Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I only get high for like an hour?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by mikethecop, Feb 27, 2014.

1. #1 mikethecop, Feb 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
    I've been smoking everyday  for the past 2 years(about a g a day) and I usually smoke a bowl or two at a time.  I always smoke strong ass dank, but the high only seems to last me about an hour or a max of 90mins. Even if I smoke a blunt (a g in it) I won't be higher than 2 hours. 
    Also, if I smoke two bowls and I eat something , my high won't even last an hour , it'll be like 45 mins.

You guys think it's time for me to go on a t-break or something? I'm thinking about taking a tolerance break until 4/20. 
    I really DON'T want to because I love dank so much and it's become a part of my everyday life..
    but if it will make my highs last longer, I think it's best for me to take the break. 

2. take a break, a week will do it, but if ya can hold off till 4/20 good on ya

3. Ive been smoking alot longer and more than that everyday and i dont sober up that quick. smoke more/better shit lol. or maybe you're confusing the first part of the high being over with the high being gone altogether. eating will make you feel a bit different especially if you were on an empty stomach, also with time you calm down more and especially for people who are used to smoking all day it isnt as noticeable anymore. If you stop smoking then you'll notice that hours later u were still high at least if ur smoking good shit. your heart races and you feel more energy and possible paranoia etc the first 15-30 minutes after u smoke, later you get calm but in my opinion thats the nice part lol. 

• Like Like x 4
  4. welcome to the club. (the club sucks)

• Like Like x 17
  5. smoke stronger ass dank..

• Like Like x 4
  6. THIS IS ME IN A NUTSHELL
    I think we need to go on a break lol.

7. Mr Officer, I think you can find better dank if your dank only keeps you satisfied for one hour.  :smoking:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dude, I've been toking for veinticinco anos...and I get baked all day every day. Your problem is that you only want the high high. I used to be like that when I was young. Since then I learned to enjoy the up, the high, the peak, and the coming down. Like a roller coaster dude. Learn to enjoy the whole ride, and you'll realize you've been high for about 4 hours. Which is an hour longer then Gilligan's boat ride....and that tells you about how old I am.

• Like Like x 15
  9. That's why I'm taking a T-Break, my high doesn't last that long either.

10. I hate comments like this personally, why does everyone ALWAYS feel the need to put down
    other people's stash? I smoke straight DANK and I have the same problem, then what?

• Like Like x 6
  11. Then ya needa smoke Wax. Concentrates will get any daily bud smoker RIPPED, however concentrates will up your tolerance even more.

Only Way to truly lower your tolerance is take a week or two off, and you'll notice a huge difference.

12. #12 Guest, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    So do I and every once in a while, I come across *THAT* strain, if you know what I mean :smoking: . Not trying to put you down, there's just always better bud out there. I always have DANK too, it just depends on the strain, how intense the feeling, and how long it will last. Then throw some bubble hash or BHO on there if it's not cutting it.  :bongin:

13. #13 Pot4fun, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2014
    how much does it take you to get high? ive been smoking daily for about a year and can still get toasted from a .1-.3 in a one hitter

14. Go on a month t break then take dabs to the dome like i just did..youll def be high more than an hr haha

15. OP, start having spots

16. BIG L REST IN PEACE

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 6
  17. I agree man i started vaping recently and the high doesn't last as long as I'd like but I really enjoy the high i get

18. #19 LaCurandera, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
    I remember once I had about 5-7 weeks of T-break (I think it's the longest one I've ever had) after moving on my own. A friend hooked me up with his usual mad dank, after the first bong hit I was laughing uncontrollably, just couldn't fucking handle myself!  :smoking: 
    I smoked another hit about half an hour after the first one, it almost dropped me. 

That is something I'll never forget, because it was like my second "first time"!  :ey:  So I hereby advise you to take at least a month-long break and drink shitloads of water in the meantime!  :hippie:  

Exactly that's how an amateur handles his weed, and if you just smoke a joint to the face after that you'll probably trip out for a good hour or two. What makes you guys think you would have more tolerance than people who have been smoking decades and still get high for a minimum of 2 1/2 hours when they smoke good weed. People who study this shit, doctors etc. not kids that want to sit and laugh at spongebob. So if thats what you want then yea take a break and you'll need one very often after that if thats what you're going for but thats not what weed is about and that's what gives stoners a bad name when people blame doing retarded shit on weed or are completely useless/obnoxious to those around them because they "couldnt handle themselves".

The effects of weed, especially on a long term user, can be felt although alot less weeks after you stop smoking because thc is stored in your fat which is why it takes so long to get out of your system, where coke and other hard drugs take 3 days or so. So i don't see how you guys think you're smoking dank ass shit and getting high a while after your high is supposed to be peaking lol