Taxes on pot sales

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Museyarp, Feb 28, 2014.

1. #41 Lowrider82, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2014
    They don't have the supply to fill the legal market. Its demand and supply that is driving the prices. Once that supply catchs up the prices will come down. Economics 101. And if you say the taxs are high, well yes they are but that can always be changed. Sorry if I insulted your intelligence...

2. Yeah, the tax amount will change when the stores stop rump-humping the customers, other than that, don't be surprised in they try to raise the tax - the cops are now asking for additional money due to the additional manpower required.  I agree with you on the supply and demand, just that it's rather disgusting seeing "legal" weed being sold at twice the price of the street. 

3. It's a gamble but as far as I can see from within CO, I doubt the citizens will approve of additional taxes. IMO not likely.

Very likely, however is that various dept's and organizations will be trying their best to become, "The squeekiest wheel gets the oil." from what tax revenue is available.

Get ready to celebrate springtime in CO with dirt cheap green prices. The "water level" at the floodgates is building as we speak.

4. #44 Sgtstadanko707, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2014
    Citizens did not approve this ludacris tax and yet it was still implamented. What would stop them
    From raising them. They don't care what the people want. They don't need it approved by voters anymore just like with what they are trying to do with the ca med system. A totally overhaul that will just get signed into effect. Is that what the ca people want. Hell no. And this is all a direct result of co passing a fucked up bill. What effect will co legalization have on the rest of the country. Now we can see. They are just setting up for one giant cooperate monopoly.

You must not have been in the weed businnes for very long. When do prices go down. During the flood. When is that. During the fall when 100lb crops are coming down. Not in the spring and the summer when the inventory is even lower or your payin for overpriced indoor. Supply was already " low" to justify high prices. I wouldn't hold your breath on prices going down anytime soon because they are still making a killing.

5. The citizens already approved the taxes and if I'm not mistaken, the tax rate set may not be the max allowed by law, which gives the regulators free reign as to raising them. 

You are entitled to your opinion but it's just that. The citizens did approve the tax, did want revenue to go towards self-regulation of the system, did want money for school construction and so on.

You have a very negative view against legalization and although you are entitled to it, don't be surprised if the rest of us choose to not pigeon-hole ourselves into such a negative reality. YOU are not a fan of legalization and therefore any type of it = horrible idea.

Others prefer to do what can be done to spread awareness, trying to get legalization implemented in the "proper way."

And FYI the inventory shortage in CO upon release of recreational cannabis was not tied to the harvest cycle, although I understand your point. The shortage was specifically caused by restrictions inherent to the rollout of the recreational program, were short term, have been lifted.

I will still be preparing for low low prices :smoke:

That is very interesting if so, I'll have to check into that. Thanks for the heads up.

8. Douchebag politicians in Maine, seeking ways to close millions of dollar "lost somewhere" shortfalls, are contemplating raising MMJ tax from 5% to 15%. So they, in effect, are going to drive medicinal users BACK into purchasing from the black market and shitty dealers. I grow my own and hardly use the dispensary (which has excellent different strains and highs but even with my veteran discount it's $160 or more a half) but for those that rely on growers or dispensaries and can hardly afford the bullshit "high" prices charged now are really going to suffer. I really despise politicians... 

9. you wrong

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I drive better when I'm high. They won't catch me I'm the ginger bread man!

11. hopefully not, our kids are smarter than us and have way more common sense. they will need it in the crazy uncertain times we live in and they will not take crap from organizations pushing them to be a certain way, they know who they are and what they need to do just get out of their way so they can bring in the new age of healthy humans