Get ready for WWIII guys, shits bout to hit the fan.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Vicious, Mar 1, 2014.

1. It's Pandora's Box, dude. It wouldn't be the same without fear mongering. In Politics I simply posted "Russia invading Ukraine". You guys go on so much about conspiracy that I had to embellish something that is actually happening a bit.

Really though, the stand-offs we've recently been having with Russia, mostly concerning Syria and now this certainly set the tone.

2. Hopefully this blows over. Russia had some really terrifying chemical/bio weapons, we found the facility but almost none of the product or research. And this was over 50 years ago. Shit has the potential to get seriously FUCKED up.

3. Pftt, yea the states has a way of involving themselves into everything.

4. We've had a peace treaty with them for 10 years. We've been involved. This isn't "war on terror" world policing shit. This is the same kind of treaty shit that pulled everybody into WWI.

5. I'm just hoping none of the Asian countries start shit. We'll be the new terrorist stereotype of the generation.

6. this is very scarry i hope nothing happens i really do .

7. Just another proxy war with russia by our corrupt government/ central bankers. The EU/IMF central banking cartels want to suck Ukraine dry, just like they're sucking up greece,spain,france,italy etc.. and they want that seaport in the black sea. so the same stuff as usual, we need ukraine to fall to the debt of the IMF/central banks.

8. Ameeeericaaaaa, fuck yeah!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. "There will always be wars and rumors of wars," so says the ancient bible, which at least in this case, has proven to be an accurate prediction.

I grew up during the "Red Scare," and we periodically had air raid drills in school where we had to hide under our desks or something. There were public bomb shelters here and there and some people built their own bomb shelters in their back yard. The entire nation was damned sure that the Soviet Union was going to invade us at any moment.

As I learned, mostly after the Soviet Union collapsed, most of the above fear-mongering was just Washington hype. Government always needs an enemy to demonize in order to keep people afraid and dependent.

Once the Soviet Union collapsed, people were talking about a "peace dividend" which was to be a big tax refund or reduction because there was no more global threat. Government get smaller? No way Jose! We'll find another enemy and they quickly did -- "terrorists." As far as negative effects on us citizens, the "War on Terror" is much worse than the "Red Scare."

There is absolutely nothing one can do about a government wanting to go to war, so just sit back, relax, and be an observer.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. --  H. L. Mencken

War is the Health of the State. -- Randolph Bourne

10. I get where your coming from including your contempt but I don't see the point you're trying to make in this situation, just like in the other thread. Observing is just what we're doing. As someone who understand the geopolitical climate in that area for the past 10-20 years you should very well understand the ramifications this will have. There is no enemy or political scare on this, it's hardly been on western media at all.

It comes down to a country that just won it's independence after months of violent revolution against a pro-Russian state that we had treaty to protects border's. No more than a week after liberation Russia occupies it's borders in a way paralleling Georgia with implications to annex Crimea against their will or more. This has nothing to do with Washinton, hobgoblins or fear mongering. With Russia's recent actions and Putin's aspiration to bring be like Stalin and bring Russia to it's former glory, we are very much falling back into a Cold War sans the nuclear scare.

My point? This is what governments have always done and will continue to do: make war on each other. It's the biggest of all government programs.

There isn't a damned thing you or I can do to change it -- aside from abolishing government.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference."

12. I've been watching Fox News all day to see what's up and it seems like Russia's just like fuck you America you're on the other side of the earth and we just had two subs pull up

To be honest I don't see them pulling out now. That'd be like me putting a condom on ready to fuck this hot ass chick and right as I'm about to go in I leave.

And why would you do that

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Well, if this hot ass chick's boyfriend showed up, I wouldn't be staying.

14. #35 Dryice, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014
    Does anyone remember the Soviet Afghan War? Jesus Christ. It's not WWIII.

15. Honestly this is the first time there has been a thread about something so globally relevant, where the responses are all pretty fucking insightful. I might actually have to read all of this.

16. #37 Vicious, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014
    Are you implying abolishing government would somehow change the system? Would it change tribal fight in the middle east, Irland, africa? You said Washing is what threatens world peace. Where the fuck is this world peace you're talking about? You're only taking moral high ground and accepting indifference under religion and an ideological stand point. Apathetic acceptance overall enables the situation.

I'm not saying this will be it, I'm saying it's adding fire to the flame. History tends to repeat itself. Does anyone remember when Hitler invaded Poland? I mentioned earlier I was being satirical with the title you read the thread. Anyone with a basic understanding of world politics should understand that, it may not be now, 5, or 10 years but we are in a Cold War with Russia. Not to mention active involvement in the middle east, have treaties with Israel and China and Korean don't really like us. Shit is wild right now and a very interesting time in politics.

17. Sometimes You gotta do something a thousand times wrong before you can get it right :p

18. I just always assumed since everyone's always stoned it'd be more like 2 or 3,000 times.

19. I only post this pseudo-intelectual bullshit when I'm obliterated.