Heavyweight Auto - 300w LED Soil Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by TheCaptian, Feb 27, 2014.

1. I read up on autos and seen a few journals with and without transplanting, seems autos don't like to be messed with during preveg, hurts the harvest. LEDs are cool man, whenever I open my tent for a quick peak, it turns into 20mins of me just sitting there and staring lol.. they're great for small tents in rooms without returns, no need to have dryer vent running all over since they give of less heat than CFLs and can compare to HID if you stack up on the wattage.. I probably have no idea what I'm talking about right now since I'm a little drunkers but yeah LEDs are awesome lol.. just watch out for knockoffs and try to get something that's full spectrum, or if you get something all white like A51, use T5s during veg to get some blue in there.

2. hey Cap im doin a auto grow now with the green 300w led from that company now with cfls(bought direct from china lgled) so how far is your light now still 10" mine are at 16 but want to lower but heard the spectrum might not mix right and could hurt plants thininking bout going down 1" a day till i see stress. subbed!

3. I'm thinking of switching to led. But i have a small tent. How close would the tops be able to be to the light because my plants now are within 1.5" in some spots.

4. #24 TheCaptian, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
    Day 30

So day 30 from seed and the LED panel from TopLED seems to be living up to my expectations.  It's a shame this strain is VERY sensitive to nutrients.  They both suffered from nute burn due to using FFOF, my next grow I'm going to run the same strain in Happy Frog with an additional panel.  I figured this would be a good test case to see how just one 300w panel performs from seed to harvest, I'm not expecting a good yield from this grow anyway since I'm guessing they're stunted from the hot soil. We'll see..

The one on the left seems to have recoverd and has already started to flower, it's nice and stinky in my tent :yummy:.  The one on the right has gone from bad to worse, I don't think she's going to produce much in the way of dank budness.

Hopefully I'm wrong and they both grow out of this funk they're in, either way this has been an exiting ride so far with this new panel!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. hey Cap urs are still better than mine though my 2 that are 3 weeks look like urs on the first week and i over fed as well my leaves look the same or prob worse bout to drop 2 more ak47's tom nite wish me luck.

During seedlng stage, I kept it 3-5" from the soil line, since then I've been keeping it about 10" from the canopy.  I'd say don't go any lower than 10", you may actually want to keep it further if you are using CFLs in addition to LED.

With LED, your going to want to keep your canopy as level as possible with either LST or SCoG, LEDs can't penetrate as well as HID.  I've seen grows using two panels both on 45 degree angles which apparently increases penetration.  You should make the switch man, you won't regret it!!

7. Hey cap I meant to kno if u kept ur grow and bloom lights on or just grow to start?

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. One thing about autos is that they grow beyond wild some grow short some grow tall so it's sometimes a pain in the ass with the lights.

Autos are better outdoors just imo

Sent from my N9100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

look at my small tent..do u think i could have a couple small LED's  at 45degree angle? the tent is 30 inches wide by 36 inches high..i usually flower in a 2 gallon pot and top the hell out of it and lst for even canopy at about 2 feet high..so how close within the 12 inches i have to work with can maybe two 90w LEDs the round ones be?

I have the full spectrum model.  I was a little worried during veg because of all the red, but it worked well imo.

Autos are good anywhere man, I usually throw one or two in an empty area of my tent in a solo cup or something but I don't have 3+ mo for a photoperiod grow, moving soon and looking to fill my jars asap :smoking:.

Idk dude you just have to give it a shot.  It's mostly trial and error, LEDs are an investment and you really have to do the research on spectrum, actual wattage and different diode manufacturers to make an informed decision. 

With somethig that short, I'd just use 2700k cfl.  90w ufos draw more like 50w so if anything use them as suppliment light.  I think height differential has more to do with 5w diodes giving off more lumens per watt than 3w, so you can keep panels with 3w diodes closer than those with 5w.

11. Great grow Captain, you are running a similar setup as i have planned.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M931 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Looking good cap. Subbed can't wait to see the results of your work. I'm looking to led soon just can't make up my mind on a light just yet. I research things until I'm blue or rather :green: in the face.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Nice grow man!

14. sounds we got the same size tent I just got my 96x3 watt led from top led and I just threw it on my one plant scrog at aboit 10 inches fro the canopy... my plant seems to be loving it hope she flowers out nicely.

15. Yeah I got the 96x3w doin 4 plants in coco pretty well for 150$

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Happy 420 errbody

17. What happened?

18. yea im lookin for an update bad man im running an apollo 300w led multi-band on 2 snow fruit seeds and a bag seed in a bum grow set up but controled n im really interested in this strain under the same type of light..

but am haveing nute n gnat issues but handeling well nun the less but next pics will be mid way into flower

Attached Files:

• 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      743.6 KB
      Views: