Pakalolos Organics For The Win

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Pakalolo, Feb 26, 2014.

1. On Saturday I sent about 6 hours processing seeds from my Goblin Queen seedling. I took her a little early but it looks like I ended up with 1000s of seeds.

[​IMG]

I won't have to worry about seeds for awhile. I still have a Neon Purps and a Goblin Queen from the clones with seeds to harvest. A lot more time consuming than your basic trimming job.

2. I'm curious.  How do you go about "processing seeds"?

3. Awesome Pak! Was that your old 70's seeds male that you pollinated with? What's your plan with all those seeds now, you gonna pheno hunt for something special?

4. To be honest, I started salivating as soon as I saw that plate. I ate a lot of 'toasted' hemp seeds last year that were delicious, so whenever I see a mass of seeds like that I only associate it with eating them. :confused_2:

Looks like a great, well-developed haul. Nice.

5. #1045 Pakalolo, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2014

It's like trimming but instead of ending up with bud I crush the buds, separate the chaff from the seeds, separate the seeds from the immature seeds and finally end up with a bowl of seeds. It is very time consuming but with a little help from my herb I got through it. I'm not looking forward to the next two plants with seeds.

It usually takes me about an hour to trim a plant without seeds.

Yes the father of the seeds were the 2 males (Eminem and MTV) from those 70's seeds. I will be popping some to see what I get. I'll probably start that after I get my new flower area completed. I'm bringing in 2 extra 120V circuits down in the cellar so I'll have more lights to run the pheno hunt on. Need more space to run a bunch of seeds because not all are females, not all are viable. You end up with lots to start but only a few to finish. My seed run this summer out of 25 or so seeds I ended up with 3 plants I'm flowering to see what I got.

I've eaten hemp seeds but they're not my favorite. I won't be eating these though. I've got a couple of growers I'll be swapping seeds with though.

6. Perfect plate pic, Pak! ...... :blink:

7. #1047 Pakalolo, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
    The rainy days of the PNW have taken another of my outdoor girls, a Goblin Queen. I found some bud rot/mold on one of her buds. I've seen this before where the bud turns black and dies off. It is a little early but rather than let all the buds rot I chopped her down.

I have 7 plants I'm hoping can go 11 more days. The Cascadian Frost is looking real good and seems to be a great outdoor plant. My Mazar-I-Shariff x Guerrero is starting to turn colors. If I get some sun I'll take a picture of them. My outdoor girls are about 6' tall but nothing like those NoCal growers.

I'm already making plans for next summer and will be using light dep to get them into flower mode around mid-July. That should get them finished here in the PNW. I'm learning as I go. I haven't really grown outside in a very long time.

8. That sucks, man. Glad you caught it early.

What does "light dep" mean? Deprivation? How would you accomplish that outside?

Sent from somewhere over there.
    No, not there...over THERE.

I have to use my hoop house and then cover it with black plastic so it only gets 12 hours of sunlight.

You're correct - light dep means light deprivation. I learned this trick from those NoCal growers. I'm going to use it next summer to get my plants done in mid-September.

10. Sup LoLo,
    Fucked up about the mold, but I had it this year. First OD grow, but still. I was thinking the same thing for next year. I wanna veg during early spring, and flower them early.

I have been thinking hard about what ill run next summer. What are thinking about?..I know you are.

I'm watching the Cascadian Frost and the Mazar-I-Shariff x Guerrero and they seem to be doing well in this environment. So I'll probably clone them for next summer. I'm thinking the Goblins and Mildred aren't doing that well outside so I may forget them next year for outside.

I've got seeds from my old males. The old males were around the worst of my spider mites/powdery mildew attacks last winter but they got neither. So I'm going to pop some of those seeds and hope that the F1s retained some of the resistance the males showed.

I'm going to build a bigger hoop house next year too.

12. That sounds like a solid plan. I wasn't going to run Blue cheese next year, but since Im going to run them early in sthe season. Im going to try it outside again. Suoer lemon haze is my first choice for next year. I think im going to scrog the shit out of it.

I just posted that im going to rebuild the BBR in a couple of weeks too. Haaa rebuilding is going on everywhere.

13. Sorry to hear about more mold pak. Today I too had a run in with some. I found budrot on a single bud and it looked to have just started. So I chopped the bud off and then cut out the small moldy bit and now I got the rest of the bud in the oven for a sample.

My plants are only about week 3-5ish. Too early for me to even chop early so I'm letting em go more. We and other pnw growers should work to develop some mold resistant strains for here.

From what I understand with light dep you can run just about anything so long as the weather permits, but a nice mold resistant fast finisher just going by the sun would be excellent. I hope you have good luck with the beans you're going to be sprouting from the resistant males!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Thanks, dude for the vibes. It's just a fact of growing outdoors in the PNW. This has been a good summer and if I had done the light dep on them I would have done great. Now it looks like it will be something but not great. My main focus was on the seed run. I want to get those old male genetics back into the mix. My seed crop is going to finish fine. I could take them now if I needed to.

I figure my ladies are pushing what I would call the 6 week mark. At least that's what the buds look like to me. If I get some sun tomorrow I'll take some pictures. It isn't all doom and gloom but more some minor setbacks. I've learned a lot with this run that I can apply next summer.

I did get some good news with the cloning. The 4th The One has finally shown roots. This has been a little over 8 weeks for her to do that. She is pretty sad looking so I moved her straight to a gallon pot and shoved her in with the teenagers in the flower area. I figure she would do better under the 1000W MH then the T5s or the 400W MH. The 5th cutting has not made it. So I'm 4 out of 5 on The One cuttings. The first one to root is now spending her teenage time in the flower area along with her sister, Blue Orca.

As far as PNW outdoor genetics it looks like Cascadian Frost is doing well along with the Mazar-I-Shariff x Guerrero. It only needs about 11 more days and I'll be able to confirm it.

15. It was a nice sunny day yesterday so I got out and took some pictures. I just need 9 more days of this to harvest.

Cascadian Frost
    [​IMG]

Neon Purps
    [​IMG]

The CF is a little over 6' tall and is showing nice big buds. The NP was taken outside later in the summer after I found out the Original Diesel was male. These next 3 are seed mothers.

Goblin Queen
    [​IMG]

Neon Purps
    [​IMG]

Mazar-I-Shariff x Guerrero
    [​IMG]

16. Real purdee man...real purdee  :smoke:

Dang Pak....that's awesome man. You don't mess around bruh. Those are nice mature seeds. Great job man!

18. You wanna gift some seed stock? Lol

19. Oooooooh your gonna get a whooopin when Chunky see s this! ;)
    :smoke: y