Need Sum Help Before I Go To The Hydro Store

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by josephspare21, Feb 28, 2014.

1. If you think they need some N I might consider picking up some alfalfa meal and/or chicken poop and tossing that in the brew...

Sent from my Galaxy Note II. I know you bitchez be jealous.

how much per gallon

3. I have no idea lol. I usually just toss half a handful into 3 gallons being brewed.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II. I know you bitchez be jealous.

for sure :smoke:

What kind of soil are you growing in, and how have you "fertilized" up until this point?  Depending on how long your plants are supposed to flower, what you are experiencing may just be normal "fade".  Pic's?

they are in ffof and ya just a tiny bit I really don't use much nutes at all for any of my grows

the plants are 40 days in flowering and from what I read from people growing the same strain its about a 9 week strain so I know it needs a kick in the ass of sum (N)

I will get sum pics.

7. #28 josephspare21, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014

I took a chance and ordered the 5lb bag of worm castings from ebay: (it will be here in 2 to 3 days)
    http://www.ebay.com/...=item1c3ca88ec9

8. #29 josephspare21, Mar 1, 2014
    ok so I also ordered the New Sample Pack! it comes with:

$10.00 free shipping

http://www.neptunesharvest.com/samplepack.html

NH Liquid Fish Hydrolysate(4oz)

NH Liquid Fish and Seaweed Blend(4oz)

NH Liquid Seaweed(4oz)

NH Dry Crab Shell(2~3oz)

NH Kelp Meal(dry/granulate)(~3oz)

• Like Like x 1
  9. #30 josephspare21, Mar 1, 2014
    I still got to get the alfalfa meal and will tomorrow so I will keep u all updated

also I am thinking about getting a little submersible water pump and sum hose so I can cut the hose short enough that when i connect it to the pump i can make a half circle in the bucket so it makes a whirlpool

If I make a 2 gal batch how long will it last before I have to throw it out?

ACT's are best used fresh, within 3-4 hours after the tea is finished brewing.  Past that point, the microbes have used up the available oxygen, and begin to die off.

I time everything so that I can apply it as soon as it's done brewing.

11. #32 josephspare21, Mar 1, 2014

very good info thx

what do u think of the submersible water pump idea cuz i am planning on using cheese cloth ball filled with worm casting etc... and having exces cheese cloth outside the bucket with lid on bucket. whirlpool + oxygen

so far I am at:

1. air hose / air pump / bucket (water pump / hose)

2.cheese cloth or mesh bag
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3.Worm Casting's

4.Fish Hydrolysate

5.Alfalfa Meal

6.Unsulphured Molasses
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anything else?

can I use any of these with above products cuz they are coming in my sample pack or just stick with the above products?

NH Liquid Fish and Seaweed Blend(4oz)

NH Liquid Seaweed(4oz)

NH Dry Crab Shell(2~3oz)

NH Kelp Meal(dry/granulate)(~3oz)

12. also is there an easy recipe for organic veg and bloom nutes with the tea above? there is just so many recipes out there

13. #34 waktoo, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014

First of all, did you visit the site provided by Gandalf' in post #19.  It has all the answers to the questions that you've already asked, and then some....  http://www.microbeorganics.com/

I cant' help you with a 5 gal' bucket design.  Never made one.  I've built two vortex brewers.  I can say that submersible pumps are probably not a good idea (this info contained in the link provided).  They tend to be a little rough on the development of fungal mycelium, according to Mr. Tim Wilson (MicrobeMan of GC fame), author of the site.

I don't use teas to feed my plants, so I can't help you here, either.  I build the simple tea alluded to earlier in the thread to grow microbes, and that is all.

Having said all that, I'd do this.  If you really think you're dealing with N deficiency, you'll want to top dress your pots with a slurry of EWC, alfalfa, kelp meal, and water.  But before this, brew a half strength batch of ACT (half all ingredients, whole amount of water, same brew time).  When the tea is ready, top dress with the mix, and water it in with the tea.  Use all of the tea equally divided amongst the plants you have, and then use regular water just until you get runoff.  It might be a good idea to flush your plant before doing this as you've been using chem' nutes.  Make sure to let the pots dry out some (your normal dry between waterings) before adding the mix and using the ACT.  You don't want to drown your roots.

I know, you're thinking, "How much EWC/kelp/alfalfa do I use for the mix?".  I couldn't tell you, I've never had to use a slurry.  There are recipes out there.  Time to utilize that search function.  Try starting with EWC slurry, or some combinations using the other stuff. 

'Course you may get lucky and some grower with that answer will chime in...

14. I don't measure but I use about one or two tbl spoons each of kelp,alfalfa and neem meal to a cup or two of Ewc enough water to make it liquid. let it set overnite or a few hours stir when you can.
    put a half inch layer on and water it in.

Twas Ever Thus!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Microbe stimulation.

J

• Like Like x 1
  16. First of all, did you visit the site provided by Gandalf' in post #19.  It has all the answers to the questions that you've already asked, and then some....  http://www.microbeorganics.com/

the link dose not work.

cant' help you with a 5 gal' bucket design.  Never made one.  I've built two vortex brewers.  I can say that submersible pumps are probably not a good idea (this info contained in the link provided).  They tend to be a little rough on the development of fungal mycelium, according to Mr. Tim Wilson (MicrobeMan of GC fame), author of the site.

very good to know so no pump then.

don't use teas to feed my plants, so I can't help you here, either.  I build the simple tea alluded to earlier in the thread to grow microbes, and that is all.

I know u cant feed your plants with it, it is more I want the tea like above but also I want 2 separate organic recipes (Not to use with the tea) that I can use for veg and flowering that are easy to make.

Having said all that, I'd do this.  If you really think you're dealing with N deficiency, you'll want to top dress your pots with a mix a slurry of EWC, alfalfa, kelp meal, and water.  But before this, brew a half strength batch of ACT (half all ingredients, whole amount of water, same brew time).  When the tea is ready, top dress with the mix, and water it in with the tea.  Use all of the tea equally divided amongst the plants you have, and then use regular water just until you get runoff.  It might be a good idea to flush you plant before doing this is you've been using chem' nutes.  Make sure to let the pots dry out some (you're normal dry between waterings) before adding the mix and using the ACT.  You don't want to drown your roots.

I know, you're thinking, "How much EWC/kelp/alfalfa do I use for the mix?".  I couldn't tell you, I've never had to use a slurry.  There are recipes out there.  Time to utilize that search function.  Try starting with EWC slurry, or some combinations using the other stuff.

I will be looking today for a slurry recipe.

Oooooh, sexy!

• Like Like x 1
  18. @ joseph'

The website is still up and running, and the link works. I used the one in your last post. Have you tried entering in the URL manually?

just got it to work very helpful info :metal: