Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I only get high for like an hour?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by mikethecop, Feb 27, 2014.

1. You're probably just only equating high to when you're peaking and/or for the short time afterward you're still high as a kite. Everyone starts coming down quickly, and you're probably just operating under the false assumption you'll remain at your highest for a very long time.

If you really just aren't high at all after 45 mins, you need to smoke more or get better stuff. If that doesn't work, you simply get different highs than most people, which is unfortunate in this case. T-Breaks will help, but ultimately everyone reacts differently. No one on here can really diagnose you as only you understand how high you get. I wish you luck

2. This oh this. I can smoke bowls with my girlfriend and I can be good for hours where as she enjoys the benefits of a constant high every hour or so. I can take a hit, feel the wind up which takes a couple minutes/a couple seconds to come up then the high can peak for 15-30 minutes then the plateau lasts for maybe 10-20 minutes before it comes down which is why most highs last for an hour or so. You can try breaking, hash, wax, edibles to make it better. Lots of alternatives to just downing your fluffy dank. Of course mixing all those suggestions is good too. I've gotten into timing my highs and found the average is actually 45-50 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. and the douchebag of the forum award goes to

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  4. I only get super high for half an hour to an hour when I use my vape - which is ideal for me because that's my main method of taking it and as I'm using it medically 3/4 of the time, I don't always desire to be super ripped. I need to be able to function and get on with my day.  It's also a clearer and more functional high. 

If I smoke it, might be totally couch locked for half an hour, then pretty solidly ripped for two hours or so, but then be high (but able to walk around, etc) for the next few hours. If my actual desire was to get high and not just to medicate, then I smoke it.

5. Op i think you are feeling the intense buzz from MJ for the first hour and then maybe feeling the downer, so you are presuming that you are no longer high when really you are. You just dont feel that intense high no more as it has worn off.
    I very much doubt after smoking everyday for 2 years that weed will no longer effect you, even if it has been potent weed.

6. I'd just take a break. Then once that break is over, find some nice wax and get yourself feelin good  :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Change up your strains. Smoking the same shit everyday for a week will have you feeling like this.

• Like Like x 1
  8. That's what I said earlier, change of strain always does the trick.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I have had to stop smoking multiple times for weeks and sometimes months. Every time I start smoking again it lasts longer but I have never understood how people can have a second "first high". It has never happened to me.

10. #51 zaikowebs, May 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2014
    I was planning in making a thread about this, but I'll just post it here first.

I wouldn't dare call myself the inventor of this, cause I really don't know if anybody else has done this.
    I sometime do this thing called " Club Sandwich" and it's basically weed and hash stuffed into a pipe.

I called it " Club Sandwich" because what you have to do is super grind your weed until it turns powder, and stuff one third of weed to your pipe, and then sprinkle little bits of hash and with the help of a pen, push and compress the weed and hash, and then just repeat for two more times having three layers in total, hence " Club Sandwich". Super simple.

Now, this is the tough part (lol not really) you will take a huge ass rip until you burst out coughing and your lungs burn ( yes I know this suck but believe me that coughing your lungs out is a key element to this) You will repeat this for at least one more time.

One of the biggest high I've experienced without needing strong strains or wax.

Try it and see if this helps

11. Yeah I rarely stay baked for any longer than an hour or so, a t-break might be a good thing but for now I think i'll just invest in smoking danker shit haha  :p

12. me too bruddah

13. smoke more whenever needed

pretty much... i find if i sit and think about it, i'll psych myself out into thinkin' that i'm sober, whereas if i just chill and roll with it, i'll realize that i'm still high x hours later haha

15. With the greatest of respect, that sounds like a waste of weed and hash and completely not what I choof for........I grow to avoid the symptoms you describe and I get high as a mother fucker.....part of it is knowing how to grow and the other is ensuring you grow at least three different strains........also discipline....smoke every second or third day, I personally smoke Friday and Saturday night only...

16. Yea the high high will only last that long if you are smoking that much not counting the come down. It will only get worse, the only options would be concentrates, stronger ass dank or a t break