Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I only get high for like an hour?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by mikethecop, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Or instead of a T break, (witch doesnt really work, after about a week or two you will be right back to normal) T breaks just bandaid the real problem, Your CB1 and CB2 cannabanoid receptors are probably not working to the fullest, start taking fish oil, it contains omega-3.
    You need omega-3 to for the production of your cannabanoid receptors, if your body is low on it (witch it mostlikely is, since the average american diet severley lacks it, and smoking weed makes it even lower, When you are low your body will jimmy rig the receptors with omega 6 and your tolerance goes up.

ive been taking 1 gram of omega-3 (3 fish oil capsules) a day for a month now and my tolerance has dropped considerably, and my highs are lasting much longer. I smoke 2-4 times a day and i used to use 2 grams or more a day, and now i smoke less then a gram a day, but still smoking as often, and im higher longer, i smoked a small bowl from my metal pipe about three hours ago, and im just coming down now. 

2. I didn't know u can be higher than that I smoked everyday though and if I need to smoke again I will ... Try edibles

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

[​IMG]

4. Here are the options you have:
    1. Stop using paper/pipes or anything dry and start using a bong or bubbler.
    2. Smoke double of what you do
    3. Inhale your smoke very deep so you can absorb it to it's full potential
    4. Take a break(1-2 weeks) 

I reccomend buying a decent bong preferably with a 6-slit downstem, the bong will cost 25-60.

Good luck and I stop using dry pieces when my tolerance rises.

5. Apologies mate....don't mean to appear out of no where but, this thread and comment popped up as I logged in and I think I may know the problem.

This happened to myself and a group of the boys who used to smoke together many years ago and what we realised is that, even though we had a choice of four dealers to get on from, they all had the same weed...........and if it wasn't exactly the same it was not far off, generally indica dominant, couch locked, dregged out, no energy, sit inside all day on the most beautiful of days and just zombify !!!! fucked up !!!
    We built a huge tolerance and experienced what you have mentioned for about six months until we realised, that was when one of the lads Alex began to grow for us.

What exactly gives you the right to call people useless or amateurs just because they're enjoying their cannabis to the fullest? Based on all that, you come off as an obnoxious, judgemental asshole yourself there. Might wanna ease off the elitism a bit, it's not like you are the only person with a legitimate motive for using cannabis. 

I didn't call anyone useless or an amateur, i said it gives us a bad name when people are obnoxious or useless and blame it on marijuana. As for the amateur part he said it was "like his second first time", when you do something for the first time are you not an amateur at it? Do you not know the proper definition of amateur or are you one of these people that thinks they were born knowing more than everyone else? 

And no I'm not the only one with a legitimate reason to smoke, and again i never said that, but as far as I know wanting to smoke weed to act like an idiot isn't a legitimate reason to smoke is it? No doctor prescribes you weed just to have fun. And I don't know any of you this is just based on facts, the first times you smoke you cant handle it very well and when you take a break to get your tolerance levels down and smoke again you wont handle it very well the first day or two either, and then in a few weeks max your tolerance is back so you have to stop again. And if they were really smoking that much weed it would take a good month at least or 3 months to get their tolerance levels that low. That's not enjoying your cannabis to the fullest idk any stoner that smokes to get like that, but like i said if that's what youre going for go ahead. Although i still dont see how some people who have smoked a year or so think they get sober after an hour when people who have smoked 20-30 years smoke weed and get high for 2 1/2 hours minimum. 

Dont bitch just because you don't like the truth.

8. #28 aToker, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014
    Quit fighting this is a forum :rolleyes:

9. #29 LaCurandera, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014

And being that guy who said it, I know I'm not an amateur. If you think uncontrollable laughter is some obnoxious, asshole habit then maybe you should get checked. 

Again, your holier-than-thou "you don't smoke weed for fun!" attitude implies to ego-related problems. Never said I want to smoke to act like an idiot, you were the one who associated laughter with acting like an idiot. Which is, ironically, something only an idiot would do.

Secondly, no doctor prescribes weed in this place unless you're halfway dead, so there's that. 

You said you couldnt handle yourself and after the first bowl started laughing uncontrollably and couldnt stop, yes to me that would be considered both an amateur and obnoxious/useless in a social setting. If you're not an amateur why can't you handle your weed as you put it? your words not mine.

Laughing isnt idiotic by any means, laughing uncontrollably at nothing is.

When you can "handle" one bong hit of weed then maybe you can begin to consider yourself even remotely out of the amateur category. I don't know anyone whos smoked more than a few times and still cant handle a single bowl.

