Can someone explain the concept of Aetheism to me?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Gonzopoly*, Feb 28, 2014.

1. This might be a little off topic but I dont belive in any religion but I do believe that there is something higher than us and I believe in some type of life after death what does that make me?

2. #82 yurigadaisukida, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    Nothing. You are just a person with beliefs.

Religions and lables are silly

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I also see it as arrogance. We are so awesome that we can't be a product of chance. quote unquote

4. Atheist don't believe in any sort of god or deity. 
    Mainly because the whole idea of a super natural god and after life are ridiculous.
    Religion is the ultimate comfort for those who are scared of the unknown. Most Atheist have come to terms and accepted that death is the end ,so we abandon our fairy tales passed down for the past 2000+ years. 

5. can evolution and the Big Bang theory be proved by science?

6. . What about your offspring

7. what evidence?

8. . Cause maybe they may be right?

9. This thread is 8 months old.  You already have this topic going on in recent thread.

10. #91 yurigadaisukida, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014
    saying God might exist is like saying unicorns might exist

Can't prove it wrong but fact is, its made up by people.

-yuri

"It can't be proven as fact, but I'm telling you it's fact anyways." Is literally what you just said.

12. no. no its not.

What I'm saying is that being agnostic is akin to believeing mermaids can exist.

Yes they cant prove they can't, but they were still made up and.you know it. So there is no rational reason to even accept it as a possibility

-yuri

13. fact is is that you don't know, exist or not. Just like you said, right
    point being?

14. . I left that thread be for awhile to give others chance to talk. Thing is, it kind of died for awhile when I left. Can't help that now can I lol

15. Yes! So much yes! Religion is man made :p Either someone with high social power dictating their own beliefs as truth or people who weren't prepared to put thought into what they solely believe and decided to say "I believe whatever he believes". Hmmm, maybe it's a class thing. Since there's been a pyramid of hierarchy and those at the top's views are seen as more important, it clouded the views of those who saw themselves as not as important as them. Everyone has their own views so the idea of a collective religion is wrong and can be damaging to earth as a whole.   

16. My opinion is

there is no real God of the universe/galaxy in the sense that most people think of aa god

The so -called god/s we are familiar with are false light beings whose purpose is to distract us from our true purpose, and to trap our soul energies in this 3D reincarnation experience, where it was originally intended as an incarnation experience (one time)

The Creator is not ego driven.

Any so-called god who epects worship and sacrafice is not your friend

People do make deals with this false light god, buy willingly selling their souls for wealth and fame.

See Galactic Historian fo begin your journey bacck to soverign

17. Atheism is the realization that God is a man made concept. the revelation that by its own definition God can't exist.

God can't be proven wrong by science. But you CAN prove that it was made up by humans and that its definition is self.contradictory.

Believeing in god iis just.... insane, for.lack of a better word

-yuri

18. I don't know that crackheads leprechauns aren't stealing rain bows either

But I can still say with 100% confidence that they don't exist. Just like unocrns and God.

-yuri

19.  The only difference between main stream religion and the second coming of Jesus in a mental hospital is that one has billions/millions of believers, and the other has none.