Russia invading Ukraine, currently holds Crimea

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Vicious, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Crimea  will be Russia's it already is basically all but officially. The rest of Ukraine will be run by the globalist bankers. 

2. Just wait for the boycotts and international condemnation.

3. Yeah, so did half of Europe. Doesn't mean it was rightfully theirs.

4. Right now president Putin has legal approval to take action with Russian forces. I have heard some news about how the US is responding but I don't know how the UK will answer. I am hoping cooler heads prevail.

There, fixed that for you.

On the topic:  It isn't my job nor anyone else's to police the world.  Unless Russia is attacking the US or committing extensive crimes against humanity (I would argue that war is a crime against humanity, but just war alone doesn't call for US intervention) I see no reason for our involvement other than condemning it.  What Russia and the Ukraine do is their business. 

6. #28 MRCRONIK, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014
    Truman made it our jobs after ww2. That's where we messed up with the Truman doctrine I wish we could have continued our isolationism after the war but nope A-bombs changed that real fast

Who Dat!

He didn't make it my job.  If only our own soldiers were willing to ignore ignorant orders and ideologies.   Yes, give me isolationism.  I think the only way I'm going to get that though, will be to join my buddy Forty Winks up in "Oh Canada."

8.  You are on the ball today brother. :laughing:

Hell, it's their DUTY to ignore illegal orders. Unfortunately assholes have the power to change the law to their benefit. I might have to smuggle myself across that border. Or go to Mexico..Hell, it won't be long before some enterprising Nation does for them what we have done for Asia in order to exploit cheap labor and lax environmental laws. If China keeps growing at the rate they are...it very well could be China outsourcing their manufacturing that we have outsourced to them.

10. #32 MRCRONIK, Mar 1, 2014
    I just think our current gov. Could do a better job on enforcing that doctrine, only intervening when it's absolutely necessary, we need to turn our focus back on America & fixing what we need to fix here before we go out and try to fix the world

Who Dat!

11. Cuz the US is badass like that aha

12. Again, this is not some "War on Terror" trying to police the world with here. It's a decade long treaty we were suppose to honor that we are pussying it out on. I do not think the U.S. should go into Ukraine but the results should be clear. If we go in and fuck with Russia as the treaty permits, it could drag us into a war just like the treaties dragged the Axis and Allies into WWI. If we ignore the situation Russia will 'liberate' and instil a puppet government while smaller independent nations will amass and begin stockpiling strategic weapons again.

I understand what Russia is doing as I feel the U.S. would do the same given if Guam or any other U.S. territory revolted, had no government and felt the need to stabilize the situation. The difference here is Ukraine just achieved Independence from a Pro-Russian state and will be damned if they want another one stepping in.

I'm not a huge fan of Vise but I recommend this to anyone who thinks they know the situation in Ukraine.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eTuFAR169s

13. So the US gov. is supposed to honor some piece of paper they wrote to Ukraine decades ago, but wont honor the Bill of Rights they signed hundreds of years ago?

14. #36 Vicious, Mar 1, 2014
    I thought you guys would be better at fallacies than this (declaimer: I'm not dissing you goob, you're a damn good blade). We're talking about international relations and politics, not constitutional civil rights which is an completely different issue.

I'm showing how the US gov. only cares about being opportunistic, its not about honoring anything.

16. #38 cball, Mar 1, 2014
    why is it an invasion when other countries not catering to the USA dictatorship do this sorta thing but when the USA does the same OR WORSE it is a 'police action' or to 'get the terrorist'?

I don't know...sorta get this feeling...
    [​IMG]

17. If Russia takes over the Ukraine, again, that's a good thing. 

18. Why is that?