Thinking of becoming homeless

Discussion in 'General' started by Omega369, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Get a nice video camera and record everything and make a film. Im being serious

2. I'm actually a female, regardless thanks for agreeing. Some people forget what life really means. Go explore fall in love with this earth, we have no boundaries !! Do your thing peace and love to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I lived out of a car for a month. It wasn't so bad. I only had like 700 bucks for the month, but I stayed with random online friends and traveled along the east coast. I had my cell phone with me for texting purposes, but this was before smart phones were a huge thing, about 4 years ago. I had quit my shitty Sonic job and just went for it. Went to new hampshire, and then all the way down to New Orleans. Your biggest issue will be that the price of food in one place is completely different to the next. in NH ramen was cheap, but in diff truck stops it was like 3 bucks per packet.

There's a documentary on netflix, called Craigslist Joe. you could try watching that to get a better idea of things?

4. I went through a similar phase. What I found is you don't need to give up your day-to-day life just to experience something new. Travel is popular with stoners and non-stoners alike. Plan a short trip to a place you really want to go. I went to San Francisco, stayed in hostels, ate all kinds of different food, smoked a bowl on Hippie Hill and even met up with some Internet friends that turned out to be pretty cool. 3-4 days of that and I was ready to go home.

Don't give up your job/stability just because you want to experience something new. :smoke:

5. #65 Buddha_Man, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2014
    Soooo becoming homeless is the answer to these problems? How about a change in diet and finding some new interests? Surround yourself with positivity.

Like, everybody has to put their 40 hours in dude. This idea that we shouldnt have to work for "the man" is incredibly fucking stupid. Even though America isnt the model for a perfect society, we have a lot of fucking freedom. You can be anything you want in life, and IMO, being a drifting bum isnt what you should wanna be.

There has never,ever been a perfect society dude. Just pretend like its perfect and youll be all set. Keep your dreams alive.

If you have this feeling that you need to get way for a bit, then take a camping trip or go hiking for a day. Go to the fucking zoo and look at the caged animals to remind yourself of what you have. Go swim with the fucking dolphins. See, you can do that kinda stuff in America.

6. How priviliged you must be to choose homelessness. If someone chooses to be homeless while I choose to get a job, they shouldn't pan handle. You chose this life. Don't expect me to pay for your choice.

This makes me mad that I gave a bum 5 dollars a couple weeks ago. I hope he fell on hard times and didn't up and live on the street.

7. I wish i had the balls to do this. If you're gonna do this, do it now. The longer you wAit the more you will become anchored to society and its norms/ expectations/ pressures. Live the life that all of us dream of. FREEDOM! :respect:

8. Maybe you should have all the bums fill out an application before giving them your money. God forbid you help out the undeserving ones. :confused:

9. I think some people are misunderstanding the OP when he says "homeless". He's not choosing to be a bum, he's choosing to go on an adventure and see what else there is to life besides working a 9-5 job and living up to societies expectations. I envy him for preparing to do this, and I plan on doing the same thing one day. 

10. I have a feeling you didn't read any of my posts at all and based your response purely off my title...

I'm not trying to become a homeless person living on the street, panhandling for money. This is more of a spiritual journey to see life people usually don't see; the people who work everyday until they retire, become too old to do anything, then die. Pssh..."privileged", please.

To the guy saying how the USA structure is perfect and I should just do my time working for the "man" and just convince myself I like it. Godspeed to you as that doesn't sound perfect at all. It sounds like the life of a slave only making only enough to survive, put food on the table and a house over my head. A mindless cog turning to work the bigger picture, make rich men richer.

11. Thank you, this is exactly what I'm trying to accomplish!

12. because you would die?

13. ok

14. #74 fruitality, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2014

if you believe as you have believed, you will continue to act as you have always acted. if you continue to act as you have always acted, you will continue to get what you have always gotten. if you want different results in your life, you must change your mind first 

15. So you will be a fake homeless then. Other homeless alike will look down upon you!

16. worth a shot dude if i were you id just try it out for a year, worth the experience i guess!

17. I'll be pursuing the same goal soon enough my man! Best of luck to you. Personally rather than just go on endlessly, my dream is to move somewhere far in the mountains, have a small house just big enough to fit my needs, and just live comfortably and at peace. Grow crops and do things of that sort to sell at farmers markets for the money I'll need. Oh and grow my own herb of course  :smoke:

18. don't forget your pocket pussy or your prostate massager

19. why do I get the feeling of you not thinking this through. Change has to start with you. A dramatic change like this won't be easy to adapt to. You probably already knew it or not. I mean, doesn't hurt to sample that kind of lifestyle but think your way through. Look at the bigger picture and second guess if you really want to do this

20. Man that sounds awesome! Do it!!!!