Ever feel your brain changing?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by syrupsarah, Feb 27, 2014.

Antidepressants can take the edge of the learning curve from life eperiences. If you can do without especially at your age your a lot better off. Your more naturally in touch with yourself and your enviroment. Best thing to do would be to read up on the type you were on and see how they actually affect the brain also look at the side effect as well. 

2. My sister was on a shit ton of medications for years due to nerve problems, chemical imbalances in the brain, and a couple diseases. She was still highly intelligent while on those medications, but it was severely hidden. She usually only had "bursts" of intelligent moments. She even had to take a medical leave from UC Berkely because she couldn't think straight (and couldn't/can't walk).
    Now, after being off a majority of them for a year or so, she still can't walk long distances, but she was able to start classes at a local community college and now she doesn't have bursts of intelligence, she has bursts of stupidity.
    That's my opinion on what medications can do after seeing it happen. That being said, I can feel myself making connects I wouldn't have normally made a few years ago and I contribute that to growing older and experiencing more of life.

I smoke on 1/5. I was always taught to reduce fractions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mine dont change it morphs like a power ranger.

4. You're growing up and able to handle your shit better..... sounds like you had/have clinical depression if you were going through that,

Don't do any extra-curricular unless you're mentally in a good place. It can back-fire. You need to be in a good environment with people you know well. Don't decide to do it half-cocked..

To your question OP- Yes, yes I do-always.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Well, since I'm old enough to be your parent, I can attest that you may feel like your brain is changing all through life. It has happened to me quite a few times and I'm an educated professional. Sometimes I feel like it is changing for the better and sometimes I wonder wtf is wrong with my brain! Creeps me out sometimes.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  6. One time I felt my brain fall out of my head.. I was in the kitchen. When I found it, it looked like an egg frying in a skillet! I said "brain get your ass home, you is on drugs!" It never really changed again after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2