Fens outdoor SIP perpetual grow

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by fenabar, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Chef, if you are in the US, you can get cocoons at a grow shop for a couple of bucks.

You just put the cocoons in the saddle of a brauch and when the temp is right, they hatch.

A couple of hundred in each cocoon, and they stick around.

2. #442 Head Chef, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014

3. I would love to be in the USA but I'm in England buddy.

Cocoons for praying mantis?
    Awesome!

Chef.

Headchefs indoor and outdoor adventures! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-

4. I know herb :)
    He swings by on my thread from time to time👍
    Also the UK Growers unite thread.

Havnt see him about ina. While tho.../

Chef.

Headchefs indoor and outdoor adventures! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-

5. Here's some pics, I'm going to be moving indoors unless I can find a solution To some light issues I'm facing.

Attached Files:

6. Better have vaulted ceilings for that redwood fen!

7. I'm going to be moving the whole set up indoors because I'm getting light issues.
    So converting the garage is my next step. I'll keep the organics and SIP. I love the simplicity.

8. Sounds interesting :)

Chef.

9. Dry triMming the last sour OG plant.

The Sativas are looking sad. I feed them today with the bioMarine, aka, squished squid.

These will be the last of the outdoor stuff. I simply don't have a good location to do it.

I'll be moving the super soil SIP into a grow room. .... as soon as I build it, lol

Attached Files:

10. Mmmmmhmmmm, finger hash!

11. Are you going to build on the same spot?

Did you feed the sativas lots of cal/mag?

You should try some slh or hazc, ftw.

12. I'm going to build a simple enclosure around a space in my garage where I now have the mother/clone room. Come next summer I'll have to get an AC, but over the winter using the light to heat it at night usually works well for me. I'll be making the indoor room I am now using for my rDWC winter grow into a permanent t-5 veg room. I'll be taking the 600W from in there and move it into the garage space where I'll scrog under the light. I've yet to solve for light stress going from t-5 to 600w HID but I will :) 

I'm going to be leaving the SIP I set up where it is. I have tomatoes, beets, garlic, and some smelly flowers planted there now. The 50 gallon is empty, except for soil. And the other two have the sativas. I'm getting light stress on them, and that's most of their problem. I wouldn't be surprised if they are hungry too. But the soil I used is good and should be fine. I also topped it off with compost, ewc, kelp, and lava rock dust shortly after planting. That should have feed it, if the soil wasn't enough. But adding the squid couldn't hurt, so in it went. 

Peace,
    Fen

13. I made an infused coconut oil today. I added some extracts from peppermint, vanilla, and anise. It came out nice, and now to see how well it works as a topical balm. If it works as well as I hope I'll get some coco butter and some bee's wax and make it into a cream. 

I also took the weed I used to infuse the oil and soaked it in some 91% iso, then filtered that through an old t-shirt, and put it into a small spray bottle. That too came out nice. It retained a bit of the oil like i hoped so it doesn't dry the skin. 

Much of the garlic I put in one of the 10 gallon pots has sprouted. That was a lot faster then I expected. The beets in the 100 gallon only sprouted on one side of the pot. I found an old potato under the sink with roots started on it, so I planted it in the empty side of the 100 gallon. The 10 I had the Roma tomatoes in wasn't getting any direct sunlight, it was mostly getting shade. So I swapped it out with the 50 gallon. FYI, 50 gallons of wet soil is freakin' heavy. 

Everything I have in my veggie garden is doing great. I'm going to have a nice winter harvest in a few months. 

14. This coming week I'm going to move the flowering girls indoors and put them under my t-5s so they can finish flowering without anymore light stress.

I have so much stuff to do, and this time of year makes my body ache. This makes me put stuff off, and now it's piling up.
    It's worth all the effort, my place is looking good

15. I hear ya.  My joints, knees, back, all hurt from the weather change.

Good luck with the room building.

I swear one day I'll have at least a half of a two car a garage just a grow room...  4k   :metal:

16. Yo fen!,just checkin in,looks like all is well in your neck o the woods, cant wait to see the garage project come together for you,bro.

17. Today I started in on the garage conversion.

I put an outer cover over the clone room that makes it light proof. I still have to do this to its door.
    I made the framing for the ceiling by using adding a board and a pipe to the existing rafters.

It's a start.