Also you dont know me lol holier than thou? I didn't say you dont smoke weed for fun, i have fun when i smoke :) i said its not PRESCRIBED for that reason. And the stoners who smoke everyday enjoy the calming effects after that peak too, only people who smoke once in a blue moon will get that kind of effect from weed. Are you just trying to put words in my mouth or are you too stupid to comprehend what you're reading? I can dumb it down for you id you'd like

How are you even allowed to post in the seasoned tokers section if you can't handle your weed? 

Are you serious?  Where did I say that I can't handle my weed? Where did I state my amount experience prior to this occurrence?
    What I said was, after a lengthy break from smoking cannabis for years I experienced effects, that I had no control over but still enjoyed thoroughly. Mind you, my first time was fun, so "another" first time as a more seasoned smoker was definitely a bunch of fun as well. 

Your judgmental overreaction made it about something that's not even there. Congratulations, you've reached a level of idiotic yet to be discovered on GC!  :wave:

Exactly and i said that's how an amateur handles his weed. So again do you not know the definition of amateur? I didn't call anyone an amateur i said that particular situation is how an amateur handles his weed, because by definition your first time smoking you're an amateur. 

You're the one overreacting, i'm just stating facts. I simply said that since it was in your words like your second first time, that it proves my point that stopping will make you handle it like an amateur when you start again. And yes it is obnoxious, if you're in a room full of people who have been smoking for years and you take a bong hit and can't control yourself you're going to annoy everyone and get told to fuck off before you kill their high. 

How about you stop trying to find reasons that dont exist to pick fights and maybe actually read a bit so you can comprehend the definitions of words a little better, some of us have better things to do than try to look good on the internet. everyone who actually reads my posts as opposed to what you twisted them to be will see that i didn't insult anyone and the comment wasn't even directed at you at the beginning i was just using it as an example to actually try and help the OP with his question instead of post bs posts like you've done all day.

For the OP you can take a break but will be back to normal after one or two sessions so unless you want to stop for a month or two every time you smoke it wont really fix anything. However like me and a few others said if you're smoking good shit you should be high for a few hours at least just not how you are in the beginning, read up on the effects of marijuana you'll see why it changes an hour or two after smoking. If not try getting better stuff, using a better method of smoking(vape) or cooking it, smoke more. I just don't see how you smoke for a year and have more tolerance than people who have been smoking 20 years so i don't think you need it but its your money/weed. 

That's my answer to what the thread is about, Curandera if you want to continue posting your warped interpretations of every post people make to try and pick fights go ahead, i won't be answering anymore as I think I've repeated myself more than enough at this point. 

14. #34 LaCurandera, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
    So after misinterpreting me, putting words into my mouth, you're going to claim I twisted your posts and am picking a fight? Oh wow.. 

Delusional is one thing, but that's just special.

15. A break will def help.. But try to sick to flower. And try these strong edibles! They fosho last longer.. How long do oils&shatter last?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Usually this is the case for me....but sometimes when I'm already in a good mood previous to smoking I notice it lasts longer. It's all in your head really. I read this spiritual forum on here that talks about it. It's kind of like meditation in a way but it works.

17. I think there are two factors at work here. One is probably tolerance. I don't know how we could discount that. The other is related and was mentioned by another poster above and it is this: maybe you're not noticing the non-peak part of the high anymore. Besides our bodies' tolerance, there is our perception of contrast that gets altered when we're high all the time. When smoking everyday this can happen easily because you're at some level of high (relative to being truly sober) pretty much all the time. I know it's happened to me. Sometimes I catch myself chasing that peak high after thinking I've come down and end up over-medicating and going to sleep when I hadn't intended to. 

Of course everyone's a bit different, so OP's situation might be different. Maybe a break is the answer, maybe better bud. I think perception is playing a part, though. Taking a break and trying to really track a high from intake to peak to comedown before smoking more may give you a better idea of how long the cannabis is actually affecting you even after the peak is gone. 

18. Edibles, bongs, bowls, steamrollers, gb, switch up the high

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Well.......argument over.......truth seems to be as mentioned earlier, omega 3 lacking etc etc.......check it out, this is the tolerance problem......stop arguing children !!!!!

20. #40 Ausweed, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    You make me laugh with the amateur shit.....show me a professional marijuana user ?????? Hahahaha there is no such thing !!

Also laughing uncontrollably when stoned is not obnoxious or amateurish, it is a sign that someone is experiencing some really good weed, not to mention different strains will hit you differently, try laughing Buddha from Barneys farm, I guarantee you will laugh your ass off uncontrollably, I do and I have smoked weed for over twenty years, am I an amateur or a professional ????? Hahaha

Amateur is your attempt to label what cannot be...........go back to daddy's garden shed and your juice bottle bong little boy.