Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Michigan MMJ Questions

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by MyNamesAustin, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Hi GC, I have a few questions regarding MMJ in Michigan.

I'm 20 years old and am looking to apply for a card, mainly on the basis of my anxiety. I've read that anxiety is covered under Michigan's MMJ conditions, but I've also read that it is not. I have had one previous emergency room trip a few years ago where my leg went numb and was advised to go to the ER by my doctor. Long story short, they sent me home with some breathing exercises paper and told me ways to manage my stress levels.

If I am correct, in order to receive a card you need multiple past-documentation of your condition. If anyone can fill me in on this, I'd really like to know.

Is there any instance where you can go into a MMJ doctor's office and tell them what I experience, have them examine me, and potentially be approved? Do they contact your doctor and look at previous medical documentation?

Also, is it at all possible to keep this on the DL from my family? Like if I got a PO box where they could send all this information and what not, is that acceptable or do you need to provide an actual address?

I'm not just some kid looking to score free weed. I have many problems, such as insomnia, anxiety, and loss of appetite that marijuana helps, however I know some of these conditions aren't covered under the MMJ regulations (which I think is BS considering how much marijuana helps with these problems).

Sorry for the long post, I just want to get some answers. Very much appreciated! Thanks!

2. In my experience, the clinic (in Michigan) I went to did acquire previous medical records for the qualifying medical condition. Unfortunately, anxiety is not on the list of qualifying conditions as far as I know. You are going to have to develop another chronic condition to qualify.