Christian Stoners

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by smoothcriminal7, Feb 28, 2014.

1. #21 Finncept, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2014
    Sounds like you have a strong belief, Im interested to know if you were raised by Christians? I was not, an outcome of this has lead me on a path seeking sirituality and something to look out for me. I found God (in a way) possibly not your God, however that depends on your thinking. Do you believe in God being the universe and everything? We are part of the universe, created by/within it, here's my favorite part. Effectively, you are Jesus, you are Afolf Hitler, you are a 6 year old Chinese-peasant from 460BC, you are every human and everything, you are the universe.

I hope this opens your mind and hopefully some sack will be tripped.

2. I will share about myself a little: grew up Catholic, left them because I saw that I was getting convictions from the preacher rather than my own. Rastafari then got my attention, but I never believed that Jesus was reborn in Haile Selassie I, so ended up in the States. Got invited to study the Bible and got baptized. This is the best decision that I've ever made. Mind you the denomination that I go to is very Bible centric, but that doesn't mean that they accept cannabis. Almost all denominations reject cannabis because of Romans 13, submission to the governing authorities. There are many scriptures that say that you will find God ONLY when you seek Him with your entire heart. There is another scripture in 1 Peter that advise us to be sober so that nothing can hinder our prayers. Now keep in mind that there is a big difference between what the Church that Christ established more than 2000 years ago and what we have today called "church". Most people worship temples rather than God, and most people follow religion rather than faith. The true church is the Body of Christ, and this is the people that believe that Jesus is the Son of God, died on the cross for our sins, was raised to life on the third day, and will return to claim back his own. I'm a anabaptis, but not in the historical way (anabaptist believe that you must be of accountability age to be baptized and saved). I follow the scriptures, not a minister or a preacher as we are all created equally in the eyes of God. The model of the true Christian church can be found in the book of Acts. Now, keep in mind that the Bible has many scriptures about your freedom in Christ, but it warns against using that freedom as a way to sin. My next couple of posts will be about some replies that I have posted in the past concerning the issue. It's a sad reality, because Jesus said that the only way to show the world that we are His disciples is by the love that we have for one another, but religion and denomination is the true reality of "divide and conquer"...

3. Funny you say that, as I am a Christian who is not afraid and ashamed of my faith, however, I will start by saying that right here the majority is not willing to debate christians because of their stubbornness. I understand that it is hard to fight years and years of brainwash education and religion, but my approach to educate those christians that reject cannabis is using the STANDARD of the Bible, not their denomination. Denomination and religion is what got the Pharisees against God in the first place, choosing their selfish ways vs the will of God, and see where they ended. It's the same pattern today, so if you want the support of christians, grab a Bible and refer them to scriptures about: Jesus calls all food clean (Mark 7:1-20), No judgement between one another (Romans 14:13-22), and no judgement by what you eat and drink (Colossians 2:16-23). The ONLY scripture that can be used as a support for cannabis prohibition (Romans 13: Submission to the governing authorities), but to fight this we all have power, show them Genesis 1:29 about the fact that God created all plants for us to use as food and medicine and He said that it is good, another scripture to support this claim, Act 10:9-16, when Peter has a vision from God to kill and eat and Peter denies Him because he never has eaten anything unclean, but God rebukes Peter by saying that everything God created is clean. Show them also scientific research, debate and test their faith, as it is a part of Christianity. Challenge them, as a true Christian walks by faith and follows God's standard found in His Word (the Bible), not by going to "church" every Sunday and be led by another man's conviction and follow man made traditions...

