Pakalolos Organics For The Win

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Pakalolo, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Tj... have you ever heard the term.. "wispy buds" ey, ey? ;)
    :poke:

2. Sure haven't lol

;)

TJ

Attached Files:

3. Well now you know what that's called! :lol: 400w will grow you tight buds within a 2x2 space. Outside that will get fluffy. Simple as that. Some plants naturally take in more light to produce dense nugs (indica) even under low lighting

Now you know..peace ;)

4. I think a lot of that is dependent on the genetics too, though. If I was running equatorial sativa's it would be one thing. For these plants I have from mandala, 400-600w is what is recommended. Do I have the best light coverage for my space? No. But it does well enough for my needs.

http://mandalaseeds.com/Guides/Strain-Guide

Ironhead runs 2k in his 8'x8' room. I guess everything outside of the 32 sq ft that his lights cover must be fluffy junk, huh? :p

TJ

5. I'm running 600W in a room that's just shy of 3ft. x 7ft. But I'm only using the middle 5ft. for plants. Seems to be working pretty well.

Sent from somewhere over there.
    No, not there...over THERE.

6. Interesting discussion on wattage verses bud density. I don't have much to contribute because I've always run 1000W MH in my flower area. I do notice that plants that are looking a little ragged under the 400W turn to vigorous under the 1000W.

7. Some growers grow in big rooms but just set up little pony walls around the plants, just what the light's footprint will cover. It's always a personal preference on how wispy you are willing to accept your crop. You can fill a 10x10 room with 20 plants and just grow with one 1k and each plant will flower and yield. But it's only that 4 to 6 plants that will get the most light and produce a product worthy of the pickiest smoker. It's too common to deny the appeal of dense nugs vs wispy cuz when a grower grows enough solid buds, you always start processing the undergrowth and wispy stuff.

1k's are the shizznit!!

8. Yeah, but again yall are talking about filling a room, and having some plants without direct lighting. The room may be 10x10 , and the plants would only be in the light footprint. Not spread out over the entire space, my issue would be ventilating the entire room, and not just a small space packed with plants. 

Wait until I get a bigg ass space. Imma try it..

9. That's what circulating fans are for to move the stale air around the whole space while exhaust fans pull air out.

10. Yesterday was cuttings day for the teenagers in the flower area. The Mazar-I-Shariff x Guerrero and Goblin Queen #2 are about ready to be turned. I'm going to put them in the new flower area.

So I took these cuttings:

6 The One
       6 Blue Orca
       4 Goblin Queen
       3 Mildred
       2 Mazar-I-Shariff x Guerrero

Hopefully I'll get at least 1 of each.

11. I finished up harvesting the seeds for my Neon Purps mother.

[​IMG]

It's not as many as I got from the Goblin Queen seedling but it is still over a 1000 seeds.

12. Well at least u got that strain covered. U must really love that!

13. I've still got the Mazar-I-Shariff x Guerrero seed mother plus the Goblin Queen to harvest the seeds. An added benefit is that the rest of the flowers are going into my IWE can for making hash when I'm all done.

I'm interested in what the Mazar crossing with my old male seeds will produce. There's a lot of old school genetics in those seeds.

14. Um...where do I sign up for the pheno hunt?

15. There better be a signup sheet too! You know im weird like that. 😶

16. It's been a while since I did a photo dump because not much is happening in the cellar. I spending most of my time harvesting seeds and am between ladies. When we last were in my cellar I had moved some teenagers into the flower area and transplanted them into 5 gallon pots. This is what they looked on around September 28.

[​IMG]

Then I went off to play some pool and since I've been back I've been harvesting my outdoor ladies. So I thought I would give you what's changed in the last 4 weeks.

[​IMG]

These girls are coming along quite nice. The front row (l to r) are Goblin Queen #1, Blue Orca and Cascadian Frost and the back row (l to r) are The One, Mildred and Goblin Queen #2.

I took the Mazar-I-Shariff x Guerrero out of there because she was getting too tall and moved her into the new flower area. So Cascadian Frost has taken her place.

I'm going to let this veg until they get tall enough to flip. I'm hoping for more bud by doing that. I figure a few more weeks before I flip them.

17. #1138 Pakalolo, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
    Concerning my new flower area I still don't have the 120V circuit in place so I have no fans running. I've left the doors off too until I get air circulation. I'm running 1000W HPS lights to try them out in there. I like the fact they throw off less heat than the MH but I don't like the color I get from the pictures. I've got 4 ladies in one of the flower areas (I have 2 4x4' spaces).

[​IMG]

In the front left is a Ravnus from seeds. Behind it is a Nocturnal from seeds. In front on the right is a Goblin Queen from seeds. In the back right is 3M. All but the Goblin Queen are into the 6th week on 12/12. They're a little more ragged then my normal grows but these are seedlings and I'm not sure if I'll keep them or not. The Goblin Queen is about 2 weeks behind them.

Ravnus bud
    [​IMG]

Nocturnal bud
    [​IMG]

These ladies have nice structure and fat buds so if the quality is there I will keep them. The next is from my crossing of Eminem and Mildred, hence the name 3M. She shows a lot of sativa to her bud structure.

3M
    [​IMG]

18. #1139 Pakalolo, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
    The last time I showed a picture of my yellow leaf Goblin Girl was September 7. I took her too far into the yellow and this has stunted her growth. Here is what she looked like back then.

[​IMG]

I'm going to wait until she has some branches with less yellow and convert her back to what is the sweet spot of about 30% yellow. She hasn't grown much but most of growth has been with the greener parts. The yellow leaves have a tendency to die along the edges.

[​IMG]

To get an idea of how this inhibits her growth look back on the teenagers in the flower room. Those girls were cloned at the same time as this one. It's a big difference.

19. What sort of camera are you using? You might try another white balance setting if you can.