans act like viruses.

6. Op said more resources. U mean more resourses expended? Bc idk of any resources on any of the planets besides earth

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #27 Nugagerube, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2015
    And what bacteria or viruses are there on the other planets? U guys r confused or forgot that these planets are uninhabitable. We'd have to bring everything . And yea we cud bring diseases but i hope if we were to move to mars we'd send healthy , intelligent ppl who can help expand the colony not get sick, cough all over the enclosed land and spread Aids. Hopefully when we colonize Mars in 2024 we thought of that by then. Wed also have to bring oxygen.

Also if the sun dies out being on another planet won't stop u from being killed as a result of that event that will prolky not happen for another 109,030,036,345 years

Also colonization is such an ugly word.
    That dude that said send the ocean inti space now that's an idea. But idk how the fuck we could do that. That's sooooooooo much water seems daunting

I think he's talking about planets in other systems

9. Space travel is for machines. Unless we, humans, evolve into machines. As stated previously, bacteria on other planets would kill us. Plus, if we were machines, we wouldn't need oxygen or water, and could tolerate a wider ranges of temperatures, so finding the garden of eden in a sea of stars wouldn't be necessary.

10. there are shit tons of resources beyond earth

-yuri

11. Yes, then we can send all the republican conservatives to go live there and play with themselves.

12. To be honest i just dont see it happening, there's no sustainable planets close to us that can provide life and the way we are living is not sustainable AT ALL ! This planet won't be around for much longer with our daily lifestyle and with global climate changing and intense water usages i give it 50 - 100 years left at most ! 
    [​IMG]

Virus : an infective agent that typically consists of a nucleic acid molecule in a protein coat, is too small to be seen by light microscopy, and is able to multiply only within the living cells of a host.

Went to the doctor today and she told me I had an inflamed nucleic acid molecule. Need a protein coat treatment.

I'd describe us more as parasites.

14. Or if we find the wrong planet and the human race gets enslaved by alien creatures.

15. It's possible we are already enslaved...

16. #36 ElCentroCABoy, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
    The planets that 'Might' support Life are several lifetimes away...  with all of the issues affecting mankind's interaction with itself on this very planet why are you ever so willing to invest away from what should be focused on here?  IMO it means you have given up. 

How many trillions of dollars will it take to reach such a distant possibility when you could give $150,000 per inner city Utopian and buy their love for others right here, and right now?  ~smile 

The dream of reaching another planet would require your accepting such a huge investment that YOU will never attain in your lifetime...  it rates right up there with us not wanting to blow each other away with nuclear weaponry.  [​IMG]

As for the "Send the Conservatives away" taunt...  This Conservative Armed Christian Veteran of a huge standing Army of 21.3 million other Armed Christian Veterans say's...  go for it.  In the meantime... enjoy your freedom of speech to taunt our side.  You need us...  We do not need you; we can do just fine without you... but are we never leaving this nation... there is no other place to run to...  So how much more should our side have to give to coexist with you?  We want an answer...  we have been waiting for that answer since 1964 and the War on Poverty that only creates more poverty.  We are not going to give you all of it.   So find that compromise...

17. #37 Nugagerube, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2015
    oh. Well I thought we were being realistic and not indulging hypotheticals. Sure let's travel to another solar system. In 45,578,478,464 years approximately.

do u me in beyond earth like the Sid Meier's Civ game? cuz if so hell yea.

But what resources? Usable ones? Do u mean moon rocks ?
    Better question: ones that we can get to?

18. Pure water
    Usable metals and ores
    Natural gas

Earth is made out of the same stuff as the rest of our system.

-yuri