Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

From kief to hash - the beginners attempt

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by toddyboy, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Hey bladez recently I have been watching vids etc regarding dry sift hash from either buds or sugar trim/leaf. I dont actually grow myself but I did collect an okayish amount of powder from some white widow cross jack herer. I tried the old style method of wrapping in cellophane and then wet newspaper. Apply pressure with iron for no more than two or three seconds at a time for a few minutes.
    Tbh im not sure if I put too much wrapping as it didn't seem to get the ridgedness from the heat but it is malleable enough to roll into a slight ball.
    This was my first time trying this process so there will be issues to "iron" out.....

...see what I dif there !

Some pics for you guys aswell !!!

Attached Files:

2. Bump

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Bump! I want a beginners guide or a link to a beginners guide please! (For making hash from kief)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Get a pollen press

5. There's really not much of a benefit to pressing it.  It's a little easier to store but the powder form is much easier to put on bowl or into joints.

6. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1394504919.509913.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. tbh when i made this it was just an experiment !! a pollen press would have been more efficient but i wanted an "older" method to try out. Thats the same for a lot of things tbh i spent ages trying to use old fire making techniques until it worked :)

8. Looks like you didn't iron it long enough. I use the cellophane/newspaper/iron method and have come out with some decent looking presed-kief hash. I wet the newspaper then iron it on low, flipping it, until the newspaper is dried out.

9. I have a mini flashlight thats a homemade pollen press. Makes kief hash bricks or pucks. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422589223.118571.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1422589440.404084.jpg
    They sell them online for cheap

10. I love making kief hash personally, and I try to do it as much as I can (can't get no damn solventless hash around here). Here is what I do:

Supplies:

-Iron with variable heat setting
    -Parchment paper
    -Newspaper
    -Glass of Water
    -Obviously some kief (I don't think its really worth doing it with less than a gram or so)

So you put the kief in the parchment paper (never cellophane- at least I wouldn't want plastic in my hash)
    and you fold the paper into a small square. You want the paper to form a tight little envelope around the kief. Next you wrap the parchment paper in newspaper. You want the envelope to completely close off the parchment paper, and again, tightly. So here is where the water comes into play. You must quickly dip the envelope of parchment paper wrapped tightly in newspaper in the water. You do not want to soak it, just merely dunk it to give it a moist coat. This is so that it doesn't burn under the iron. Now, you set up your iron on DRY and at LOWEST HEAT, and iron over the envelope for 3 mins on each side. Make sure to keep the iron moving, and give it an occasional "rest". 

Now here you can do one of two things: I usually get too impatient and just do the first thing, which is to unwrap the hash and smoke it (for me, in a rolled norwegian shag cigarette. I am not going to waste my precious hash on a bowl top.) Or, you can put it in the sole of your shoe for a day or two to make it a bit more pliable. After that, all I'd say is make sure you got munchies on hand ^.^ 

11. Exactly what I do with saran wrap instead of parchment. It didn't seem to affect the hash but I did wonder if that was safe, but I mean it's not really that different from putting plastic wrap over food in the microwave which gets significantly hotter.

12. Yea brother, I personally choose parchment over saran wrap because parchment paper is a less adhesive surface. I recently lost 2 grams of biodiesel crumble because I tried to put it in plastic :(

13. The cellophane never got hot enough to melt so there was no issue there !!

14. Ah shit that sucks! I'm gunna give parchment a shot next time I press kief.

15. When it comes to bho and that kind of hash/oil always stay away from plastic.
    But for kief pressed hash or whatever you wanna call it can be done with plastic just BE CAUTIOUS that the plastic dont melt !!

16. Well when you use the iron method outlined above, you use a LOW heat setting to prevent that. But yeah, if the plastic melts then your hash is gunna bbe unsmokeable.

17. I know that man.
    I only mention it incase someone is trying it for the first time !!