your opinion of hunting

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by CaliforniaKushes, Mar 1, 2014.

1. I am a fishing lunatic, have been since I was old enough to cast a line. When I lived in Illinois one of my favorite things to do was go out and sit in the boat with my buddy drinking beer and catching a load of gills and crappie and then take them straight home and fry em all up for a feast. Nothing like a good ol bluegill slaughter.

2. I hunt everything around me, deer, turkey, quail, pheasant, dove, squirrel, rabbit, ducks, geese, hell even frogs. I fish more than I hunt but don't eat fish from indiana except salmon and perch from Lake Michigan. All the fish i eat comes from further north where the cooler water makes them taste better.

I do hunt for sport because i enjoy hunting, but I always eat my meat. With the exception of birds pretty much being blown up upon shooting (it happens) and the occasional squirrel that gets their guts blown up. It's never on purpose but as a hunter you run into those sometimes.

The only one i do purely for sport is coyotes..... We have way to many around me and they are killing the rabbit and ground bird populations. I've killed them with a 40 which is always on me, 17, 12ga, and an AR. But when we kill them on private property that we hunt and fish we just tell the neighbor and he gets them and skins em.

Pretty simple, I'm a very avid outdoorsmen. I eat what I kill and always release the bigger fish to fight another day.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Hunting for food to eat: 100% fine
    Hunting for sport: (unless small game/pests) I dislike

4. I get a kick out of city folk telling me how to live my life. No real need to try and explain it to em, they wouldnt understand. Sportsman do way more for the environment then animal rights people anyday.

5. Wing shooting nut. I duck and goose hunt about 60 days a season. Upland game is always awsome. Turkey season starts here in a few weeks. Got a few long beards picked out on the property.
    I will bag my 1 buck a year to fill the freezer. No feeders or bait for that. Amateurs do that like in all the tv shows.
    Love running the hounds on those varmints and desert dogs.

Attached Files:

6. i completely support hunting for your food, i just hate how my friends just kill animals because they get bored

7. Hunting for food is alright with me. Just killing shit is fucked up and takes a certain kind of fucked up person. I do think the playing field should be leveled though. For example if someone is hunting deer he should only be allowed to use a knife. Now that shit would take some real skill

8. You're friends with rather sadistic individuals, OP. The vast majority of hunters don't kill for fun, nor approve of those who do, so you're not exactly going to get a bunch of people chiming in, "oh yeah, that shit's the best! I love killing animals and leaving them to rot!" Ask for opinions on hunting, you'll get opinions on hunting :p

And since this seems to be the only living hunting thread, anyone else excited for spring turkey season? :)

9. #29 Sgtstadanko707, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
    It's going to be to easy this year.

Attached Files:

10. this place right here. i should be going next fall. http://www.cahilloutdoors.com/ White Mesa Ranch. aiming for Auodad. kinda like a giant goat.

[​IMG]

i dont know if i would use a bow or not...

11. I want to take down a bear with only my fists, I'd wear it hide with pride if I actually did something like that.

I never hunted and probably never will though, I'd rather kill another human for fun than a poor animal. 

12. Come on. 3k acres fenced in in Texas. Will you shoot them off the feeders to. Those places are a joke.

13. Smashed a feeder near a tree stand in the woods near where i stay...
    And took down dudes tree stand....
    Baiting them is not hunting....
    I did all that in front of their trail cam....
    Heard they were talking shit in town... but won't nobody say shit to my face ?

14. Nice. Texas hunting is not hunting. We just call it killing for fun. Takes not skill or talent to harvest a animal that way. It should be outlawed like it is in most other states.

15. Yeah... i put my time in tracking everything around me... when i get back to the laptop will post some tracking photos....

Up here in the Catskills we do get some rather large white tails......

16. rabbit on the plate.... [​IMG]often one can tell not just where everybody is traveling.... but what and how well everyone is eating as well.... especially the bears....tho i do not hunt bear.... when i was in alaska the tlingits i hung out with said they consider it bad luck to hunt the bear.... and they also told me there is nothing worth eating on the bear..... i learned alot about them while i was there.... spent a couple weeks on admirlty island which the natives call fortress of the bears.... so yeah...
    anyway... me tracking local black bear and deer and whatever else happened along... in the catskills....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

also...find other things along the way when i am out ... like wild grapes and blueberrys...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

most of these images are from me out hiking round......
    except the little black bear here he was in the front yard one morning.... so i went out and asked him wtf?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Your avatar makes so much sense now lol.

18. Why did you do that? Were the feeder and tree stand set up illegally?

19. Humans have hunted for most of our existence, and there's no real reason to stop now. IMO, a skilled hunter that can kill an animal quickly and then takes the carcass to eat is much more humane than industrial farming practices where animals have little to no living space.

I do have an issue with those who hunt purely for sport/power, killing animals with no intention of using their body, and simply leaving the corpses to rot in a forest then going home and bragging about the number of animals' lives they meaninglessly ended.

20. yes....
    it is illegal and immoral to use the feeder.....
    i took the tree stand in hopes they would come looking for me to get it back.... still have it waiting for someone to grow some balls....
    remember i did all this in front of their trail cam and they have me on video.... or so they claim in town....
    now should they come talk to me... i would happily give them their stand back....
    after we discuss how there will be no more feeders ....
    and how next time instead of dealing with it myself i will involve the game warden.....

not only is it immoral.... it is so ridiculously unnecessary...  
    there are so many deer....
    a few hikes thru the woods and you can find where to set your stand so the deer come to you on their own..... without luring them in to shoot them while they are at the feeder you set up.....
    fuck their are half a dozen of them in my back yard out my window everynight....

baiting is not acceptable where we are....

i am sure there may be times and places where it is necessary and acceptable..... this isnt it...