Marijuana triggered deaths of two men, study says *PROPAGANDA*

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by chzdgg, Feb 28, 2014.

1. what a joke! not to mention...

don't even get me started on the fatality rates on 99% of the pharamaceuticals out there!

wow!

2. #3 Bill O'Really, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2014
    I don't know....I read it, and although WE know...It looked like a middle of the road piece with a leaning towards..."we should warn people that there may be dangers...BUT, alcohol and tobacco are legal and way more dangerous."
     So I ain't gonna get bent out of shape about this. I think it was a fluff piece, and might actually spur some positive conversations around the water cooler. People need to get used to the idea that, yeah, it is a drug, and there are dangers associated with drug use. However, the dangers of Cannabis use are far less then what can be attributed to legal drugs already used in mainstream society. It is a common sense approach to legalization. And this article on it's face may seem like propaganda, but I think the underlying message is a step in the right direction for us, as users.

It's the title that seems offensive, but once it draws in a reader who may be anti-MJ...they may find out it is subliminally changing their perception.

3. Funny how all of a sudden people MAY have had heart complications from weed..i smoked it for 10 years with congestive heart failure/a-fib just fine and 4 years with a heart transplant..wheres my news article about how i didnt die

4. Well... due to the lack of CB1 receptors in the medulla oblongata, respiratory or cardiovascular failure is not physically possible in the manner that ODs are with narcotic drugs.

Along the same lines, "toxicity" claims of cannabis are absolute BS also. Psychoactivity is not the same thing as toxicity, although many misleading articles imply that it is. We can't phsyically consume enough cannabis to generate "toxicity" at any relevant levels.

There is a reason that technically speaking, peanuts kill more Americans per year than cannabis - I believe it's 4 vs 0, per year.

This article came about because it's the best they can do to highlight the "dangers" of cannabis. IE there is no credible evidence of danger, the best they can do is mislead the public into believing that cannabis played into the role of deaths of men who had serious, pre-existing health issues and dangerous lifestyle habits. Sure, drug abuse killed them, but it sure wasn't cannabis.

I have high blood pressure. Usually areound 180(ish) / 100(ish)...+/- either way. But when I'm high...I can feel my heart pounding, and hear it in my head...but when I take my BP...It's usually lower while I am high. Not the same after a cigarette though...lol

6. #7 lightnup, Feb 28, 2014

Some studies to prove your point would be nice, otherwise just your opinion.

7. Pretty soon they will have someone who is on their deathbed who smokes some cannabis and then dies.

Headline: Cannabis killed him.

Meanwhile about 50 people per day die from Legal prescription drugs.

8. #9 Bigfoot14, Feb 28, 2014

That's because MJ dilates the arteries & veins, giving the blood more room to flow......whereas cigarettes constrict the the arteries and raise your bp....

The dilation of the arteries & veins (and resulting improved blood flow) is one of the major reasons people with MS (multiple sclerosis) get relief from their symptoms when they use MJ 

9. I know, but.....Sshhh! That sounds like it would work better for me than the shit my doctor wanted to sell me. Big Pharma can't have that...lol. It is also the only thing that works for my Cluster Migraines.

I know what you mean.....my wife has MS,  it took me years to get her to try MJ,  and now she's mad at me for not getting her to use it years ago......she has cut her pharma drugs by about 1/3,  gets better relief and it costs less......

The shit they gave me for CM's gave me kidney stones, and turned me into either a disconnected zombie, or a raving lunatic. Sometimes in the same day...Yeah, I won't take anything pharma anymore. I'm surprised I still have a liver and haven't stroked out yet.

12. I can't source it, but I read an article recently where Big Pharma was pushing the FDA to let them decrease the amount of side effects they currently have to put on TV and in printed ads...they say it's just confusing to the consumer and usually ignored...right..

13. Same here.

Yep. That's also why it helps with diabetic neuropathy and diabetic retinopathy.

Sent from somewhere over there.
    No, not there...over THERE.

14. This how you got that stick up your ass?
    [​IMG]
    Now go fuck off back to yahoo forums....

15. I thought marijuana lowered blood pressure

that's 50 local people in a USA city? :confused:

17. Speaking from experience, if you smoke too much it can exasperate issues that you've already had. So no, it's not cannabis that causes the issues but it can make some more apparent.

A buddy of mine also had to stop smoking for a little bit as he was having serious problems. He found out the issue was he needed his appendix taken out and smoking made that issue more apparent.

But nope, it's not because your smoking this wonderful plant.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. #19 lightnup, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2014

Nationwide.
    I simply googled prescription drug deaths annually (somewhere around 17,000) and divided by 365.
    I did read of 20-30 deaths from heroin in one city very recently, it appears to have been mixed with fentonal and makes for a deadly combination.