4. first of all, the biggest problem with "religious" people or "christians" is that they rather find a shortcut to salvation or follow the opinion of a clergy man rather than study, read and practice where the source of Christian faith is: God's Word a.k.a. the Bible. A church in society is no different than a fraternity or sorority or social club, but the Church that the Bible speaks about is the group of believers that have a common faith and live for God through Jesus Christ (Acts 2). The Bible speak against certain things that we should abstain from (read the book of Leviticus), it also mentions alcohol in the sense of not getting drunk (and since the bible encourages to have self control and to avoid overindulgence) we all know what happens when a person gets drunk: you loose control over your entire self, doing things that normally a sober person wouldn't do; but those who have experience or consume cannabis can testify that you do not lose control over yourself. Besides, there are SO MANY SCRIPTURES about what is sinful and what not in terms of consumption of things, so I will provide you with some scriptures: Genesis 2:16-17, Mark 7:1-23 (Jesus explaining that it is not what enters the body that make a man sinful, but rather what comes out of the heart),Matthew 15:16-20, Romans 14:22-23, Colossians 2:16-23, amongst others. The only reason a Christian can say that marijuana is a sin is in Romans 13 (submission to the governing authority), and beside, we are protected by the constitution in the right of privacy and any Christian cannot call anything that God created sinful or unclean.

5. Any disciple of Christ who reads and is familiar with both old and new testament will know that in the Jewish Law there were things that would make a person unclean, for example eating flesh with blood in it, unclean animals like the pig and camel and others, and getting drunk (it was allowed to drink but not to get drunk). In the New testament Jesus's first miracle was turning water into best wine. Jesus explained to his disciples in Mark 7:1-20 that anything that enters the body passes through the stomach and out of the body, He explains that what comes out of the heart is what makes a man unclean, like Mark 7:20-23 He went on: “What comes out of a person is what defiles them. 21 For it is from within, out of a person's heart, that evil thoughts come-sexual immorality, theft, murder, 22 adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23 All these evils come from inside and defile a person.” Also, in my experience you drink and get drunk, and see if you are still in total control of your actions and reason, however, with marijuana not only I'm conscious, I'm still able to praise God, love and be faithful to my wife, and do my best to Love God with my all and love my neighbor as myself.

6. I hope that these replies can give you some idea of where my convictions are, I will forward one more post and that's it, as I really don't want to hijack your thread, one more thing, Paul said that if you do anything with doubt, you sin. Overindulgence is also a sin, so I pray that God will lead you closer to Him, but you have to seek Him with your very best. Only then you will find Him.

7. A real christian walk with God, not with temples. And follows the Word rather than man made traditions (ex. Jesus vs. Pharisees). If you want to read grab a bible and read on the following scriptures:
    Genesis 1:11-13
    Genesis 1:29
    Matthew 15:10-20
    Romans 14:13-22
    1 Corinthians 6:11-13
    Colossians 2:16-23

8. I'm so happy to see this post! And you're right, Jesus isn't very popular on here, is he?

I too have mixed views on smoking pot. But lets face it.... smoke no matter what is bad for your body. And your body is the Temple of Christ. So... you do the math.

HOWEVER

Edibles are a completely different story :)

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

9. Marijuana is the most natural "drug" out there it seems like nowadays. I'm a saved Christian and I love to get high. I look at it as, pot helps me with my depression and helps with the side effects of my antidepressants. I feel like being a Christian and smoking pot is fine. And anyways, the Bible says one should not judge others, right?

10. I struggled with my Christian faith and smoking weed for about 35 years. I was taught it was wrong. I judged others for claiming to be Christian and smoking pot because I did not know better. The struggle left me praying directly to God for Him to set me right on this. I asked God to remove this from my life if He thought it was wrong. I tried for many years to abstain. I finally gave up trying to get "approved" by other Christians for my smoking weed.
    I love Jesus and i like to smoke weed and I am tired of feeling ashamed!!
    If God don't have a problem with me smoking weed then why should I care what other christians think?
    That has been my stumbling block all along, looking for the approval of others rather than look for god's approval or disapproval for that matter.
    I have found in just the past year that so many different denominations in the Christian religion alone all have different ideas and dogmas to go by. There are way too many stupid ridiculous rules and standards to go by that it seems impossible to satisfy anyone on earth anyway.
    Screw what other folks may think. What do you think of yourself? Don't waste your life trying to find a way to please God and people. It just isn't possible.
    I look at the Bible as a basic training tool, the rest is LIFE living experience and learning as you go.
    God Bless and would loove to see discussions like this more often.
    NaNa 

