your opinion of hunting

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by CaliforniaKushes, Mar 1, 2014.

1. #41 MisterNatural, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2014
    Thanks for the reply D. I was curious because feeders are legal and widely used in a lot of places, some of my friends use them (I rarely hunt deer anymore). Here, you can even use them for hogs on private property which is really like shooting fish in a  barrel. Now that you've explained, I applaud your effort. I have little patience or sympathy for "sportsmen" who operate outside the law. They give us all a bad name. keep up the good work brudda.

2. no problem.... 
    and i do understand they(feeders) are acceptable in some places..... yet to my mind.... it takes the hunting out of the hunt....
    like you said...fish in a barrel.....wtf is the point?
    idk... i enjoy wondering these same woods i hunt in all year round ....
    finding where the bucks have been rubbing their antlers thru the spring and summer....
    hell i do alot of hiking.....and none of it is on "people trails"
    i either make my way where there are no trails..... or i am following deer trails everywhere i go.....

some people are just lazy.....
    want to reap the reward without having to do any of the work....
    people like that is why we have grocery stores.....and processed food.... so they dont have to do the work themselves....

whatever...... sorry to ramble but i am sure you get were i am coming from....

3. uh how is setting up a feeder any different than putting a tree stand near a natural food source?

you're a thief.

4. #44 dirtydingusus, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2014
    comes down to who you ask and where you are hunting.....
    where i am it is illegal as well .....
    the big difference i see.... is there is no hunting involved with a feeder..... someone once said to me... regularly fed deer are no longer wild game.... they have become livestock and shooting them at the feeder is as much hunting as going to the farm and shooting a pig at the trofft... 

wishing someone would come say so to my face.....
    please....

5. Lol, bring all of the shit you stole to their house then, tough guy.

I've sat in front of a feeder probably thousands of times and not had ANYTHING walk by, let alone anything worth taking a shot. Maybe that's why they're legal here.

It's no different than a deer going to it's usual eating spots during the day, you're just moving the spot to your advantage.

6. i disagree with you ....it is not the same... and if you come set up a feeder anywhere i hike.... i will do the same.... destroy it the first time mydamnself.... which is kinder than what i will do the second time...let there be a second time and i will walk the game warden out there so he can handle it..... nothing like a handful of fines......and the loss of ones hunting license/privileges .....

also... i am not hiding from anyone....they know where to find me.... and have no problem running their mouths in town about having me on video.... if anyone had the balls to come talk to me... they could have had their stand back months ago....
    not my problem...

also... if they felt they were in the right.... they could have taken their video of me "stealing" their stand to the law and reported me....
    of coarse... they know the trouble they themselves will find if they do such a thing.....

so again... come see me about it....anytime at all....

7. #47 gentleman, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    LOL, okay, tough guy.

What a joke.

Clearly you have a problem with threatening to fight people for no reason.

8. no one ever once said you need to agree with me....
    yet you are also not going to change my mind....

tell me what makes it a joke?
    the fact that i just dont see things the same way you do.....

what i have told you is what i think and how i feel....
    i act on what i think and how i feel....
    a choice i make...

why does it bother you..... did some tattooed asshole with a ponytail.... smash your shit and take down your stand? cus if so it may have been me..... and i may do it again next year....will have to wait and see....

9. #49 gentleman, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014

Uh because you keep telling me to come to your house so you can presumably do something violent? And anyone else who disagrees with you?

The way you think and feel is wrong. I didn't come here to change your mind, I came to call you a thief.

And touching my feeders wouldn't happen because I don't share property. Even if it did, you can bet the police here would be more than happy to come haul you away, especially since all of the ones I know are hunters themselves.

:bongin:

10. first i have no violent intentions.... but would love to have a conversation with these guys....
    second these guys wont call the law on me because it was them who were breaking the law....

the way i think and feel is just that.... the way i think and feel.... your opinion does not change that... and i still dont feel like a thief....
    still would do the same thing again and again in the same or similar situation....
    and would still give these assholes their stand back if they had the balls to come and talk to me...... that simple....
    never said i had any intention whatsoever to do anything violent..... that was an assumption on your part

11. All this talk of legality. I have never gotten my head around following game laws and regulations. I hunt ethically but don't give a flying fuck what the government has to say about it. As long as I hunt within what I know as ethical bounds I really don't give a shit what the law has to say about it. To me it is arbitrary and not worthy of my respect.

12. this is too true. let someone wring a chickens head or slaughter the cow they raised or even just kill a deer and they'll have a whole new perspective on the value of the life they put on their plate.

13. Killing an animal for sport? For fun? That disgusts me. Why are you taking the life of another creature? Why are you causing it pain? I wish a more intelligent life form came from space and started hunting and eating humans. Then we might understand how animals feel. I feel bad for the animals. I don't think hunting should be legal. I don't get why some people can't find something to replace their desire to kill animals. Go smoke. Have sex. What is going on in your mind to justify killing an animal just chillin?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. How does all that rabbit food Taste. I hunt to fill my freezer while most folks are to fat and lazy to harvest their own food. How about you go down to your local factory farm and tell them how you feel.
    Move along

15. animals hunt each other all day. which includes humans

when they catch each other they get ripped to shreds by teeth and claws

16. #56 dirtydingusus, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2014
    Hey just so we are clear i am not quoting you to insult you.... just saw this meme and was reminded of your post.... i actually agree killing them for sport is bulshit.... but do hunt for food! Just the way you worded your post reminded me of this...not what you said but how...
    [​IMG]

17. Well look what we found on turkey opener.

Attached Files:

18. I live to hunt and fish.
    I'm a class A assistant guide in this game rich land and eating wild game is where it's at.
    As for the bear not being good to eat - that's BS, interior bears (grizzly and black) that don't get into the fish are fantastic eating.  Coastal grizzly (Brownies) are also good table fare when taken in the spring, but don't even think of trying that in the fall - they smell like a dumpster full of rotted salmon then.

Attached Files:

19. i was in juneau when i got that advice..... southeast alaska..... 
    that and my native friend told me the tlingit consider it bad luck to hunt the bear....
    of coarse some of the bigger nastier brown bears wonder round up there in some place ...or so i am told... i had no problem with them myself in all my hiking.... would pass them by all the time... or have them just walk by..... not bothering anyone....and saw plenty of them doing dumb shit down town not bothering anyone at all....

20. I want to shoot a charging grizzly in the eyes with a bb gun.