How soon can I make hash after harvesting?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by unplugged, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Hi!I just harvested my first grow a few days ago. They've been hanging up in my tent and last night I cut up the bud and put it in a paper bag for further drying. How long does fresh bud need to dry/cure before I can make QWISO hash with it?Thanks!

2. generally with solvent extractions you'll want it to be very dry

Is it the same with budder?

4. Don't make budder my friend. If you want to make qwiso before a full dry/cure, which takes me 2 weeks, make as much kief as you can from the trim and run that. Way easier and less wasteful than nugs IMO. And if you've got hash bags you don't need to wait for the trim to be bone dry.

knives heated dull red
    release sweet smoky nectar
    I am lifted high

I was actually thinking of the trim but I said bud. lol  I don't have hash bags so I'll just wait until it's good and dry. I was thinking of putting my trim in a blender with alochol and blending it. Seems like that would have to be just as good or better than shaking it in a jar.

Are you, by chance, selling this book? I was asking about making hash or budder, not BHO. I do want to make BHO at some point but I feel like there's enough information on the internets that I can figure it out without spending extra money on a book.

you can make qwiso with fresh trim (best to freeze it beforehand) but it doesn't have to be dry.

done it a million times with fresh trim..

these were with fresh trim..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice! I'm going to do it today then.
    There will be hash tomorrow!

cool.. good luck! you're gonna get high as fuck :D

theanswer121 and hashmouf have killer tutorials in here somewhere if you need help..

Thanks! I used Hashmouf's tutorial on my males a month or two ago with good results. I expect this to be killer.  :smoking:
    Are some parts of the trim better for budder and others better for hash or is at all equally good for either? Like, would stems or big fan leaves be worth throwing in butter but maybe not hash or vice versa?

10. Never made the budder yet, but let me know how it turns out. Looking to try it next harvest.

I've never used fan leaves in my qwiso. They go right into the trash after harvest. At least in my case, they've never been worth using. Everything else, imo, is fair game. If there's trichs to be extracted, I'm gettin em all:D

I'm gonna use your guide I think. Sounds promising.  :smoke:

12. I'm totally gonna use a blender though.

13. DONT USE A BLENDER unless you want your product to taste like shit and be harsh as fuck

Really? Even with straining it through sieves and a coffee filter?

15. Yeah you break down the plant matter too much, freeze your bud and iso and do multiple runs with hardly any agitation on the first run

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app