11. I like to think if God in terms other than the institutions that portray him. I think it's all very simple. Be kind to others, be happy, don't judge, etc. Weed helps me do that better. And I have just begun to smoke weed in my late 30s. I WILL NOT ALLOW AN INSTITUTION OF ANY KIND TO TELL ME THAT MARIJUANA USE IS WRONG OR A SIN or anything else. It is only a problem if it effects my relationships that I hold as a higher priority than weed. Wife, kids, etc.

Rev. William Benjamin Jäger
    Ordained Dudeist Priest
    Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. Is being a Christian and smoking weed really that counterintuitive?

I know plenty of Christians who toke. Doesn't seem weird to me.

13. To me I see it as God gave us the world to do what we want( except sinning) so he gave us every animal,plant and everything else. There's actually a verse mon about God giving us every herb to use so to me it's all good and it's one of God's gifts to smoke weed. And btw I'm glad to see that there's another Christian here on GC even with all the hate that goes on here it's whatever we jut gotta ignore it. That's the one thig I dislike about GC is how many people hate Christians on here.

14. Perhaps stoners do not like most Christians because they speak with forked tongues.

Sent from my EGP008 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. The bible says to follow the law of the land and it also says remain sober

I don't see how you can call yourself christian when you pick and choose what rules to follow with a flimsy justification like "I don't think jesus minds, he only cares about important things like murder or gay marriage!"

16. Being a Christian has nothing to do with making sure you follow rules. We have 10 commandments, the bible also says if you are to be drunk be drunk at night and sober during the day. You see God has made us all imperfect human beings, he'll always love you even if you don't follow a rule, if you know it's wrong and truly feel guilty God will be leading you where he wants you to go. That's how anyone can be a Christian even with the most evil impurities, because no matter what God will always love you and remind you of the gospel. My two cents as a proud Christian.

17. There's a saying "Man made beer, but God made weed."
    I think it's applicable here.

18. Tell Jesus I said what's up for me.

To do less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

- Steve Prefontaine

19. Jesus said "The greatest commandment is to love one another as you love yourself" and He said "hang all the laws". 
    Next point, Jesus says not to call anyone "Father" for that is what we call God our Heavenly Father. Do you call anyone Father other than God? guilty! Are you a woman who speaks in Church? shame on you for not following the rules in the Holy Bible. Do you wear make-up? guilty! Do you sit on seperate pews in church? oh you are so naughty! Do you pray in public?  ommmmm Im telling God you sinned!
    Do you brag about how good you are as a christian?, Guess what? your glory has been given to you,,,for there won't be any glory for you in heaven since you took your own glory.
    Final point. Why did Jesus die?
    He died because we can not measure up to God's Commandment...(to remain obedient)or sinless. He died because us mere humans just couldn't get it right. He died for ALL OF US FOREVER. He died so we could live. He dies daily with us because we fall short. The purpose of the cross was that we could recieve His Grace Forever.
    As far as picking and choosing how to obey God,,,there are more real lives and situations today that we cannot refer to the Bible for answers....thus try listening to God with your ears and try speaking to God with your own mouth using your own words and see where it gets you.
    Im not saying the Bible is enadequate but I do know the catholics wrote the Bible to fit their politicians sinning ways to justify their actions. They polluted the Bible....don't be fooled....google it.
    I challenge you to get a red letter Bible and just read the red words.....You Will Be Surprised!

One other thought.
    We are to be sober?  Are you clear minded (which is what the Bible really says) or do you have worries about work, family, friends, lovers, bills, medical histories etc,,,,,,,,,then you are not clearminded. You are to be 100 % focused on God and nothing else,,,,again I ask are you clearminded?  I thought not.

God Bless
    NaNa

20. Smoking is ok as long as it doesnt change your mind and make you sin.