Making a deal with the devil.

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by vanilla bean latte, Feb 28, 2014.

1. #1 vanilla bean latte, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2014
    I kinda put this together in my head. Robert Johnson, a blues player from the 1930's. You should look him up, great music. He really didn't become famous intill a rerelease of his recordings in the 60's and Eric Clapton playing some of Roberts songs.
    The myth about the crossroads in Mississippi and meeting the devil there and becoming a master at guitar. Well that myth is based on Robert Johnson.
    What I find interesting is that Robert died at the age of 27. There is controversy on weather or not he was left handed. But he may have been left handed.

Now using what I know about the white lighter myth. Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrex, Janis Joplin, and Kurt Cobain all died at the age of 27 and each one left handed. Robert Johnson, the one who made a deal with the devil to become a master at guitar, died at 27 and also left handed... Coincidence?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. would you make a deal with the devil?

3. No.

Sent from my HTC One X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. !!!

Sent from my HTC One X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Hang on.shut the front door, i thought they all died from drug overdose? Something called the famous 27 err something along those lines

6. #6 semprfidelis, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2014
    There tons of famous/talented people who have died early. I promise you that the 27 is just by chance. It would be different if all these talented people kept dying at 27 but just looking at the ages of people's death and out of a million people you see 3 people that died at 27 and assume it was a deal with the devil? Nah

7. It's called illuminati. You find them ad make a deal with them, they get you famous and money and all you want, you just have to do everything they say or something like that. Many would argue me that illuminati aren't at all evil but I believe that's just they're way of manipulation power. To make you think they are good when in fact they are terrible.

8. Not trying to be a dick... but re read what you have typed, you talk about the "illuminati" as if they are virgin records. There isnt such thing, trust me all these organisations that you guys think are owning the world like the freemasons are just clubs for middle-age men that want to feel important, nothing more.

9. Haha dude get more informed they actually do control many celebrities that want fame, so obviously you don't know what your talking about.

10. #10 Kush cookies, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
    All the males in my family are masons, my head chef is a freemason, my best mates papa was head of a masonic temple. Trust me im informed.

Id be willing to have a read over your sources though, never a closed mind.

11. Honestly bro not to be mean but what is a mason? I never heard of them. But same with me I would like to learn more cause being open minded is prolly one of te best decisions I made

12. Btw I forgot to quote you :p so just look at my reply above this one haha my bad

13. The free masons are a "brotherhood" that require complete and utter trust in each other, they raise money for local charity's and help others that are less fortunate, but because some of their joining rituals are secret, the Americans have jamp on it and called them illuminati, the only real thing I could think of that are close to a so called "illuminati" are the 0.5% that hold well over half of the wealth in this world. People like David Lesar, Jim Yong Kim, Christine Lagarde. Just a few its about keeping the rich, rich and the poor, poor. Not some plot to take over the world.

14. The political system stay as far away from messing in their affairs either as its these guys that are funding congress, hence why no body is giving a shit about fracking and all these sink holes that are turning up.

15. If we expand the 27 club to include right-handers we have:
    Ron "Pigpen" McKernan from Grateful Dead, Brian Jones from Rolling Stones, Amy Winehouse and a plethora of other artists.

It's a strange phenomenon but I remember reading a study about it. The most logical conclusion is that 27 is merely an age where many humans have been in an advanced stage in the cycle of addiction or depression for many years by this point and so, naturally, people at this age have a higher statistical likelihood of dying.

16. if you want to be this masterful guitar player you speak of, PLAY. and tap into your creative consciousness, quit fuckin around with phony rituals.

illuminati and satan wont make you a better guitar player. but learning to play from the heart and soul damn well does.

17. Making a deal with the devil,
    Won't get you a toy and a happy meal,
    Yeah it's a crappy deal.

18. Holy shit, it's like the deal he made with the devil was to be reincarnated into a bunch of legendary musicians over and over but only if he still died at age 27 every time. And was left-handed every time too apparently haha

19. Who the hell would choose this life over eternity?  Patience is a virtue.

...and op was just a coincidence.

20. Lol the illuminati. The forces controlling our current society aren't big bad scary groups like the illuminati (even though they dont exist). You want to find people that are really controlling things wake the fuck up and start looking at lobbyist, corrupt government officials, money's influence in politics, large corporations and hedge fund managers.